A fire officer from California wrote asking for information on how to effectively deal with Saturn vehicle crash emergencies. Ironically, the June 2002 edition of the University of Extrication begins a three-part series on dealing with Saturn vehicles in crashes. Part 1 presents their unique features such as the polymer body side panels, the steel spaceframe, the third door on the coupe, and the Head Curtain airbag. Part 2(July) is filled with images of real-world crashes involving Saturns. Wait till you see the one T-bone crash! It is impressive how the Saturn tore apart when struck by an SUV. Included in Part 1 and Part 2 are 14 full-color images.

Part 3(August) discusses the unique features of the Saturn VUE( their new SUV) and the 2003 ION Quad Coupe (a 4-door car with both rear doors being rear hinged, rear-opening. It will be available late Fall of 2002.

Anybody have any real-world crash images you'd like to have included in this series? Now is the time to let me see what you've got. We could put together a real nice Part 4 with nothing but crash shot after crash shot from the stuff you all submit.

Let me know if you've got a good photo or two to have me review.

Ron Moore
Rmoore@firehouse.com