Like Tree29Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

Someone pass me anything, I am not used to these 24 hr shifts, I take my hat off to you guys that do them all the time, 10/14's for me !

Forum Member

Rick, I know you prefer your Scotch so.....here's your's. You could probably use it about now!

rhvfd1214, the newtons are all yours...kitty would rather have a steak right now anyway.

volfirie...touch the drink, get clawwed (and yuck to the pineapple on pizza!)

Hey Doug and rhvfd? Thought you guys were bringing in some fish to fry up?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post

Hey Doug and rhvfd? Thought you guys were bringing in some fish to fry up?
    I made the mistake of looking at the bag holding the voodoo doll, and as a result, I had several missed strikes. Unfortunately, no fish for me on Saturday.

Steak sounds good for breakfast this morning.. My weekend project, outside of fishing, has been to wire up my shed for electricity. After working until 10 p.m. last night, I took a hot bath and went to bed. Then I spent the rest of the night pulling wires through conduit in my sleep. I need COFFEE.

Of course, before bed, I did watch the final day coverage of the Bassmasters Classic in South Carolina.. Congrats to Alton Jones. Nice sack of fish.
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Forum Member

Just popped in to say hi y'all! Gotta hit the hay early tonight since I was told to report in to work ALMOST 2 HOURS EARLY tomorrow. Oh well..... it's overtime..............

Forum Member

Talking

Moonshine please........If not how about some Jack.......Double please.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

Alright, Alright... Who left the peanut shells on the pool table???

Hand me the mini vacuum, I'll clean them up..

Could I get a cup of coffee? Hey, I like the new neon lights! I didn't know Folgers made pub signs.. I brought a box of donuts to share. They didn't have the ones with sprinkles ready yet, so I got the fresh/hot chocolate glazed ones.

It's quiet in here in the mornings.. I guess I'll sit back and read the newspaper..

Forum Member

Folgers is brewing...I'm also heating up some homemade chicken soup...if you slosh it, you clean it up!

And twasn't me....I have more respect for pool tables than to eat peanuts on them!

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

And twasn't me....I have more respect for pool tables than to eat peanuts on them!

HOLD ON! Doesn't that help make the stock for soup? Or was that crackers in bed??? Errrr...uummm.. wait..... never mind heheheheehehe
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

deleted for oops

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    HOLD ON! Doesn't that help make the stock for soup? Or was that crackers in bed??? Errrr...uummm.. wait..... never mind heheheheehehe
    I don't know where you eat your crackers, Rick, or what you put in the stock pot but.....peanut (and their shells) belong out on the front porch!

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm sorry Ma'm. I can not answer those questions on account of my mouth being full of cracker.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

I'm sorry Ma'm. I can not answer those questions on account of my mouth being full of cracker.
    So you're saying you're all crack(er)ed up?

Forum Member

Good Morning.. (grumbling to myself..) I can't wait until the "time change." Woke up this a.m. around 4:30, no alarm, no reason.

Looks like another cool, damp Friday. I've got the weekend off from tournament fishing, so I might actually get out and do some fishing on some new waters.

Tonight is the big "Preferred Rewards Customer" sale at Bass Pro in Memphis. I guess I will ride up that way and check it out. Nothing like a road trip...

Forum Member

Wow, nobody around here?? I figured it would have been a busy weekend. I just spent a little chunk of change at the Bass Pro Shops, $475.04. So, after that damage, I will be the new part time server here. Who needs a refill?? I work for tips, and please, wipe your feet at the door.. On the bright side, I have a new battery charger on my boat. (and a new rod, reel, several spools of line, half a dozen crankbaits, several packs of soft plastic baits, some new shoes, a few weights, some spinnerbaits, no more left kidney, and I think I signed away the birthrights to my first born.) All in all, I guess it was a good quick road trip..

Forum Member

they are building one of those here too ..................I am in ...............kneee deep in Coors Light !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Hey bar-keep, I got an order for a half dozen silver bullets for my customer over here! Don't be slow, I need the tips! Visa don't take IOU's for very long.. Weruj1, would you like some peanuts, fresh from the jar with no air time in the bowl.. I don't know much about waitressing, but I'm trying my best. Fishing isn't free, so I'll do what I gotta do..

