Like Tree29Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

HI all ................been WAY WAY to busy here...............is ROok in here ?> I do miss her so ..............anyone ? I will take a Bud Light or Labbat Blue.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Well. Truck is still in the shop. Seems that when I ordered the new wheel cylinders for the rear brakes the "person" at the Parts Counter misunderstood the English and ordered the wrong size. The cylinders I got are too small, and not the correct design either. Apparently the screw hole for the brake line is angled 30* and off center, so we are awaiting parts to come in from Manassass. Also the price just went up 30$ for each side too, because of that.

How hard can it be to order parts for a 1974 Jeep THREE QUARTER TON pick up? Especially when parts for a 1980 Wagoneer and most Ford parts (the engine is Ford) will fit too. Oh wait. I can answer that question. You have to be older than 30 to know that.................. It wasnt the mechanics fault, he was just trying to install the parts I bought, on good faith. He has ordered the correct parts.

RHVFD, you are correct too. Paying 75.00/hr for a mech is a lot cheaper than the insurance.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 01-28-2008 at 07:57 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

In my most twangy southern style voice.. "Well, thar's yer problum rite thar!!"

That 30 year old jeep was manufactured by AMC, with stands for "All My Cash." I'm pretty sure the rear axle and brake backing plates would be an AMC design, even though the engine may be Ford. AMC's are cool, but sometimes aggrevating. I probably would have honed the cylinders and changed the rubber cups to get it back together, if the rust demons hadn't eaten it up. I hope for your sake, the Angry Mad Child has power steering, and it never goes out... Good thing about that Jeep, most folks will avoid parking beside it, or tailgating it, and many will try to stay out of the front of it.
    I love old trucks.. I have my own project, 1976 Dodge, with a 327 Chevy engine swapped in.. Easy swap, that came about by having too many parts lying around, and time to think.. Try going to a chain-store parts place and buy some spark plugs for that, then, after you get the plugs for that 66 Impala, go outside, and put them in the engine of that Dodge.. It used to have a Ford Motorcraft carbueretor, at least until that time it hung the throttle wide open...(auto transmission from a 1978 Buick Regal, driveshaft from mid '60s chevy truck) My next project for the truck will be a front suspension rebuild, one of these days.. Until then, it has been retired to the car shed. I hope to add air conditioning to it as well... There is a lot of room under the hood to work, unlike the newer vehicles....
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber

'74 Jeep, J20, 360 under the hood with a 2150 Ford carb, Dana 35's up front and 60's in the rear. Smitty's underneath, but they are getting a bit worn out... So ya, not too many folks like to be close on the highway. And if they wont give way, a tap on the throttle usually gets me passage. However, trying to WHOOAA that thing up when the rear brakes aren't up to snuff.... well thats another matter, which is being taken care of as I type this. And of course that o'le 360 needs time to warm up all 8 cyls before I can go anywhere if its at or near freezing.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

That Dana 60 might accidentally have the same drum system as my ole Dodge.. I better go outside and check the pedal to make sure no parts are missing... But then again, 3/4 ton might be a tad bigger..

I'm pretty sure that you have electronic ignition, at least I hope so! If not, that'd help the cold starts a bit. As would a good old fashioned block heater and tons of extension cords.

I've got 3inch glass packs on a 2 1/4 true dual exhaust for the passing effect. They exit on the passenger side in the stock location, so they are pleasant to the driver..

How funny is it that I've got tons of digital pictures on my computer, but none of my old pickup. I do have some paper pics, of it in original paint, then a few during the years after all the playing around.. (motor rebuilds, painting, motor swaps, and daily driver status for a while..)

I can honestly say that I still have my same vehicle that I drove to High School (class of '92) and college. It got louder, faster, and changed colors, but it is still the same dependable truck.(stubborn but dependable.) I'd love to restore it completely, but it will always be a work in progress.
    Last edited by rhvfd1214; 01-28-2008 at 01:01 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

See Ice Fishing Post:

heeheheheheheheehe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Malahat, did you go to that same parts place as before? If so, I'm surprised you haven't given them a lit stick of tnt!

