Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 252 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 5035
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

The initial asessment for an MCI event is different thant your "normal" intial asessment. Basically, you do a qucik set of ABC's...look for, and if you have to, control any major bleeding. Then you tag the patients for the treatment teams to take care of, and move on to the next patient. YOur job is not to treat patients if your triaging...That's what the treatment teams are for...Black tags for deseased, cardiac arrest, no breathing after 30 seconds with repositioning of head. Red for major injuries, such as mulitiple fractures, altered mental status, etc... Yellow for not as serious injuries such as a stable fractures not including femur fracture (due to the fact the thigh can hold 1.5 litres of blood before it starts to show with bruising etc..)Green for your "walking wounded"..minor cuts, scrapes, etc...
    I know my last post seemed kind of un-caring...I didn't mean it to come off that way....I sort of "over simplified" it a bit.
    Hopefully this cleared it up a bit for you...Any questions feel free to write me. Either here or PM
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

I know it's late but is the bar still open for last call? Anyone? JoJo?
    Caffeine is the key to motivation!

Psst...172...I found a key to the bar outside around the back door, on the side of the 2nd step in the crack. You can let yourself in if no one's here. Crank the music up and you'll feel like the place is full. (And someone keeps some beer stocked in the mini-fridge in the back room...no lock!). I didn't tell you this.

JoJo's normally around late.....not sure where she is!

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

HEAR YE HEAR YE
    ROOKIE IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON VACATION

Drinks are on me until further notice!!
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Where ya going, Rookie? Can we come with you?

I'm flying to Athens, Greece on Friday. 5 days on the mainland doing the touristy bus tour thing. Then 3 nights on Santorini Island then another 5 nights on the Island of Rhodes. I can't wait; I'm getting very impatient to get started.
    I've waited 10 years for this trip. It's a Honeymoon/Anniversary combined deal.

I'm kinda laughing at my kid; she has said repeatedly that she doesn't want the FD checking up on her and if they do she won't answer the phone. I laughed and said they go into burning buildings and rescue people-do you think the doors are always unlocked? NO......so if they think you need help you're going to get it whether you want it or not. She mulled that one over for a while and I don't think she cares for the idea much. Then again, at 16 didn't we all think we could rule the world???
    Last edited by ROOKIELZ; 05-03-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Rookie...I'm jealous as all get out! Greece is one of the most beautiful countries in the world (IMHO) and you're going to love it! I know you and your husband are going to have a great time. Look forward to seeing pics and getting some good stories when you come back. Good thing you're not taking the chitlin(s) with you!

Rookie ........fly safe, have a good time and I (we) wil try and not ring up a big bar tab.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

I got here too late for the Capt to get me a drink the other night...but since we've got an open tab....bring me Pina Colada or other exotic drink. Too expensive to order them out normally! Thanks, Rookie!

BUMP!!

Hey folks; keep this place open until I get back. I'm sure I'll have a few stories to share. Probably more yet that I'll stay quiet about!
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Did we have a fire in the pub that I didn't know about and ya'll put it out and went elsewhere to quaff without leaving me a note?

no no I slurped 3 Selects last night late and in the peace and quiet .........
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Been a long week for me too...this manual labor stuff is different than working in a hospital, etc...I'll throw back a few tonight though if anyone else is interested...I'm jealous that Rookie is going on vacation...As soon as I get my medic, I'm thinking about going on one myself...definately need it...
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Rookie have a great time. I only get to go to San Francisco this year. Then for only 3 days. Whirlwind tour. But then since I'm from the area I can make it work.

I could use a drink tonight. My daughter who's living in Co came home to surprise me for Mothers Day. Or so I here! She's out with friends since I was at work.

Make it a double! I'm on a diet!

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Pass me a drink...............Tall one please.................
    Ive definately put my self in a tight situation. I work full time days and put my self in class on mon-thur and occasional sat. WHAT WAS I THINKING????? Hmmmm........Why dont I have a social life???? yah Im sure that doewnt help me?.?.
    I would love to go on vacation. Or to a confrence (those typicallly end up like a vacation).But that wont be for a while.
    San Fransico sounds fun I havent been there in a while. Used to go yearly.
    Rath De Ort

RSM

Passing bekkerz a yard high drink. (gotta love those things!) I think we should do a "bar vacation"...everyone in the bar go on vacation together....Make the rounds of "real" bars....I'm free after mid July

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

I'm still lurking in the corner. Been off of work for a while, but have to go back this weekend for a 36 Sat. and Sun.

I had to take my grandmother to chemo today. Those people there are slower than Christmas. It was supposed to take 4 hours, but took 7. Don't they know people have better things to do than sit around a mofo hospital all day?

Couldn't find anyone to go out with for Cinco de Mayo last night.

Lou, come to Tally some time and I'll show you around. Maybe I'll even buy you a drink or 12.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Ok..it's Friday night..how come no one's at the bar? I feel like a lush drinking all by myself....
    1219-Maybe once I finish up school, I'll take a swing down that way...FL is still an option for when I'm done...

I am on an Extra Sweet Iced Tea ...........been a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG week........didnt want to be up this late. Those rehab policies help ?
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Ok all you light weights that go to bed by 10 0r 11pm. Anyone out there to buy a lady a drink? Ok, so you'd have to find a lady first I supose. Can't be to much of a lady and be in here all the time. (I'm only joking) Any takers? or do I go off to dream land with no drinks?

Thread Information