Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Firewomen

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default Firewomen

Hey, does anyone know of a department that has a boat load or at least soem fine women in it? All I come across are some ugly dykes. {No offense if your an ugly dyke.}

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face A BOAT LOAD?

LOL..A BOAT LOAD?WHY DO YOU NEED A BOAT LOAD ISNT ONE FIREWOMAN ENOUGH FOR YOU?I HAPPEN TO BE ONE AND IM NOT AN UGLY DYKE...BUT I GOTTA TELL YOU IF THIS POST IS AN EXAMPLE OF YOUR CHARM I WOULDNT COUNT ON ANY LOADED BOATS COMING YOUR WAY....
    SO I SURE HOPE YOU LIKE PLAYING WITH YOUR "DINGY!!!!".......
    BESIDES YOU DONT NEED A BOAT LOAD...
    YOU ALREADY HAVE "
    A LOAD OF ****!!"
    ~LOL
    GEN
    Musta been some other blonde...

No, I just saw a calander with a whole bunch of really pretty firewomen and I was just wondering if anyone knew of any. I mean, I couldnt' tell if it was real or they were models you know?

The second part, I was just trying to figure which department had the best looking ones. Houston Fire Department I know does, and Montgomery County Health Department (EMS north of Hosuton) has some pretty hot paramedics.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Webteam: Please show this guy the door!

Fireman61, is this the best that you can come up with? Are you so desperate or just that ignorant?

I think your question would best be answered in some other on-line personal ad page. These forums are best used for constructive discussions and sharing of ideas.

I'll be disappointed in the webteam if they don't at least lock up this thread soon. But, if it were me, I'd remove you permanently just for making such stupid remarks and disrespecting all female firefighters. Sir, you're no brother of mine.
    Lt. D. Gordon
    Greendale Fire Department
    Greendale, IN

Wow someone can't take a joke.

fireman61

So you post wasn't meant to insult 'ugly dykes' what about the rest of us? If you got into fire fighting to find a woman, you got in for the wrong reason! Since you are only 18 I suggest that you make an effort to grow up BEFORE trying to find yourself a woman, because frankly I don't think you could handle a real woman FF or not!

MembersZone Subscriber

Red face only a puppy!

Boy ,(punn intended)...
    I thought your original post was bad but now I understand~
    18 Years old you are barely a puppy!
    But even that is no excuse for your underdeveloped respect/appreciation area in your brain.
    I will let you in on a secret boat load wisher....
    The Fireservice is probably the final fronteir for women integrating into the workforce. Its still the one profession that maintains a low percentage of women,for obvious reasons. Oh - forgive me I will put into boat load terms for you....
    THIS IS A HARD AND STRENUOUS LINE OF WORK, BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY-WHICH ELIMINATES MOST WOMEN.(because they are not as physically adept to it as men (strength wise))
    AND THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO RESPECT THE FEW WOMEN
    FIREFIGHTERS BECAUSE THEY WORK DAMN HARD TO BE WHERE THEY ARE AND BELIEVE ME IT IS NOT AN EASY ROAD! ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE THE ONLY WOMAN,WHICH I HAVE BEEN AT 2 DEPARTMENTS...
    WHETHER THEY ARE HETROSEXUAL,ASEXUAL,BISEXUAL OR NOT IS NO IMPORTANCE. DO YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE A WOMAN WEARS THE SAME MENS
    UNIFORMS YOU DO TO WORK SHE IS GAY?
    MY GUESS IS THAT YOU ARE JUST FRUSTRATED BECAUSE YOUR FEBAL ATTEMPTS AT CHARM OBVIOUSLY FAILED AND YOU HAVE BEEN REJECTED BY ONE;
    AND BEING JUST A PUP YOUR TOO IGNORANT TO SEE YOU DONT INTERST HER AND YOU THINK...
    hmmn....AH-HA! I KNOW SHE MUST BE GAY!
    I DIDNT REALLY WANT TO GO OUT WITH HER ANYWAY,SHES UGLY -
    DONT WORRY THOUGH SOMEDAY YOUR OTHER TESTICLE WILL DROP AND YOUR BLOOD WILL GO TO YOUR BRAIN AND YOULL BE CAPABLE OF USING BOTH SIDES TO THINK!
    MEOW! PARDON ME MY FIRFIGHTING BROTHERS AND SISTERS,.
    BUT I THINK MY "UGLY DYKE SIDE"
    MUSTA TOOK OVER AND WROTE THIS POST...
    Lah........la.la...............lah..la,la...
    LOL~

Disillusioned Subscriber

Default SCHWAPP!

YEOWCH!

Damn, girl! I'm impressed!! You do a pretty good job holdin' your own!

I'll, um, be over here if you need anything!
    Last edited by Steamer; 05-04-2002 at 07:44 PM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking LOL HOLDIN MY OWN

THANK YOU STEAMER..LOL
    YAH I LIKE HOLDIN MY OWN(BUT ITS MORE FUN TO HOLD SOMEONE ELSES!)
    BAM..WOOHOO-
    LOL..ITS GOTTA BE THE FULL MOON!
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gen

Disillusioned Subscriber

Nope, I'm not going there!!

