Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 252 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

Default wow!

Someone is likely to have one whopper of a hang over tomorrow with one of each drink. But a nice thought for tonight.

Dems did you take a lap top with you? I figured you'd be in NY having a great time not sleeping by now?

I'm doing my usual for a Fri. night.

JoJo-Still here in MA...heading to NYC on Monday. I am going to bring my laptop with me though.
    I should be sleeping right now...Have to work at 0600...but me being the nocturnal person I am...Maybe a few drinks will help...
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

I am trying the few drinks thing myself. I have to be up at 0630. I actually have a job that requires me to clock in. Not my usual style, but sometimes you have to eat! Have a drink with me?

Sounds good, what're we drinking? I'm thinking some shots should knock us out, waddya think?
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

What was in those shots! Knocked me right out, but only for 4 hours. I've been up since and I start a new job today. It will be a very busy and long day. Oh well, I needed to do something besides play all the time. Just wish I could have started on more than 4 hours of sleep. Time to get moving or I'll be late. Not good for the first day. I will definatly want a tall cold something when I get home.

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

Hi folks:
    Stan, you've been a little quiet lately, not like you at all. Are you ok?

"Lou" that reminds me, I have a truck to wash. The dang thing keeps getting mysteriously dirty

Drinks....hmmmmmm...OK, I'm in. How about blue Daiquiris?
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

I'm back. Let's drink some beer.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Ok..long day today..a 12 hour shift with a nice 2 hour OT transfer to boot...I need a beer or 6. Maybe some shots too..Line 'em up...anyone interested in joining me? Woops..better change out of my uniform before I imbibe...

I saw the ultimate whacker-mobile on I-75 on the way home today. Older model Dodge Caravan, charcoal colored with heavy paint peeling. Looked like it had seen much better days. I couldn't tell what state the tag was from. It had a full-sized lightbar that was at least 20 years old on top of it. The bar wouldn't look good on anything. I could see the wires hanging down inside of the van. The van was stuffed with all kinds of crap and I gave the guy a big when I drove by him. I bet he would have liked it if I turned on my LEDs when I passed him. Probably would have been orgazmic for him. I wonder what his old lady (passenger seat) had to say about his whackerness.

How much whack could a whacker whack if a whacker could whack whack?
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Forum Member

I have been going strong since 4am. It is almost midnight and I am finally starting to wind down. I could use a drink. Shots alone doesn't sound so good so how about a manhantan or rusty nail. I took my new car out and introduced it to some of the country side. It's prom night in many areas. Was fun to see the girls in a town that the bigest place to eat is Dairy Queen. Well here I sit on a Sat. night. Oh well, just one drink before bed.

Well, last night for me to drink before I head down to the big apple. Someone please make sure I am out of the bar by 4:30am or so...I have to be at the college at 6 to take the bus down
    Who's up for some drinks and shots with me?
    So far we've been lucky around here...every other town besides Egremont has had brush fires...I'm sure they'll get nailed while I'm away. Washed and waxed our rescue vehicle today (suburban) Figured It'd be a nioce send off from the dept's medical LT for the rescue to be FULLY stocked (ongoing issue with some members of the dept) and clean...

No can do on the drinks; working tonight. Perhaps tomorrow after I get done with the Sheriff's funeral.

We've been running pretty steady for most of the day. Had some good calls, but hope it's all done for the night so I can get some rest. I'm #1 on the board for mandatory, so hopefully no one calls in tomorrow.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    Proud Member of IACOJ

Forum Member

Missed a time when I could have used a lot of shots. On that nice drive I went on last night I didn't only see prom kids. I had to stop and help at a nasty motor cycle accident. Two bikes collided. We were 60 miles out. One bike was broke in two. I won't go on. Just should have stayed on line last night to share a few. Guess who was there first? VFF's. Took sheriff and ambulance 17 min.'s longer to get there. I know I'm glad I'm trained to handle such things, but sometimes wish I could just hide inside and let others deal with things. Ok, I'm working on overload this week. Wouldn't suggest sitting next to me. The seat might blow up!

JoJo-I know how you feel...I'm referred to as the ***** magnet/grim reaper at the ambulance...I've gone on many bad calls like you had last night..most of them I was "off duty" (granted vols are never really off duty). Not only will I sit next to you...all your drinks are on me tonight, and I'll even drive ya home if you want.

Forum Member

Thanks for the offer. I'm sorry I went off like I did. I have to get off right now as I have a big time dressing down to go to on a case I never wanted. Save my seat. I will be back tonight. I hope before you take off. Don't worry, I'll be sure you drive me home in time to make your bus. TYF!

JoJo

double wammy huh? I'll have the drinks waiting for ya!

Forum Member

Thanks Dems! Just don't be surprised if I'm headless by the time I take the stool next to you!

I'll get the funnel ready so I can just pour them down your esophegus

Well guys and gals, I'm out...need to sleep before I go...Save my barstool for me..I'll be back on Sunday. Keep the place sane while I'm gone Hopefully I'll have some good pics to show you when I get back.
    Jeremy

Forum Member

Sorry I missed you Dems. Be safe. As for me it's not just my head that got kicked! I am already so numb that drinks probably won't even effect me. By the way, where's the bar tender? Anyone out there to talk with?

Thread Information