Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 252 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 5029
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Hey 1219...are we being to somber for you??? Sometimes you just need it. Pull up a stool!

Hey..what's a "quint?" I keep seeing it but don't know what it is. A ladder truck? If so, why do they call it quint?

a quint is a combo ladder/engine...it's supposed to replace 2 trucks with one...instead of having and engine co and a ladder co...you have a quint...but most times they are not staffed to do both jobs...if you do a search you'll find about just as many threads on quints as there are for "which light should I get for my POV", "Vol vs paid" etc...
    Quints...a good idea in theory for smaller depts..but like the elevator system in the hotel I stayed at...theory doesn't always translate to reality....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

Ok, I have been sick for 2 years now. I am finally feeling healthy. I have been through many health problems including heart, cancer and lung problems. I still have a condition that can rip the rug right out from under at any moment. But through it all I thought of people like Sky and Dems that have more to deal with. After all, I still can get out of bed. Through most of the worst I could still play one game of racquetball per day. But there are many who can't. So I don't feel like I have the need to complain. Well at least not some of the time. Thanks for sharing both of you. It really helps bring home the important things and that I truely am lucky. I think it is only my age that now makes me more aware of my own mortality.

As you said Dems enough of this chat! Let's bring on the drinks. But just a special thanks and toast to you both!

JoJo

So that's what a quint is!! You'd think I would have gathered that from the threads but sometimes I a bit slow! Thanks, Leuit.

JoJo...sorry to hear about your health issues. With all your racquetball, bowling and dancing I never would have thought!! Good for you to go out and fight. You've got a great personality and it really comes out great at the pub! Now if I can just figure out why you're stuck in a house with a ton of computers!

Forum Member

Hey Sky would you like one? They multiplied again last night!

I have a question for all of you!

What is warm and wet on the inside, hard and hairy on outside?
    I'll give you a hint! It has a U and N in it.
    coconut!

Exclamation

Ok, I am at the bar and will buy drinks for the next 15 mintes.

Bartender, give me Jack and Ginger.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

Tea for me, please Capt.; I'm working tonight.

You folks go ahead and have a good time tonight, I'm holding the fort.
    Eat, drink and be merry
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Hey...did I slip into the bar in time? What's time around here anyway?? A Jack & Ginger actually sounds good!

I'm here sky, even if the capt isn't...I'll get the drinks for you...2 jack and ginger's please!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

YUM! Thanks. (Tell me the Capt still has his tab open!) My brain's fried and still got to get some work done tonight. Self-inflicted deadline...I hate it when I do that!

I hate when I do that too..and it's most of the time on projects I'm working on...

Now how can you have a self-inflicted deadline on a project someone else is working on????

Because...you know they'll screw it up and it'll be brought to you to fix..so why not just do it yourself...with a seemingly unrealistic self-inflicted deadline? Like the old saying goes...if you want it done right, do it yourself...

Dang...I didn't want to give this early but I have no choice! That's exactly what's happening...if I don't do it it won't get done right (world according to the skyraider....and just to think, I'm not a perfectionist). I'll slip some sarcasm in this place one day and get away with it.

Not with this group you won't
    I've spent countless nights laying awake in bed trying to figure out problems to projects I'm working on...I've actually gone into work at 2am to work on stuff (at my old job at a public access tv station..my previous life of video/computer engineering). Talk about obsessive...Thank God for Ambien so I can actually get some sleep every now and then...

I'll admit to having done that once or twice in my life....but not in the past few years. It only works when you're getting something back from the job (satisfaction...not $). This thing I'm working on is actually for the station!

Ambien, huh? Grand Dad does it for me!

Need to get to work. So much for reading the triage chpt for tomorrow night.

OH...and THANKS for distracting me during my productive hour of the evening! Don't you have some riding to do??? I guess I need to hit the "Logoff" button and use some self discipline!

Ahh...good ol' MCI...remember...it should only take you 30 seconds at the MAX to initially triage someone. That's one part alot of new EMT's don't realize....During an MCI, if someone's in cardiac arrest, they're black tagged..no workie themie....Same goes for respiriatory arrest with a pulse...When I teach MCI classes, it flabbergasts alot of people...including "seasoned" members, that you don't work someone....But I always say..."think of it this way...if you were a patient from the MCI and they spent all the resources on 1 patient, how many of the other patients would benefit from it, including yourself? the answer? None..." It may seem heartless, but with a situation like that, you have to care for the ones that you know have a chance of surviving...

Default OK...my last post!

30 seconds? 30 seconds?? I can't even get my initial assessment under 2 minutes yet. Heck, I can't even get my trauma load & go in the back of the ambo in under 10 minutes yet. FAILURE CRITERIA! But...if what you say is true, then you don't care for any critical patients, just the ones that need a bandaide (sp?) who would have survived anyway?

Now I'll be up all night thinking about the answer. So be it. Good night!

Thread Information