Last edited by Steamer; 05-04-2002 at 11:48 PM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Thumbs down

fireman61
    I use that term loosly for you, in my 29 years in the fire service, I have seen plenty of brothers do and say stupid things, but KID you take the cake. Joke or no joke, what you posted is most definitly an insult of the highest to all firefighters not only the women who serve in the fire service. Your mother should be ashamed of you, but perhaps YOU really were found under a rock and your parents felt sorry for you and took you home. You need to grow up, think before you speak and should you ever become lucky enough to join this great brotherhood I for one hope that you serve your rookie time with a female crew. You could learn alot

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink steamer/truckrescue

Steamer...lol

I finally just now figured out how to get the smiley faces into my post lol..I was enlightened ...
    (WHEN MY UNSCHEDULED BLONDE MOMENT ENDED).LOL
    FIREMAN61(aka:Boat Load Wisher) In laymens terms or "BoatLoad Lingo",I am referring to a BRAIN FART!
    I KNOW YOU ARE VERY FAMILIAR WITH THAT ANOMOLY....SINCE YOU OBVIOUSLY HAD ONE WHEN YOU SUBMITTED YOUR POST!

GEN

Truckrescue:
    Spoken like a REAL FIREMAN!!!!

Disillusioned Subscriber

Like many others, I was upset with the original post here. I have watched Gen handle this quite well with skill that I have seldom seen. She obviously didn't need my help! (Gen, we should get together some time. I could really use some pointers! ) I've got to admit it's been fun watching her stomp you like a piece of rotten fruit.

fireman61-
    You should probably print the post that truckrescue gave you, and refer to it the next time you start to open your mouth and make a comment like you posted here. You should also print Genafire's post and read it to remind you what could happen if you don't follow the advise in the first post.

I bet you're the type to make all kinds of ethnic/racial jokes and wail in laughter at them. Do you point and laugh at handicapped people? How about injured animals? Those are all on the level of your "joke" as you called it.

Gay or straight, fox or dog, male or female...it makes no difference to me. All I expect is that they do their job, are professional, and can drag their buddy out if things go bad. I don;t know how many of these criteria you can meet, but your not doing too well with the "being professional" part so far. BTW, there was a series of posts here under the title "PUPS". You might want to read it. You're pretty much an example to this point.

You should probably tend to your wounds now.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up STEAMER.

WOW...THANKS STEAMER!
    I thought about what i wrote afterwards and wondered if I went a little overboard giving fireman61 a Verbal Enema..lol...
    Then I thought well, I toned it down to other words with more than 4 letters,,,so I guess it was ok...

I will say this though...
    Fireman61 ,"BE GLAD WE CANT TAKE IT OUTSIDE",because I would bit@#-slap your scrawny lil *** so hard and raise your voice an octive or two-OOPS WAIT .....
    IF I DID THAT SOME FIREFIGHTERES MIGHT MISTAKE YOU FOR AN UGLY-DYKE-FIREWOMAN........OH! The Irony....!
    Then I would change out of uniform into my "Girley clothes",and go to lunch with STEAMER....
    OR
    Dinner with TRUCKRESCUE!
    GEN

Maybe there should a set a do and don't rules for the pups, we could use this thread as an example. Have the web team put it in the FAQ... hehe

fireman61... you really don't have any idea how lucky you are that either Gen or I can't take it outside with you. The funny thing is your command officers would probably stand by and watch, cheering zealously as our "ugly dyke" side kicked your sorry ***, while they came up with a 'fitting' nick name for you.

Steamer... I love that little guy with the hammer

Gen... I think we could sell tickets, it would be a great fund raiser for your dept. or at the very least it would pay for dinner and beer

Temp

Default Femme Fatal

Guys, (or gals more correctly), we all work in the same environment, trying toachieve the same goals. We could probably be a bit nicer to each other. OR, maybe if you **** each other off don't talk.
    I understand that this is a free forum for each other to say what they feel. But we are trying to learn from each other and maybe bustin' each others chops doesn't help.
    I am a bloke obviously enough,but I work with lady fire fighters who despite their size put in 100% and achieve the goals. We all work as a team and if I dont know the answer or I can't do something my mates back me up. Just as I back up my mates. I know that one of the ladies I work with is gay. SO WHAT!.
    She does her job and we all get along. I might say stuff occasionally that offends her (whether as a female or as a gay) but she is the first to let me know if I've been a boor. So maybe you guys should just live and let live.
    I understand that some may have found the initial post offensive (as did I) but if its that bad dont post a reply its not worth it.
    Sorry if this offends anyone but we are all a family. My lack of knowledge and understanding of being a female fireFighter is obvious but we are all in the "game" together so we should probably try to get along. It works where I'm from. Mav.

Forum Member

This young "Pup" needs to learn patience, respect, responsiblity, when to keep his mouth shut. My father used to tell me "Little boys are to be seen and not heard". Maybe you can use this bit of advice Pup! And to the rest of you, how do you expect this young man to learn anything if you all attack him and threaten him with physical violence. That makes you no better then he! Let those without sin cast the first stone! Sure, he shows immaturaty with his postings, but you all do not show anything more with yours....

