Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 253 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Looks like I've missed a nice party?? Never fails. Been working my butt off....Did my first shift (overnighter) and glad I had a tame call as an introduction (drunk, non-English speaker...so much for talking to the patient while you're holding C-spine). Don't know how ya'll get through the night sleeping...I was awake the whole time....then had to go to work...then class...then work....SLEEP, I need sleep. But I'll take a Granddad first! Need to check out your thread, Leuit and see how things are going with you on the home front.

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

I thought I was going to get a few days off, but apparently I thought wrong. I got off my 24, slept for a few hours then got called back in to the remaining part of 24. I have today off then have to go back for a 12 tomorrow. I have Friday off, then go for a 48.

We're having a big party on Friday night. Big pig roast. I'll furnish the pig, you guys will have to bring the rest of the stuff. Don't forget that it's customary to bring the host a bottle of wine. Scotch would be even better.

Rookie, you can spank me with a wet noodle any time. Sorry, you left yourself open for that one.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Talking

FF1219: You wouldn't know anything by looking at me.
    Sounds like your getting the shaft.

ROOKIELZ: let see.....The star f*cker was peach schnapps, jagermifter,sweet and sour, citron vodka, and pineapple; the Bull blaster was red bull and jagermifter.
    MMmmmmmmm.......... Tasty huh?

Engine58: Ok so your hooked on Guiness. You up for a race???? JK. But if you enjoy it that much go for an Irish car bomb. Those are great. Ever had one??? (Pint of Guiness with a side car of Baiyles, You drop the side car in and chug)

But whats one thing we need to remember???
    Beer B 4 Liquor never sicker Liquor befor beer your in the clear.......LOL
    Yah or just make sure to pace your self. I too forget that some times. Its just so easy.
    Rath De Ort

RSM

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

1219:

Glad to have you back Skywalker.
    Thanks for the reminder Rebekkerz; although I do have my trusty "lou" to take care of me. He's very good at it, too
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Thanks for the reminder rebekkerz, even though I'm the helpful guy around the bar, I still don't like to be yakked on
    Those shots sound great...pass me a few please!
    As for irish car bombs...the guiness is just too thick for me to chug down that fast...but I can do a min-bomb..(yeah I know..call me a lightweight or what you will)
    How are things up north in NH? We finally can see the ground down here in MA...mud season is here. I'll hopefully be taking my national registry medic test up there sometime in July.
    I hope you guys like the bar clean now...took me almost all night to get everything sparkling again...We should just replace the floor with some rubber matting so I can just hose verything down.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

MembersZone Subscriber Engine58's Avatar

Originally posted by Rebekkerz

Engine58: Ok so your hooked on Guiness. You up for a race???? JK. But if you enjoy it that much go for an Irish car bomb. Those are great. Ever had one??? (Pint of Guiness with a side car of Baiyles, You drop the side car in and chug)

But whats one thing we need to remember???
    Beer B 4 Liquor never sicker Liquor befor beer your in the clear.......LOL
    Yah or just make sure to pace your self. I too forget that some times. Its just so easy.
    Actually its funny you mentioned Irish Car Bombs because thats what got me started drinking Guinness last night lol...I did 3 Irish Car Bombs...2 in the beginning....went down great....3rd one later on in the night kinda was rough...but that was after wayy to many pints of Guinness...
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Originally posted by ROOKIELZ
    Glad to have you back Skywalker.
    C3PO, we need some WD40 for R2....he drank too much last night and is a bit rusty this morning. Need to get him back in shape for the weekend.

E58: I too have had a rough nights with car bombs. They are so good and so bad all at the same time....

LTEFDems: Yah mud season is upon us too. Im just glad the snow is going quickly. Wheres you medic exam out of? Rubber floor sounds like a good idea.

No prob on the reminder, I too forget osme times.
    Rath De Ort

RSM

I'm taking it in MA at Springfield College. But, since MA doesn't have anything to do with NR, we have to go to NH to take it. Not quite sure where in NH it is right now though. If it's close enough, maybe I'll take a side trip to Hampton Beach while I'm there...I was there in Sept for the seafood festival...nice place.
    Gotta put on my spring coat of wax on the Jeep so the mud will just fall right off
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

Default Drink?

Who's tending bar, anyway? Shall I go back behind the bar and grab my own? Need something before class. Now that everything's clean, I'm sure I can find my drink. Do we have a foosball table around here somewhere?

What would you like to drink skyraider? As for the foosball table...you know what mamma said...momma said foosball is the devil! (gotta love Adam Sandler)

I feel exotic tonight, so how about a concoction with mango and rum! You can experiment...tonight I'll try anything. No foosball? I know the dart board's somewhere. Nevermind, I think I'd rather just sit, watch you make the drink, and flirt. I'll buy a drink for the tall, funny guy at the end of the bar.

I'll buy a drink for the tall, funny guy at the end of the bar.
    That'd be me. Thanks, but I'll only except it if you sit on my lap. I'll make myself a crown and coke.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Psst, 1219, you weren't in the bar when I came in! My guess is you're not funny, just funny looking, eh? Besides, aren't you too busy with your strippers? What time's your pig roast tomorrow? Sounds like a great party! Enjoy your day off!

Excuse me, tall, funny man's just asked me to dance. "All [he] had to do was just a give me that wink." (Neal McCoy).

Does the funny looking guy behind the bar count?
    how's your drink skywalker? It was a last minute concoction by yours truly. I'll have a screwdriver with ya. The fooseball table should be here tomorrow...in the meantime...please don't hit me with darts...I hate pulling darts out of me
    Ok..I need to get out more...my social life is zero at the moment..

I've started the pig, and it's been burried out back to roast underground. We'll start around 2000 hrs. Anyone who comes has to bring something to eat with them. We can't just eat pig.

No skyraider; you can't be my date. I'm letting someone else hang on my arm tonight.

my social life is zero at the moment..
    Social life? What's that? All I do is work, go to church and hang around the house.

Move over Lou. I'm serving drinks tonight.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Leuit, thanks for the great concocted drinks! You've got great taste and wonderful imagination! I really needed a friendly, happy, hoppin' neighborhood bar last night...I was just in the mood. I agree with you with the social life thing right now...I'm even flirting with folks in my class to have a little fun (and they're only 19!....is that legal????)

1219, I enjoyed watching you try your antics on some of the babes last night. You're a hoot! I'm just a simple simon, probably not your type. I make mean baked beans w/ hamburger, how 'bout I bring them along to the porky pig roast? And since you're serving, can you pick up a bottle of Batida de Coco? I feel another exotic night coming on.

Calling Josh, Jorie, Rookie & Stan....where are you? Party starts at 2000hrs.

We've already got all the booze. Everything your little heart could desire is behind the bar. Some of it's locked up, some of it is not. Only I have the key.

By the way, this is my 800th post.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Keep 'em coming, 1219!

Ack! I need to get away from this place. It's been pouring all day. The pond is flooded and overflowing, and the road I live on is flooded in many places too. One of the major highways in my department's territory is flooded too; the river rose up over it. As much as I don't want to, I'm bracing myself for some water rescues. The nice people like to drive into the river when it rises over the road. Maybe I'll go catch the wood stork in the pond to keep my sanity.

Is anyone going to show up tonight or what? I guess it's just me and skyraider. "I am your father."
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Thread Information