Thread: In light of comments made....
05-04-2002, 03:19 PM #1
In light of comments made....
This is not directly related to 9/11, but due to recent comments that have been made by certain people about the events of 9/11, and about the IAFF using the image of FF raising the flag I thought this was a good place to put it. You'll understand at the end, just read through it, you don't actually have to answer the questions.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, very few of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones
with the most credentials, the most money, the most awards, or who make the most noise.
They are the ones that care, people who take the time to give something of themselves to make someone elses life better. The hero's of 9/11 will ALWAYS be remembered, regardless of how some people attempt to tarnish their memory. Just as each time one of you hands someone a photo that was saved from their buring home, extricate someone from a car, opens a stuck elevator to get out a trapped elderly person, take a probie under your wing, etc. The difference is in what you DO, not necessarily what you SAY.
Last edited by Temptaker; 05-04-2002 at 03:22 PM.
05-04-2002, 07:57 PM #2
However in saying...we carry out the message of doing...and in doing we learn by hearing what is said.
05-04-2002, 08:45 PM #3
I agree with you. I only mentioned to the do and say thing because of the so called 'joke' by Josamma Rin Laden... sorry couldn't help myself. She will be long gone and forgotten, while the heros of 9/11 will be with us always, in our hearts, minds and prayers. Children in school 50 years from now will learn about the terrorist attack, and the great loss suffered by the fire service and the public, but no one will remember the completely heartless insensitive comments that have been made. They are and will be hero's forever, nothing anyone says can change that.
05-05-2002, 04:04 PM #4
Great Post Temptaker09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
"Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.
05-05-2002, 08:47 PM #5
- Join Date
- Jan 1999
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)