Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Larry's Grant Applications

Was typing a response when the Webteam shut the thread down.

If you do go to the grant website and try both the usernames that Larry said, they both say "Submitted on 5/2/2002".

I think Steve is right though, the website accepted it but they will not review it.

HOWEVER, if FEMA does review the applications then they have some explaining to do!!!

Disillusioned Subscriber Steamer's Avatar

Adze-
    I called FEMA's grant assistance line, and that is what they told me. I posted within 5 minutes after talking with them. They said that anything submitted after their cutoff date would not be reviewed. They also indicated that they are probably going to shut down the application submission site after my call.
    I do intend to follow-up on Larry's suggestion that I check and see if either department gets a grant off of those applications.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Polaris:

2050 manchester circle
    polaris, Montana 89406-5678

Grass Valley

2050 manchester circle
    fallon, Nevada 89406-5467

Same bank account info and same Employer Identification Number, etc....

Regardless if these were real or fake applications, they were submitted 5/2.
    Last edited by Adze39; 05-03-2002 at 11:53 AM.

Originally posted by Steamer
    I do intend to follow-up on Larry's suggestion that I check and see if either department gets a grant off of those applications.
    Same here. This could be a serious problem.

Administrator

Lets please stop the discussion. There is no point to it and only makes the originator get everyone riled up about a non-issue.

We will have an official statement from USFA when its available, but there is NO way an application submitted after April 5 would be accepted into the actual system. That would be a violation of FEMA policy and certainly unfair to all those who did meet the deadline. Its a simple computer thing, thats all.

Sure, maybe they pressed and it was accepted due to some loophole in the programming. But accepted online and in ACTUALITY are TWO differnt things.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information