Like Tree29Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

ok...grills' going full bore, corn on the cob is steaming...where the he!! is everyone? The food and keg are gonna go south soon!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

I'll take a brat, some German potato salad, and a roll, please. You keeping the keg chilled well? If so, I'll take a tall one. I'm reflecting on our fallen....boy, do we have a lot to be grateful for!

Forum Member

Hey Sky, hope that's not a JoJobrat we're grillen?

Jori, you obviously know dancing, so anytime. But no pole, I'll get lost.

How about a glass of wine. I really need to unwind. My spring is about to unravel. I am exhausted from the 2 day frenzie at the grocier and still have to work most of the night on investigations. Then work the grocier again tomorrow. That is if I don't end up some strange place with investigations tonight. Come on everyone! Or is everyone but me out enjoying this weekend?

JoJo

District Chief

You guys be safe over the holiday weeked and drive careful. Remember...I you are goin gto be the designated drunk....bring a designated driver.

We need to put up a lock box in this joint to collect keys.....
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Well, I'm free for 2 whole days. My guy is in jail for 3 days so will maybe hit the river for some fishing. That is if the wind goes away. It's been hot for 2 days, now it's windy and cooling. Oh well, no complaints. I can always find work around here to keep me busy.

So let's bring out something festive and get going. I'm sure at least Weruj is around! Come have a dance with me babe.

Forum Member

JoJo-Is your guy in Volusia county correctional facility in Daytona Beach by any chance? If so, I think we should hook him up with my ex!
    After this shift I had today...ended an hour and a half late due to a stabbing trauma code...I need LARGE amounts of ETOH...stat...plus...gotta get primed for the parades tomorrow
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

as long as the nurses at the nursing homes can tell you if the pt has mrsa or post mrsa~still don't have a clear answer on that
    Talk to the Nurse's Aides. Believe me, they know where it's at. If you explain the term once, if that person doesn't know they'll scare up the answer for you. (At least that is the way it works here). Hate to say it but the NA's here bird-dog everything for the Nurses and more than once we've guided them to the correct decision. It scares the daylights out of me sometimes. I actually had an RN excuse herself by saying "Well, you should know 'cause you're on the FD." Now that's lame!

Plug the kettle in; I have to go to work tonight. Last night I dragged a supposedly trained worker around on my coattails. She was going to follow me out for a smoke so I asked her if she was a smoker. If not, don't follow because that is where I am going. PTL: she was a non-smoker and I got 5 minutes peace. I don't mind training and I don't mind questions but I mind if you are "trained" and stand on the spot saying "I haven't done that yet." Like who trained you????
    I need a drink or something.....

Did anyone save 1219 and I any champagne or are we going to have to celebrate on our own?
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

District Chief

Well...memorial day is winding down and I am on shift....kind of quiet today.

There was a party at my house on Saturday and lots of BS was told and lots of shoes thrown..... I entertained Jim and Ginger and someone threw up in the grass by my hot tub.....how rude!!!!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Originally posted by captstanm1
    ...and someone threw up in the grass by my hot tub.....how rude!!!!
    Sorry Stan...My bad....I thought I cleaned that up...
    OK..Memorial day kinda sucked here for me..besides the parades...ended up falling asleep on the couch for a few hours.

MembersZone Subscriber

had a rough day here. so I'm drunk and trying to work through it. anyone care for a drink? bottle's already open.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

MembersZone Subscriber

Working a 48 insteand of a 36 (got held over). I just now got to take a shower for the first time since I've been on shift yesterday morning. Got on a call right when I stepped out but someone else was nice enough to take it for me while I got dressed.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Forum Member
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

I get the feeling I wasn't quite clear in my last post. It's the guy I've been following in jail for 3 days, not hubby. He's outgrown the need to get drunk and fight. However the guy I am detailed to got arrested for drunk and disorderly. Then had traffic tickets so they get to keep him without bail until Tues. YEA!!!!! I'm getting tired of this jerk.

How come I'm the only one seems to stay up past 10pm? ok, may 11?Be sure and leave me something when ya'll leave ok. Love reading what I missed though.

Had a great weekend. Drove out to the Gallatin River to find it was high and muddy. So no fishing there, so hit the Jefferson. Did rather well. Then today we went up to Deer Lodge to see the old prison and the antique car museum. We love to take day trips.

Must go as have more work tonight before I decide to crash.

Miss you guys! JoJo

Forum Member

Dems, forgot to say I agree with you sugestion. These 2 would realy be a match. Then maybe we could have some peace and a nice evening of wine/shots and dinner and dance. Anyone care to join us?

JoJo

MembersZone Subscriber

Still working nights...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I'd tell you folks to keep the noise down but I think I slept through it

Can't wait until Friday
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Feels like forever since I've dropped in. Looks like most everyone had a nice weekend. We had a gorgeous weekend. Got to pick up a friend at the airport for a quick dinner...it's been years since we've seen each other. Keep a beer cold for me...

Josh...hope your stones are gone! SOrry to hear it...sounded painful!

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

Just for the record, what is the longest running thread around here?

ARGGGGG!! We are out of tea bags; I can't believe we ran out. I'm going to the corner store to get some. Anyone need anything else?

When I get off work there's gonna be some drinking and dancing going on: who's first? Weruj1, Stan and "Lou" why are you all innocently looking at the ceiling and whistling?
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

what?!?! what about me?

Forum Member

Ok..I feel like a lush now...drinking all by myself...At least the voices in my head (I think they're in ym head) are keeping me company....although they're waxing philisophical lately....

Forum Member

Thumbs up Bud Select and Bloody Mary..........

Hi all...............just back from the real pub........ahhhhhhhhhhh wing night, beer. All the things I need right now.......we jave been getting pounded here.........18 runs since friday, including one for myself as you all may have read in another thread. So I hope the Gods are nice to us and let us get a full nights rest.
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Forum Member

OH BOY........Oh BOY......OH BOY.....OH Boy......OH BOY...........!!!!!!!I'm actually hear when somone else is on. Yes, let's have a few shots and whatever else and turn up that music, I need boogie.

BTW Dems I'll try again to pm you. I've had a rash of problems pming people lately, well, you at least.

JoJo

Forum Member

JoJO.............make it a quick one ............ I am bushed .......
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Sure thing sweetie. Thanks for sticking around. Dems you still out there to take up where Weruj leaves off?

Forum Member

JoJo-Got your PM, thanks....
    I'm out of here in short order myself...SLeep is a very rare occurance in my life lately...need to get all that I can...June 18th isn't comming soon enough (last day of ride time...Testing August 5th). Plus at work (mowing lawns) We have to make up for the crappy weather last week...I'll be back for sure tomorrow...I know I'm gonna need a few cold ones....and of course some shots!

Forum Member

Have a good sleep. I'm headed in early tonight. Have no excuse to be tired, just am. So I'll finish this shot and say goodnight.

Thread Information