Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 251 FirstFirst ... 140190230237238239240241242243250 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 5007
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

  1. #4781
    Forum Member firecat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Betwixt here and there.
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    I'm mostly a rocker and don't care much for the 'old-style' country, altho I like some newer stuff, but I do like several of Dolly Parton's tunes.

    *pops AC/DC's "hells bells" into the juke*


  2. #4782
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    Yeah, Copy That.......... You get a chance, listen to Leona Williams' version of "I Never Go Around Mirrors".......... Outstanding.........
    Still trying to find it on youtube.It comes up in the search bar but then Justin Timberlake shows up in the results.Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Interrogative!
    But to tide the good folks here at the pub over,here's the version of "I don't Want to Get Over You(Wurlitzer Prize)" discussed earlier http://youtu.be/pU9hWiYjVTY

  3. #4783
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    I'm mostly a rocker and don't care much for the 'old-style' country, altho I like some newer stuff, but I do like several of Dolly Parton's tunes.

    *pops AC/DC's "hells bells" into the juke*
    "I liked country better when it was highly unattractive, when nobody could compete with Dolly Parton's wigs and her [CENSORED!] wuttin' this damn big!..."

    Tim Wilson has a comment about EVERYthing,doesn't he?
    Last edited by doughesson; 10-04-2011 at 10:12 AM.

  4. #4784
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Yeah.........

    Dolly Parton was Two of the biggest reasons that I liked Country Music........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  5. #4785
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    The next two rounds in this here tavern, I paying for!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  6. #4786
    Forum Member PaladinKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Hey Capt... did you come into some money... perhaps from a long lost uncle.

    You're sure throwing a bunch of money around buying everyone double rounds.

    We do appreciate it... but don't you think you should save a few bucks for your old age?


    Oh... I forgot... sorry about that 'old' comment.
    HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

  7. #4787
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinKnight View Post
    Hey Capt... did you come into some money... perhaps from a long lost uncle.

    You're sure throwing a bunch of money around buying everyone double rounds.

    We do appreciate it... but don't you think you should save a few bucks for your old age?


    Oh... I forgot... sorry about that 'old' comment.

    Yeah dug up another old coffee can in the back yard!

    Sure I'll buy double rounds. Then I'll sit back and drink the rounds other will buy.

    Old Age?? Why I'm not old, not do I have one foot in the grave and the other on banana peel! I buy and will host to my friends a few drinks. All I ask is that you don't get too loaded and do things that you will not remember the next day or be embarrass of.

    As far as the Ladies go, they can do what ever they want!

    No complaints from me!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  8. #4788
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Default

    Sitting quietly at a corner table, waiting for the rest of the Band to arrive......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  9. #4789
    Forum Member firecat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Betwixt here and there.
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    *unlocks door, turns on bar lamp and starts dusting off patrons sleeping it off from last night*

    Coffee'll be up in about 15, y'all.

  10. #4790
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    *unlocks door, turns on bar lamp and starts dusting off patrons sleeping it off from last night*

    Coffee'll be up in about 15, y'all.


    Banging me old coffee cup on the table for a fill!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  11. #4791
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Actual 911 call

    Dispatch:XYZ County Dispatch,what is your emergency?

    Caller:Yeah,I need to be let out of the Silver Bullet Bar.

    Dispatch:You're out SIDE of a bar and need to be let in,Sir?

    Caller:No.I am IN the bar and NEED to be let OUT.The sumbeach is closed & I gotta get home before the ol' lady finds out where I been.

    Dispatch(snorting back laughter):Sir?Am I to understand that you got locked inside the bar?

    Caller:Yeah.Now will someone come let me out?

    Dispatch:Yes,sir.I'm dispatching an officer right now to 123 Street.

    Caller:Okay.Tell 'em I'll be the man at the bar in the blue jeans and Harley Davidson t shirt.

  12. #4792
    Forum Member Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Actual 911 call

    Dispatch:XYZ County Dispatch,what is your emergency?

    Caller:Yeah,I need to be let out of the Silver Bullet Bar.

    Dispatch:You're out SIDE of a bar and need to be let in,Sir?

    Caller:No.I am IN the bar and NEED to be let OUT.The sumbeach is closed & I gotta get home before the ol' lady finds out where I been.

    Dispatch(snorting back laughter):Sir?Am I to understand that you got locked inside the bar?

    Caller:Yeah.Now will someone come let me out?

    Dispatch:Yes,sir.I'm dispatching an officer right now to 123 Street.

    Caller:Okay.Tell 'em I'll be the man at the bar in the blue jeans and Harley Davidson t shirt.
    What? no I was at the Doghouse Saloon not the Silver Bullet Bar.

  13. #4793
    55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....
    Posts
    10,739

    Talking Yeah.........

    There are times when which Bar you're at becomes irrelevant............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

    IACOJ Budget Analyst

    I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

    www.gdvfd18.com

  14. #4794
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Well,that last line sped up response from the owner.He remembered the guy as a heavy drinker and didn't want to lose too much profit on him being unsupervised behind the bar.

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Actual 911 call

    Dispatch:XYZ County Dispatch,what is your emergency?

    Caller:Yeah,I need to be let out of the Silver Bullet Bar.

    Dispatch:You're out SIDE of a bar and need to be let in,Sir?

    Caller:No.I am IN the bar and NEED to be let OUT.The sumbeach is closed & I gotta get home before the ol' lady finds out where I been.

    Dispatch(snorting back laughter):Sir?Am I to understand that you got locked inside the bar?

    Caller:Yeah.Now will someone come let me out?

    Dispatch:Yes,sir.I'm dispatching an officer right now to 123 Street.

    Caller:Okay.Tell 'em I'll be the man at the bar in the blue jeans and Harley Davidson t shirt.

  15. #4795
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Well,that last line sped up response from the owner.He remembered the guy as a heavy drinker and didn't want to lose too much profit on him being unsupervised behind the bar.
    That uuummm... wouldn't be anyone you might know, was it Doug?

  16. #4796
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Memphis Tn,USA-now
    Posts
    5,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    That uuummm... wouldn't be anyone you might know, was it Doug?
    On the advice of my legal counsel,I decline to respond as my answers may tend to incriminate myself.

  17. #4797
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,151

    Default

    ATTENTION!!


    Everyone leave the Pub NOW!!


    That is, all the males leave, the ladies can stay and contuine whatever they were doing!!
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  18. #4798
    Forum Member rhvfd1214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hamilton,MS USA
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    It was a bad idea to put a stripper pole in the middle of the room. The first time the bell rang at the cash register, half of the room piled onto to pole trying to slide downstairs.
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

  19. #4799
    Forum Member firecat1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Betwixt here and there.
    Posts
    3,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    it was a bad idea to put a stripper pole in the middle of the room. The first time the bell rang at the cash register, half of the room piled onto to pole trying to slide downstairs.
    pml!!!

  20. #4800
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,828

    Default

    "I think I have a few posts to make."

    She says, "With that much Absinthe in you.... are you sure you're in any shape do that?"

    "I can still walk, can't I?" LOL
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 10-14-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts