Thread: Bunks

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default Bunks

You know, it never fails. The one time you really need a decent night's rest there is always one guy in the bunk room that is snoring like a train. I mean, I was really thinking about putting an OPA in this guys airway to get his *** to shut up. One of the other guys just pulled his bed from under him. It was so loud we were turning the AC on to drown him out, but once you hit 67 on the AC, you have to put an end to the noise. Ahhh, next time I'll just sleep in the freaking rescue truck!

Ok, I'm done bitching.

Default Snoring

Truck 61,
    I've been told I snore (dont believe it) but I try to hit the sack last. If they stay up beyond whats reasonable then all bets are off. But when you get upbetween 6 and 15 times a night (over a14 hour shift) does it really matter?
    On the funny side they tell me i pick up towards winter when the fire wood is in more demand (the old chainsaw joke).regards Mav

Temporarily/No Longer Active

Haha, yeah, when you are up a lot it doesn't matter. The only thing was, we had to be up and out early because of a whole bunch of visitors to our station. Plus we have the community service people come and clean our station.

See, I have to have it cold and dark, but a lot of the other guys like to sleep with a little light on. I can understand, because at night, you can't even find the beds it is so dark. You learn quick to call a bed before the lights go out after the first time you sit on another guy.

Default bunks/sleep/snore/noise

I've been in the same bunk in the same bunk room on my shift 12 of 13 years, I typically am last man in,Have been accused of running "trench cuts on the roof all night" when I never even went in the room!! lol
    I have a personal sized fan (7 inch diameter) that's cheep enough to make some workable white noise, as well as when the AC craps out (every year) its actually possible to sleep....
    We have guys with anti snoring machines that sound as loud as any snoring ( they sound like a fish tank pump ready to blow up)....I recall one overtime shift @ HQ I worked I slept between the two most notorious snorers on my job, and rested wonderfully.... I recall they sorta had a "blue danube rythem" between the pair.... honestly I was acccused of being one of them ...just cause I was able sleep... lol...

typically Whichever company I am on, is the one that runs all nite, so I dont worry about it much...I typically get about 2 hours a night at work, no matter what I try...

Thread Information