Like Tree30Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by volfirie View Post
    Here we go, another drunken kitten at the bar!

A Drambuie for me please - before you get too plastered to pour...
    Hmmmm that would be a nice change of taste But I guess I'll stick to the Negra Modelo for now (that would be a dark beer from Mexico for you "Out-Of-Townies") Besides, I wont get quite so "wobbly" on the beer - helping a friend move in today/this weekend.

**Note to Self: Next time you want to be a "Good Guy" and help out - grab another beer and stuff it in your face, lest you speak out of turn.... (just kidding ehehehehee - I'd do it all again..... I am sure)
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 03-29-2008 at 10:10 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

I'm in a mellow mood today, I think I'll take some Old South Muscadine Wine, from Natchez, MS.. It goes well with breathing.. I'm thinking I want the sweet red... Perhaps an order of fried catfish strips on the side.
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

Forum Member

Red face

It is starting to bother me that at night, now when I go to sleep, I keep developing additional story lines for the "once upon a time" thread. In my mind's eye, I've got this unlikely soap opera developing around the main characters, and it keeps going like the Energizer Bunny. Go figure...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    It is starting to bother me that at night, now when I go to sleep, I keep developing additional story lines for the "once upon a time" thread. In my mind's eye, I've got this unlikely soap opera developing around the main characters, and it keeps going like the Energizer Bunny. Go figure...
    Sounds like you need something stronger than the Muscadine wine to help you stop thinking about story lines.

Forum Member

yeah, I know.. No more Little Debbie snacks before bedtime....

Forum Member

I've aparantly got way too much time on my hands lately. I'm in the process of looking for a new day job. I'm thinking about writing a story book. I might even try to have the story idea submitted to one of those Japanese Computer Animated Cartoons.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've aparantly got way too much time on my hands lately. I'm in the process of looking for a new day job. I'm thinking about writing a story book. I might even try to have the story idea submitted to one of those Japanese Computer Animated Cartoons.

Ummm ... errr... aaahh.. you will of course change the names so as to protect the (not quite so) "innocent", right?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

Here we go, another drunken kitten at the bar!

A Drambuie for me please - before you get too plastered to pour...
    Oops! Here's your Drambuie.....better late than never

And since it's cold and raining cats and dogs, I think I'll just go with making a fresh pot of hot coffee. 1214! get out of the oreos!

Forum Member

Since it's so cold, I'll have a latte please - latte laced with Drambuie. Mmm - magic on a cold day when you've just got off the bike!. Yes I know, all the purists have just had a collective fit...

Oops - my manners are slipping, I forgot to say 'thanks'. So, thanks for the drink. But I never did get my cider...
    Last edited by volfirie; 04-03-2008 at 08:20 PM.
    "Professional" means your attitude to the job...

Nullus Anxietas ..... (T Pratchett)

Forum Member

MMMMMM... Hot Coffee, and Oreos! Breakfast of Champions!!

MembersZone Subscriber

MMMMMM... Hot Coffee, and Oreos! Breakfast of Champions!!
    NO NO NO. You've got it all wrong. A coke, two Mars bars and a bag of Doritos. THATS the breakfast of Champions. (with either a Molson Canadian or Scotch chaser to get the "fuzz" off the teeth.) heeheheheheheehe

Forum Member

Doritos for Breakfast? Wouldn't that leave an orange glow on your teeth all day? Of course, that means you would need plenty of mouthwash, which might be the point! Shaken, not stirred..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    NO NO NO. You've got it all wrong. A coke, two Mars bars and a bag of Doritos. THATS the breakfast of Champions. (with either a Molson Canadian or Scotch chaser to get the "fuzz" off the teeth.) heeheheheheheehe
    Ya both got it wrong! The TRUE breakfast of champions is beefaroni, sweet tea and chocolate pudding!!!

and here's a cider on the house, Vol

1214, do you mind tending bar the rest of the evening? I've gotta go home and study and do these stupid homework assignments.

Forum Member

Bartending isn't my strong suit, but since I am currently looking for a job, I'll try it! Just don't expect me to get up and dance like those Coyote Ugly girls, or flip and spin bottles like Tom Cruise in that movie. Now, if you need a shot of whiskey, or a cold beer, name your poision, I've got that covered.. If anybody needs me, I'll be in the corner with the help wanted ads and a bowl of Jelly Beans..

Forum Member

Mmmm - that cider went down a treat. Thanks Cat.

Forum Member

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turns out it was a closed-book test but I still got a 96 (only 2 of us got that high grade, all else lower and 3 flunks) and now..............
    drinks on me, y'all!!!!!

Forum Member

Sweet! Good on ya Cat! I'll have a single malt thanks...

Funny though, 'closed book'? There are always people at our assessments asking if it's an 'open book'. How can fighting be open book? Some jobs, certainly, for instance computer programing. Got a problem? Find the right book and look up the answer - normal practice. But firefighting? When is there time on the firegrround to go to the library?

MembersZone Subscriber

When is there time on the firegrround to go to the library?
    Thats what the guy in the white hat with the green vest that reads "Chief" on it is for. I always thought they were "walking encyclopedias" heeheheheeheehee

Forum Member

Sweet! Good on ya Cat! I'll have a single malt thanks...

Funny though, 'closed book'? There are always people at our assessments asking if it's an 'open book'. How can fighting be open book? Some jobs, certainly, for instance computer programing. Got a problem? Find the right book and look up the answer - normal practice. But firefighting? When is there time on the firegrround to go to the library?
    We were told originally that it would be an open-book test since it was only a 2 day med class but....SURPRISE! I found out today that a full 1/3 of the class flunked the practical! That was the easiest part! What did all but 1 forget to do? Clean and prep the area the meds are being applied to!

Maybe tonight, I can drink enough to unwind and actually get some sleep. (And maybe I'll even try to eat supper tonight ).

Forum Member

That's the way to do it Cat, eat drink and be merry!

MembersZone Subscriber

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally, he decided the animal was old, and the well needed to be covered up anyway; it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well. He was astonished at what he saw. With each shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up.

Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and happily trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a steppingstone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up.

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

Free your heart from hatred - Forgive.

Free your mind from worries - Most never happen.

Live simply and appreciate what you have.

Give more.

Expect less

NOW ............

Enough of that crap . . . The donkey later came back, and bit the farmer who had tried to bury him. The gash from the bite got infected and the farmer eventually died in agony from septic shock.

MORAL FROM TODAY'S LESSON:

When you do something wrong, and try to cover your ***, it always comes back to bite you.

You have two choices...smile and close this page, or pass this along to someone else to spread the fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

I take it you're feeling better, Rick!

How about a scotch?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    I take it you're feeling better, Rick!

How about a scotch?
    Only marginally better - still easily run down, but yes, thank you that would be wonderful. Unfortunately none in the house so will have to settle for vodka/orange.

Forum Member

Just passed by and saw the lights still on in the pub. I'll take a nightcap of Gentleman Jack. It's almost 10 P.M. local time, and I have my alarm set for 3a.m. so I can get up and go fishing tomorrow. Ya'll wish me luck in the tournament!!! First place pays around $1000.

Forum Member

*sigh* The pub is getting an early start today. I don't care....I have to unwind....starting with Glenmorangie. Rick, figure you could do with a hot toddy?

1214, here's your Gent Jack. And good luck at the tournament!

Anyone else drinking early today?

Lunch/brunch/whatever is just going to be nibbles either in the fryer or the oven so.................

Thread Information