+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Exclamation Attention All Members Of The I.A.C.O.J.

Welcome to our first election of officers!!

We will be accepting nominations for the following offices;

1 President
    2 Vice President
    3 Secretary/ Treasurer
    4 Sergeant at Arms (must be EXTRA crusty!)

We already have a traffic Officer(HE HE!) in the person of Stay Back 500 ft.

I will start by nominating Capt. Gonzo for President!!
    Last edited by 1835Wayne; 05-03-2002 at 01:37 PM.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

Such a distinguished group, this choice is tough!

Pres - Gonzo
    VP - Chief Reason
    Sec - JayTL
    SAA - Steamer

Default I second that...

I second the motion for the officers.

Pres - Gonzo
    VP - Chief Reason
    Sec - JayTL
    SAA - Steamer

DJW
    Member I.A.C.O.J.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
    -Ambrose Redmoon

Forum Member

Has the "scope and practice" of each office been outlined yet??? Just how is the crust factor being measured??? Is it total time on or is it general attitude and disposition???

Also, unless I have missed a self appointment there seems to be NO ONE who has dedicated thier services in forcible entry with special emphasis on "GHETTO STYLE" Allow me to bring my keys to the city. If you can't get in you can't crawl down the hallway. I can also serve as the foul-mouth-heavy-smoker-angry-overly tattooed-IRISH guy if there happens to be a need for one.
    I.A.C.O.J IRISH TATTOOED-HOOLIGAN

DETROIT FIRE FIGHTER AND PROUD!

Forum Member

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! This is just how my department got in trouble with Mr. Few.

All of the nominees seem OK with me, but 'once bitten, twice shy.' I want to see their resumes.

JTL

I can also serve as the foul-mouth-heavy-smoker-angry-overly tattooed-IRISH guy if there happens to be a need for one.
    Take away smoking and thats me.

Forum Member

JTL,

Can you work tools "GHETTO STYLE" if so we could share the work load.

City of Tulare Fire Department, Tulare, Ca.

And I make a motion that the uniform shall be SHORTS AND POLO SHIRTS!!! Do I have a second?

JTL

Motown Nah...you got it bruh! I got your back.

Forum Member

Default Captain Gonzo's Resume for oldE6man

Born in 1953..that makes me old as it is!

Lived across the street from a firehouse, was a "firehouse mouse"

Had a fire in our home 12/23/61. Memere (Canadian French for Grandmother) accidentally started the fire..watched in amazement as the firefighters put out said fire.

Parents divorced in 1962, moved to Lowell, Massachusetts.

Lived halfway between Engine 2/Ladder 2 and Engine 7's houses, chased after the sirens on my bike whenever I could.

Got sidetracked for a few years, wanted to be a rock star!

Went to college to study communications, unlike Scooby Few I do have my degree! I am almost there for a 2nd degree in Fire Science.

Took the Massachusetts Firefighter entrance exam in 1980.

Appointed in November 1981.

Obtained my EMT certification in 1982.

Went to the Massachusetts Fire Academy in 1982, still taking courses when I can from some real "crusty old jakes" from the big cities and small towns.

Worked at the Academy for 12 years in the Support Services Division, assisting the Instructors in the Recruit, Industrial and Field Service programs. It was here where I realized that everybody has the same situation...it's the same circus, different clowns!

Promoted to Lieutenant November 1988.

First OT tour as an officer, two 2 alarm fires back to back!

Promoted to Captain August 2001.

Public Fire Education/Public Information Officer since 1997.

Excellent public speaking skills (if you can teach fire safety to elementary school students, you can talk to just about anybody!)

I think my best qualification is...
    I love this JOB!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Sr. Information Officer

Talking Wait just a minute here...

Hmmm, Gonzo....the paperwork seems to be in order. Very impressive qualifications sir! Alas, there is one question you didn't answer.

Have you got a "few" friends in the south, who need a job?
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default I.A.C.O.J.

I will also second the nominations previously mentioned, with the addition of SuperChef as Head Cook and Bottle Washer.

Motown88, the foul-mouth-heavy-smoker-angry-overly tattooed guy should be our Door Man at the meetings.

Now all we need is an Organizational Slogan:

Old is Wise to Teach the New Guys.
    "The uniform is supposed to say something about you. You get it for nothing, but it comes with a history, so do the right thing when you're in it."
    Battalion Chief Ed Schoales
    from 'Report from Ground Zero' pg 149
    I.A.C.O.J. Member

Forum Member

Default THE IRONS

Oh dear motown
    Sorry bro but I've got the irons (refer back to the fouth or fifth post on the original thread). As for doing it ghetto style, I think that after 23 years in the ghetto I couldn't do it any other way, but as always open to new ways to do anything, but like the old ways better.
    bob g rescue2 fdny

Forum Member

rescue2bob,

Ok, then I will man the Detroit Ripper if anyone out there knows what that tool is.

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Talking Get this guy a job!

I gotta agree with the nominations....however, I hereby nominate a one mongofire_99 for a job of some sort within this fine organization.

