Like Tree30Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    I know it's a change from my usual but it's so hot out today, I think I'll have a pina colada (extra coconutty).
    Jack straight up.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Forum Member

A frozen strawberry margarita is good when it's hot outside.. Sort of like an adult slush puppy..
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Mmmm... slushies.... reminds me of the ones we used to get from the Junior Ranks Mess at Lidra Palace, Cyprus (our quarters for the 6 month tour). Vodka orange slushy was the best. Mixed in a pint mug......15 cents a shot... "Make mine a triple please." Gotta love duty free booze.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Mmmm... slushies.... reminds me of the ones we used to get from the Junior Ranks Mess at Lidra Palace, Cyprus (our quarters for the 6 month tour). Vodka orange slushy was the best. Mixed in a pint mug......15 cents a shot... "Make mine a triple please." Gotta love duty free booze.
    So that's what you were having last night!

MembersZone Subscriber

So that's what you were having last night!

Well now that you ask, the vodka is duty free from the Embassy....
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

With all of the talk and fear behind so called "Global Warming," Vodka slushies might be the next big thing that replaces the Jello Shooter craze. Sounds like a great reason to go chip away at the Artic Shelf before it melts... Make mine a grape!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmm... was kinda think'n of maybe a turn through the JD distillery maybe in a week or so... but it looks like its a bit too far out of my travel line this time. Wasn't planning on going quite that far west. Oh well. Just have to settle myself with a visit to the Smokey Mountains and Knoxville this time.

Was sorta wondering of JD tastes any better straight out of the barrel, rather than what comes out of the bottle after a long transport, because generally speaking, I don't really care for the stuff. But then others don't like my preference for the Scotch that I drink, so I guess disagreement of flavour is equitable.

Forum Member

Unless you just want to get drunk, or you prefer to mix your Whiskey with other ingredients, I would stray away from the Old No. 7 on it's own. If you prefer sipping whiskey straight, then spend your dollars wisely on the Gentleman Jack. It is amazing what a few extra years of charred Oak will do for flavor. I still support Jim Beam Black over it, but the Gentleman Jack has been nice to me.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hmmm.. see now that's what import/export does for a product. Never heard of "Gentleman Jack", but ya VERY familiar with No 7...... so is my head and so is my stomach heeheheee.

And no. I don't really like mixing whiskey with much of anything; sometimes mabye a bit of water or 7UP, depending on what it is, but mostly nothing but an ice cube or two. IF that. Although been known to mix Grand Marnier with ice... till we ran out of "mix" about 1/2 way through the 60 "pounder" LOL

Forum Member

Sometimes, I can just about bring myself to the verge of the dry-heaves thinking about drinking the No. 7 straight. Head and belly problems, no doubt. The Gentleman Jack is twice mellowed in the Charred Oak barrels, and it isn't a blended whiskey. It comes from single barrels, not mixed and blended from several at a time. Well worth the extra expense. For those who do not understand flavors of liqours, then it won't matter, but if you like to savour the taste, much like fine wine, then the older whiskeys and bourbons will be more tasty and the flavor will be a mellow one without the "bite" of a lessor blend. I won't talk bad of the Gentleman Jack, or Jack Daniels, I just prefer the flavor of Jim Beam Black, which has a similar distilling method as the Gentleman Jack. 8 years in a new charred oak barrel.

Now, I'm thirsty..

Forum Member

I think a trip to the Tn Valley Winery in Sweetwater might be worthwhile too.

Just have to settle myself with a visit to the Smokey Mountains and Knoxville this time.

MembersZone Subscriber

That sounds like a kuuull idea. Never actually been to a winery, as a visitor.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Never actually been to a winery, as a visitor.
    Yeah, I have that problem, too. I went for a visit to a winery in Texas, but somehow they managed to turn me into a customer. Spent over $200. I don't even drink wine, normally... The $5 tasting session may have impaired my judgement. $5 to try each wine, about a shot glass worth, and 9 flavors.. That was about 5 years ago, and I still have a few bottles left. French Colombard, anyone?

Forum Member

At the moment, I don't want any frosties or wine. I want Scotch and some dark chocolate!

MembersZone Subscriber

At the moment, I don't want any frosties or wine. I want Scotch and some dark chocolate!
    Got off early again did you?

Forum Member

Will Rick make it past 10,000 post before the end of the year?? Stay tuned to find out...

Scotch and a box of Oreos coming up..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post

Scotch and a box of Oreos coming up..
    *Oreos? cringe* thanks 1214 but my chocolate is hidden back in the fridge. Just a square of it and a good tot of Glen Morangie and I'll be in better form.

What do you think about taking out the pool table and putting in dart boards? Or maybe having a poker night? Think that would bring in some faces?

Forum Member

Would you really want to be in a room with all of these folks holding sharp objects that they can fling throught the air!?!?!?

MembersZone Subscriber

Would you really want to be in a room with all of these folks holding sharp objects that they can fling throught the air!?!?!?
    Heck, we trust each other with heavy tools, large and small diameter hose, with pressures in excess of 100psi flowing through them... why not small sharp objects too? LOL

Forum Member

The small sharp objects don't come with PPE. Besides, I suck at throwing darts. Pool tables have been good to me, I've never stuck a billard ball into a closet door, or broke one in half, either. The same can't be said for darts. (I say this, having broken a set of $100+ custom competition darts that my cousin had, trying to show me how to play.)

Forum Member

Does anyone want to get back to the original post??

Can anyone rememberthe original post?

My Lt and one of my crew found a good pub on saturday, Flannigans.

I think I got home at 0500 that morning!

OK, resume the brilliant hijacking!!!
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Forum Member

The small sharp objects don't come with PPE. Besides, I suck at throwing darts. Pool tables have been good to me, I've never stuck a billard ball into a closet door, or broke one in half, either. The same can't be said for darts. (I say this, having broken a set of $100+ custom competition darts that my cousin had, trying to show me how to play.)
    Ah well, nix on the darts. Maybe a liquor fountain like at the Ice Hotel would bring folks in. I was watching something on the travel channel about that place and the lounge was fantastic! Just a miniature fountain, carved out of ice of course, with Absolut gushing up.

Forum Member

How about we put in our "Vodka Volcano" with a little food coloring in the Vodka, (or mix it with some fruit punch..) It could sit on the bar next to that picture of Hawaii. We could also put a Palm Tree (fake of course) that has a tap fitting in it with a hose leading to our Keg of Samuel Adams.

Advertise Luau night, with a Hula party.. We could hire a girl to wear coconuts and a grass skirt, and pass out leis at the door, for the ladies, we would hire a dark tanned "island boy" to walk around in a grass skirt, shirtless, while serving drinks.. It would be great!

It might be a little hard to cook a pig in the ground...

Forum Member

How about we put in our "Vodka Volcano" with a little food coloring in the Vodka, (or mix it with some fruit punch..) It could sit on the bar next to that picture of Hawaii. We could also put a Palm Tree (fake of course) that has a tap fitting in it with a hose leading to our Keg of Samuel Adams.

Advertise Luau night, with a Hula party.. We could hire a girl to wear coconuts and a grass skirt, and pass out leis at the door, for the ladies, we would hire a dark tanned "island boy" to walk around in a grass skirt, shirtless, while serving drinks.. It would be great!

It might be a little hard to cook a pig in the ground...

Just so long as there's no tiki torch fuel anywhere around!!

How about some watermellon shooters?

Forum Member

How about some watermellon shooters?

Is that what it's called now a days???

Thread Information