Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation Boston 9 alarm fire

Boston Ma, 9 alarms were sounded for a fire in a 300+ ft long 2.5 story vacant building on the grounds of the Charlestown Navey Yard over 25 engines and dozen ladders were called to the scene with mutual aid from Chelsea and Cambridge to the fire while Malden Quincy and other cities covered stations. One police officer and two firefighters did suffer injuries and were transported. In all it took 8 ladderpipes 2 towers and 7 deck guns to bring the fire under control.

Forum Member

Default Update

Update: The building was 1200 feet long by 60 feet wide. It was a mostly concrete structure with a metal clad slat roof which made it hard for firefighters to fight. At least two firefighters were injured with the extent of the injuries unknown but believed to be non-life threatening. all companies were ordered out of the building early and went to an exterior defencive attack. Extra apparatus was called in incase the fire spread to other building on the Naval Grounds however it did not. Companies will be working the scenen all night douseing hot spots. The arson squad was called in to investigate the cause.

MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

Default Knocked the hell out of it!

I live 45 minutes south of Boston, heard the fire from the start and headed up that way. I have been to fires that required fewer alarms to bring under control and saw more than I did today. All I saw was a few whisps of smoke. As usual, one hell of a job done by the BFD.

Thread Information