On the bright side, I tested some of the things I bought Friday, and I am pleased with how they worked.

Has anybody seen a broom? When was the last time somebody swept up around here? What I really need is a vacuum cleaner.... When everybody leaves, I'll vacuum the floors. I guess I could restock the bathrooms with paper.. Does anybody have their airpack handy for a quick test?? Might need that in the Men's room. I hate going in there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey. Heading down to Norfolk on the weekend to give a presentation on Monday. BoxAlarm make a suggestion for a stop in Richmond, and I'm going to do that, but any thoughts/ideas for a good place to eat in Norfolk? Also thinking of heading down into Nags Head on Sunday, since its only about 75 miles more. So again, any suggestions on where is good to stop for a beer 'n chow?

Until then, I'll take a Guinness with a shot of Lagavulin on the side please.

Forum Member

I've been working my @$$ off for the last 3 days, no 'puter time, so that's why the floors didn't get swept.

rhvfd1214, yesterday, I saw a Triton that would make you drool, with a HUGE honkin' motor on the back. Here's your Oreos and milk.

Rick, here's your Guinness with a shot of Lagavulin and pbbttt about the Nag's Head thing.

Weruj, sure you don't want something stronger than the beer?

HEY! Who left the lid off the pretzels? There's a squirrel curled up in the can now!

Forum Member

I've been working my @$$ off for the last 3 days, no 'puter time, so that's why the floors didn't get swept.

rhvfd1214, yesterday, I saw a Triton that would make you drool, with a HUGE honkin' motor on the back. Here's your Oreos and milk.

Rick, here's your Guinness with a shot of Lagavulin and pbbttt about the Nag's Head thing.

Weruj, sure you don't want something stronger than the beer?

HEY! Who left the lid off the pretzels? There's a squirrel curled up in the can now!
    So that's where that squirrel went! For a minute there I had delusions of being a cat and chased a squirrel into here. Then it vanished. I think I need another drink. Or perhaps a coffee.
    It's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

Stay safe

MembersZone Subscriber

You got nuts? I got chocolate, for the ladies at least.....

http://www.rogerschocolates.com/prod...category_id=12

Forum Member

You got nuts? I got chocolate, for the ladies at least.....

http://www.rogerschocolates.com/prod...category_id=12
    You know my tastes when it comes to chocolate! I think the nuts are safe from the squirrel.

MembersZone Subscriber

You know my tastes when it comes to chocolate! I think the nuts are safe from the squirrel.
    Ahhh... but you see. You've never tried Rogers Chocolate. I can say that with total and absolute confidence, because other than ordering it online, you will only get it if you have been to Victoria, because there is only one distributer, and they make the chocolate right there in the store (or they used to anyhow.)

Forum Member

I must say that if I weren't satisfied with my Triton, I would probably be drooling over another one. My interest are now on the toys that go on the boat. I would love to have one of the new "Side-Imaging" sonars. Of course, I would love to try out one of the new 175XS Mercury engines and compare it to my 175 EFI's performance. I will, however, salivate at the thought of a 2008 Duramax Diesel Chevy 2500 extended cab truck.. I've been trying to decide what color best matches my boat...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rhvfd1214; 03-05-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    I must say that if I weren't satisfied with my Triton, I would probably be drooling over another one. My interest are now on the toys that go on the boat. I would love to have one of the new "Side-Imaging" sonars. Of course, I would love to try out one of the new 175XS Mercury engines and compare it to my 175 EFI's performance. I will, however, salivate at the thought of a 2008 Duramax Diesel Chevy 2500 extended cab truck.. I've been trying to decide what color best matches my boat...
    Aw, 1214, why would you want a Chevy?

Forum Member

BTW...somebody else can tend bar tonight. I'm just gonna sit here with a bottle of Glen Morangie. Touch it and get clawed.

Thread Information