*Mark

Mav 426

I understand your point in not replying to a post that you find offensive, for myself I didn't reply to it because it was offensive. It takes a lot more than that to offend me. I replied to it, because it is degrading and disrespectful to woman and to the job in general.

These forums are a great place to gain knowledge and information, I have yet to come across anyone that will not help. For all intents and purposes this is a 'virtual' fire house, if something like that was said in an actual fire house what do you think would have happened? I'm sure the response would have varied but overall would have been the same.

It's better to be slammed here once in a while, then to irritate a whole heap of people and end up getting blocked. I've had people say things to me about posts I have made, and in light of their responses have amended or removed the post, as I know others have done when I have questioned something about one of their posts. The point is if you don't mean to offend anyone, then at least attempt to not be offensive. If it turns out that something you have said gets a negative reaction, then either bite the bullet and deal with the flames, or change the post.

Default dig-ga-ditch

I just thought I would throw this out there...
    If I go down in a blaze I don't care who drags me outta the fire. If I find out it was a woman I might just kiss her, hell if I found out it was a guy who saved my butt I might just kiss him too! (don't go there)
    Respect is the name of the game period.

PD

In case many of you didn't know, I was simply asking a question about which department had pretty women in it. Never thought asking a question was a bad idea, from some of your replies I have to question the fact that maybe it isn't just air in your air pack. I saw a calendar that featured women in it that were firefighters. If I'm not mistaken many departments do make these calendars with guys in them too. We all know there are people in this world that aren't as attractive as others, I was only referring to departments that contained really pretty girls, not just any old girl. Another point I was trying to ask is are these girls really firefighters, or are they models? There are some calendars that use models instead of the real thing you know?

If I offended you, I'm not really sorry. There is this thing called freedom of speech and if you don't understand what I'm saying then you could simply ask me what I meant, but your actions about wanting to kick my *** must really show how immature you are. So before you go bashing me and trying to sound big on the Internet, why don't you think about reality. It is a message board. We are from different departments, different areas of the country, and different backgrounds. Some of the departments it seems that some of you come from seem uptight. I mean, what happens in mine stays there. If it is a joke, we let it go, but when the tones come, the hate is dropped, the gear is on, and out we go. Sorry if you didn't understand what I was saying, but if you knew my background and what I have accomplished at such a young age, then you would see that I wasn't such a bad guy.

I've worked my *** off, worked with paramedics that hated the fact that I was becoming an EMT at such a young age. But I put in my time, I studied hard to try and get a perfect score on my State EMT exam, but no one is perfect and I didn't get it. I've read almost every book that I can get my hands on about EMS and Fire.

I relax by posting pointless posts, so sew me. I don't care, it is how I relax, how I get rid of the stress that is built up. I work a job, go to school, volunteer with a fire department, and an EMS department. I do it because I love it, so get off my back OK?

[B][I][SIZE=1][FONT=courier new]
    fireman61
    The replies that you are recieving from your post have nothing to do with your qualifications as an EMT or Vollie. Read the replies again and I think you will see a trend of answers that indicated your imaturity in dealing with Firefighters Male or Female. As you stated most of us are from different departments and I am sure that these departments have some type of sensitivty training ( learning to think before speaking ) to ensure that all members do not offend each other or the public. The question or the way you asked shows imaturity and that is what ****ed off everyone. So since you state you are still in school check the class schedule and see if they offer a class on how to act and behave in the real world.

Incase you haven't noticed, I don't really care. I mean, it is the internet. So I post pointless **** instead of going home and drinking or beating my girlfriend like others do. This is how I blow of steam, no one said you had to read it. So once again, I don't really care. Plus you guys really should relax and check to make sure that it is only air in your air packs. This post is pointless and I don't feel like writting any more about it.

<~~~~Moving on~~~~~~~>

fireman61

I appreciate the fact that you attempted to clarify what your intention of the original post was. Had it been written that way in the first place I am sure that you would not have gotten the negative reaction that you did. I think the thing that you have to understand is that as hard as you have worked, the women that have gotten into various depts have worked just as hard, as have the other men. I don't believe that anyone challenged your competency as an EMT or a FF. Woman take offense to remarks like the ones you made because of what they have had to go through to work in fire service, not all fire depts welcome women with open arms, but you wouldn't understand what that is like since you are a man. You may try to empathize, but you will never really understand because the stigma hasn't been attached to you. The majority of women who work in fire don't want any special consideration or treatment because they have breasts and a uterus, as a matter of fact they would be happier if no one ever noticed at all. When you work as a fire fighter you are generic, it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, you are there to do your job.

Oh... if you really want to know about the women in the calander try turning it over, the dept information is usually listed somewhere on the back, or on the inside cover. I'm sure that if you contacted them, they would be happy to tell you if they are models or real fire fighters.

I looked it over, only two were real firefighters, the rest were models. I guess they should name it Models Dressed up like firefighters or something, beats me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Lightbulb egads!

Well Fireman61 I guess theres only one thing to say to you in language your capable of understanding!...

"wOOF!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information