Rhvfd, you want anything in that Coke?

Here's your Bud Light Weruj1, glad you could pop in.

Has anyone seen Calgary or French?

*pours Jack for self* Now that's a better end to the day!

Forum Member

Hot chocolate please.

I am sick of shoveling and plowing snow.
    Hello. Fire dept.. You light'em, We fight'em!

"hard working, gear jamming, nail driving, "jake". "

IACOJ
    4-16-2010 "On the approach"

MembersZone Subscriber

Ya, 'Cat, I use that store fairly frequently. This isn't the first time I've had problems with getting the wrong parts, but generally I'm learning how to phrase my questions. Unfortunately, the guy I spoke with last time was "recommended" by the Jeep dealer parts guy. Also, I made the mistake of not looking closely at the original parts, AND not consulting with another friend of mine who has a 1982 J20. My bad there.

Forum Member

Think I'll have some hot tea and then I'm heading for home and SLEEP!

Forum Member

I wish I could have some liquid pain killer but....gotta settle for Tylenol 3 for at least the next couple of days. PBBTTT...got a couple of cracked ribs from work. Some hot cocoa would be nice tho....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    I wish I could have some liquid pain killer but....gotta settle for Tylenol 3 for at least the next couple of days. PBBTTT...got a couple of cracked ribs from work. Some hot cocoa would be nice tho....
    OUCH! Hope you recover well.

As for me, a Killian's or a Black and Tan would be great!
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    Cats don't always land on their feet?? Ouch! Hope you can manage to keep the pain to a minimum.. I've pulled some muscles around the rib cage, and anything that hurts while breathing is way beyond aggrevating... Just remember to fish through the pain.....

Forum Member

Hi y'all. Hot cocoa again please, with marshmellows? *sigh*

Thanks, fyrmnk and rhvfd....and kitty was already on her feet...but so was the SR who went from standing still to full charge in 3 paces. Unfortunately, I was between him and up against the door he wanted out of and had no room to move anywhere. His fist + my breast bone = OW. Oh well, I know the risks of the job.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, hope you heal well. Glad you came out okay, could have been much worse. Stay safe.
    FTM-PTB-RFB
    IACOJ

Forum Member

Holler if y'all want anything from Outback 'cause that's where I'm heading.

Forum Member

Is the water free?

I just bought new tires for my truck. Rubber ain't cheap.

They look pretty though!!!!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Born 2002, lies dormant until 2004, still going strong in 2008! Well done little thread...

I'll have a stubby of dry cider thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by StayBack500FT View Post
    Over TWO YEARS to wait for a reply...now two in one day!!!

Poor little thread...all alone...

Soooo ma-ny nights...I'd sit by my window...waiting for someone...to sing me her song...then you came along!!! Yoooooouuu light up my liiiiife...

Only Stayback could have done something like this Too bad he's not around anymore. Hope all is well in his Neck 'O Da Woods.

Forum Member

Anyone tending the bar tonight? I wouldn't say no to a good single-malt scotch...and make sure it does more than just barely cover the bottom of the glass please.

Forum Member

Here's to everybody in AR, TN, MS, KY, and AL that are still dealing with the Tornados that passed through last night and this morning. (Holding up a cup of coffee...) It got rough around these parts, and looks like daylight is showing more and more damage. We were fortunate (around here) to only have lots of rain and some large hail, but others were not so lucky. I hope everybody in TN, (especially Memphis and Jackson,) is doing better this morning, it got rough up there with a tornado hitting around rush hour yesterday evening..

Forum Member

Thanks for the well-wishing! (You too, Rick) We still have a lot of standing water here in East TN, a good deal of wind-blown debris (and the wind is still fairly strong), but the sun is now out and things are looking better. Wonder what the night will bring tho...........

I think I'll have a drink before I head on home.........It's been a loooooooooong day.

Forum Member

*sniff* Nobody here? *sigh..............* G'night y'all. Stay safe!

Forum Member

I could go for a nice ice cold budwiser!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Lousy service here - WHERE'S MY CIDER!

Thread Information