Maybe place him in charge of devils advocacy?
    Last edited by enginecappy; 05-03-2002 at 07:18 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

If anyone wants I will offer my services to compose, um I mean write any resumes' that you will need. It will also afford you the "clausible deniability clause."

Enginecappy, I'm with you on Mongo....hey what about a board of trustees?

Disillusioned Subscriber

Default WOW

Gentlemen...I am truly and greatly honored. As did Captain Gonzo, I submit my resume for oldE6man.

I was born in 1956, in Chillicothe, Ohio, and except for a short period after high school, when I lived in Louisiana. (Loved the food; hated the humidity. Mardi Gras was da bomb!)

I lived 3 doors down from a firehouse, and pretty much grew up there to the consternation of my parents.

Started out as a in Junior in 1971 with a volunteer department where I stayed for 15 years, then took a full time job with Chillicothe FD as a firefighter in 1986 after taking the test 3 different times.

Went to college, but time didn't permit me to finish my degree in Fire Science. I'm 6 credit hours short. (I gotta do that someday)

Ohio certified as firefighter in 1974, EMT in 1972, and paramedic in 1977. Fire Safety Inspector certification in 1976. State Fire Instruictor in 1981. Ohio Fire Investigator in 1982. Ohio Police Firearms Qualification Course in 1999 (Yep, I carry a gun. I know, scary thought, ain't it?!). Certified Arson Canine Handler in 2000 through Maine Criminal Justice Academy.

Went through a weakend floor around 1980, into upturned chairs. The one of the chair legs entered my leg at my ankle, and proceeded 20" toward my knee. Still looking for the SOB that set the fire. Ohio's statute of limitations have expired, but mine hasn't. Several burns through the years, with scars to prove it. I guess that might qualify me for extra-crispy er, I mean crusty.

Attended the third class ever at the Ohio Fire Academy, and have been going back ever since. I've got a drawer full of certificates from them. Trained with some of the finest firefighters I've had the pleasure to work with.

I currently teach with the Ohio Fire Academy on many different courses. I also teach at Ohio University in their new fire program which I helped establish this year.

Promoted to Lieutenant in 1992, Captain in 1996, and Asst. Chief in 2001.

Worked in Code Enforcement Bureau for 2 years, and currently Bureau Chief of the Investigations Bureau.

Captain Gonzo and I share the love of the job. I miss the actual Interior stuff greatly, but my teaching gets me back in the mix with a degree of regularity. I am also ready and willing to go to war when my "family" is unfairly criticized or bashed...whomever does it. Mutts, politicians, so called comediennes...I don't much care.

Once again, I am truly, truly honored!

Hey, MOTOWN88. Care to help me secure the Guinness at the meetings? Imagine...2 Irishmen looking after the Guinness.
    Last edited by Steamer; 05-03-2002 at 08:46 PM.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

No job's too small. I'll even wash the dishes with/for SuperChef.

My resume isn't as distiguished as some and I can't remember all that stuff anyway so I won't put it out there, but here's some stuff about me you should know before electing me to anything...

Born a long time ago in Texas.

Still have all my own teeth.

Graduated a high school in '80.

Wanted to be a groupie for the Bangles and the Gogos, but I refused to wear that '80s look with the skinny tie, cockroach killin' shoes and the moussed hair. But I dug '80s chicks.

Voted for Mondale in '84, Dukakis in '88, Perot in '92, Dole in '96 and Dubya in '00 (jeez, now that I look at it I only picked one winner, no going to the track for me...)

Recovering liberal bonehead.

Volly for a long time, career for not as longa time.

Chicks dig me

Still chasin' the degree

Got some other certs in a drawer somewhere but I don't remember what they are, may be a hazmat in there somewhere...

Never convicted of anything I didn't do.

For some reason, I think Chillicothe is a cool word. Maybe it's because I like chili...

Got a Sam Houston in natural leather

I fish

I enjoy/encourage practical jokes

I'll do almost anything to see if I can spin someone that seems unflappable up. I said almost anything, not anything.

I'll embarass the chief on TV, in print or in the city council meeting if I get asked the right question.

If I find your week spot, I'll force you to make it stronger.

If you have BS opinion I expect you to be able to explain it.

Always in trouble for something I was supposed to do and did, but not like "the man" wanted.

I believe strongly in extreme compliance when it won't hurt anyone or make anything worse, but will make the guy that gave the order look like the true idiot he is.

I refuse to drink lite beer unless it's free and all the stuff I can buy is sold out or I'm broke. If I still drank.

I want to ride a tailboard again because it's fun. But I won't because it's stupid to do it today.

I got one of them fancy holsters to keep hemostats, penlights, scissors, window punch and all that ditch doctor stuff in. It's out in the shed somewhere...

On those thankfully rare days I ride the box, I refuse to wear them pants with all them pockets for hemostats, penlights, scissors, window punch and all that ditch doctor stuff...

I can sit in the back of the meeting room and make snide jokes about what some boot says, the way somebody dresses, has their hair cut or colored or whatever makes them stand out in the crowd, or say "that's BS" and tell people to "sit down and shut up" with the best of them.

When I think it's BS, I throw the BS flag.

And I'll vote "no" and argue against things I want just to confuse or **** people off - a devils advocate if you will...

Anyway, enough about me...
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hear ye, hear ye:
    For those about to rock, I salute you. Such a fine assemblage of upper crusties. I will place into the minutes, the text of my resume.
    Born in '52. Only boy with seven sisters. Proficient in hop-scotch and jumprope. Smallest kid in my grade school. Got beat up alot-for playing hop-scotch and jumprope. The boys just made fun of me!
    Watched alot of the Three Stooges and played in traffic as a kid. Once did the "Curley Shuffle" at a job interview. I got hired.
    Had (7) surgeries on the right knee and (4) on the left. Never had a broken bone! Can't wait for joint replacement.
    Been a vollie my entire "career". Caught my first ride in 1980. Learned on a 15-minute Scot-air. First firecoat was purchased for $1 from the Rock Island Arsenal. First fire was a brush fire. Managed to pull a roll of snow fence into the fire. First experience with the long pike pole. Noted weakness with hand tools. ISO Class 8 when I started; currently a Class 6. Made TO in '82. Made Chief in '88. Papered at Level II firefighter, hazmat, confined space, trench, vehicle extrication, dot, dot, dot. President of Western Illinois Firefighters Association, member of Illinois Fire Chief's Association, Illinois Association of Fire Protection District and am also a juvey firesetter counselor. Ain't no thang! My day job is as a safety director for a warehousing/logistics company.
    With that said, I would like to withdraw my name as VP, nominate Mongo and run for the Midwest region representative. I will bring the cigars.
    What do you think? Is it do-able?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MembersZone Subscriber

It just occurred to me that someone is missing.
    Where is BucksEngine91?
    I suggest that maybe a Board of Trustees or Board of Directors be established. Crust is a must!
    IACOJ and damned proud of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am honored beyond words to be allowed into such an illustrious group. Do I need to submit my resume here?

ChiefReason
    I second the nomination for Mongo. And your's as well

Mongo

If you are the VP, I would not ask you to dry but I certainly would not turn down the help!

I will put together our first dinner and post the menu.

Nominations:

Prez- Capt Gonzo
    VP- Chief Reason
    Secratary- Mongofire_99
    Sgt. at Arms- Motown88

Head Chef-superchef (very important job here I think we need to make this an official position)

I have to give a special thanks to Chief Reason, no I didn't throw in the towel. I think you should run for VP.

Super chef- Keep it warm, well be back from the 3 alarm in an hour (we dont waste time)
    Last edited by ggtruckie; 05-04-2002 at 12:33 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Gentleman,

I come before you with the following humble request:

There are a few duties that need to be addressed such as, the drying of the dishes after SuperChef's meals, the cleaning of the crustie station, and the meeting hall after the meetings, the throwing away of the empty and discarded Guinness cans, sweeping the floors and carring the water hammer to all alarms.

While I have no formal resume, I did just graduate from the academy and feel that I would be the best cantidate to fill the Rookie postion.

Thank you for your time

Proud member of the IACOJ
    ftm-ptb-egh
    *** These are my opinions, they do not in any way reflect those of my department.***

Forum Member

The IACOJ needs to have a Cabinet of advisors...

I hereby nominate Brother Mongo as the Secretary of Tradition and Common Sense and Superchef as the Secretrary of Food, Motown 88 as the Secretary of Guinness and other liquid refreshment. We haven't heard from BucksEngine91 in a while, but since he is an executive in a trucking company (or is that truck company? ) and has good business sense, I will nominate him for Secretary of the Treasury. Other nominations are in order....

I think this is getting really big, we'll have to set up districts by region. I propose the following regions for the IACOJ

Northeast region
    Mid-Atlantic region
    Southern region
    Southwestern region
    Northwestern region
    Midwest region

Comments? Questions?

PS: we need someone with a law enforcement background to head the BMI...the Bureau of Mutt Investigation!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 05-04-2002 at 09:44 AM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Well I guess I'll add my 2 1/2 cents. I get to pay less than a Capt.

President- Capt. Gonzo
    Excellent writer and capable of putting others in their place when needed.

V.P.- Mongo
    Because of his change from a liberal bonehead (enlightenment). Well deserved credit as a mentor.

Sec.- Chief Reason
    A resonable individual and someone with common sense.

Sgt. at Arms- MOTOWN88
    Have to pick at least one homey. May not be as old and crusty as the rest of us but working in Detroit will accelerate those qualities.

After reading some of the resumes, It's sad to learn that I'm older than the rest (real bummer) and I guess I'm a little crusty after almost 30 years in this ghetto.

Mongo,
    I didn't do it, I know nothing about it and besides it's the captains fault, I swear it.
    Last edited by FireLt1951; 05-04-2002 at 10:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... Last

Thread Information