Like Tree29Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

Ok, pub friends....wish me luck for my State EMT-B test tomorrow night! If I pass, I'll buy a round...heck I may buy two...bring your friends in!

Let's see if I've got it straight..."hey, can you hear me (rub sternum), check breathing, check pulses, cap refill, skin temp/color, expose, listen for breath sounds, blood sweep...load & go...put on NRB w/ 15lpm....begin rapid, head, eyes/nose/ears/mouth, jugulars/trachea/cervical, c-collar, palp abdomen, pelvis, legs, pedal pulse/PMS, arms, rollover & check back...on backboard, straps, head rolls, tape. Back of ambo...detailed assessment, vitals, reassess every 5 minutes." How's that for 11 minutes?

My partner's got medical so all I really need to worry about is vitals (but I still have the SAMPLE/OPQRST down). Heading out for EVOC now...let's hope I don't run over too many cones.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Hmmm... I "hit" the Carpool in Ballston a couple of times last week. Nice pints of Guinness......... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Looking forward to checking out new places in DC next month.

Skyraider: Good luck on your exams!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Rick, where you been brother?
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Forum Member

Sky you've got it nailed! After your tests we'll talk about my conditon. Wouldn't want to scare you yet. I'm already having that drink on you as I know you will do great.

Malahat: will check my registry and see what places are still hot in DC for you. Will get back to you. When do you leave for DC.

Dems I look forward to June 18th (I think) isn't that when you are done with the long ride-a-longs? Then we'll have another little party waiting for you.

Hey Rookie, I could sure use some more Greek salad and Oozo. But then Weruj probably drank all the Oozo and I know I ate my share of salad.

Have to go to dinner so will chat later.

JoJo

Forum Member

A nice cold Oozo actually sounds good, JoJo...one for me, one for you coming right up. Just one though...don't actually like that drink, but tonight it's all good. (Take your meds before we start, ok!!)

Haven't been to Carpool's Malahat...will have to try it within the next week or two.

Forum Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Gods let us sleep until 0730 today ! I went out last night and had a great time. Tonight my dad stopped over and enjoyed several cocktails with him ..............now relaxing here before bed. Sky..........from my heart and brain directly to you.....GOOD LUCK tomorrow ! got any Bud Select back there ? hell I may wanna do some dancin............oh .....also got the word today that soon..........very soon we are going to finally get 2 LP 12's fom our levy passage last year. It has been a good day.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Well, hey Josh...where'd you come from? Good to "hear" you smiling after your stones & all. I bet you enjoyed the time with your dad! Is he nearby? Must be or he wouldn't have just stopped by, eh? Bud Select is sliding your way....got your hand out???

Forum Member

Good luck sky, I know you'll do well! Besides...we have the party already planned...so you better pass!
    Josh-congrats on getting the 12's...a very fine monitor! I just hope the service I work for has them when I get my medic.
    The party will have to be on the 19th for me...my last shift is the 18th from 8a-midnight...maybe I'll drag myself in after....
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

yes my father doesnt live to far away ..........he stopped voer and read the kids a couple of books and hung out..............like I said it was a great day and thanks for the beer ..........
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

Forum Member

Default Hey Lt !

we are using the 11's and they are so darn bulky..............but they work .........and we got them at a great price .......... but it is time to improve !
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

DO you guys have the 12-lead "update" for the 11's? or do you guys not do 12-leads?
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

no we are using the 11's for 12 leads .............we bought one reconditioned by physio and then we turned around and went to a true cardiac save and the person wanted to make a donation to us ........so they bought us another 11 ~! this was before the 12's were even out..........
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

You guys got me curious on the LPs now. Within the next few weeks I should be "testing out" on my Medic 3rd (our Lt makes us take that before we can ride with the medics...basically shows us how to get the IV ready and hook up the LP). I thought I remembered it just having 4 leads. When i did my ED rotation they used a 10 lead, I believe, but only put 8 on. What's the difference between the two ya'll are talking about?

What you drinking Leuit?

Forum Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .............the basic LP11 & 12.....are 4 leads ....you can get a 6 lead reading by pushing the lead 12 button.
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

the "leads" are the direction of how the curtrent flows to the wires....but most people refer to the leads as the actual wires....for instance..a 3 wire set up sees 3 leads or directions...a 4 wire sees 6 leads...and a 12-lead EKG actually uses only 10 wires....I hope that clears things up for you and doesn't confuse you more...lol

Forum Member

I'll have a nice tall (bottomless) Sam Adams.....thanks

Forum Member

Lou............we gotta quit double postin'...........
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

I'll buy your next select Josh

Forum Member

[as skyraider slumps down into the chair in a corner...flushed with embarrassment...then sits back up straight thinking that as a newly EMT-B to be...she's not "supposed" to know all that stuff yet.]

Thanks for the clarification, guys? I just assumed a lead was a wire hookup to the body. Who made y'all so smart anyway? You been eatting your salmon regularly...

Enough smart talk....I'll try one of your Selects, Josh...have yet to try one. Can someone turn on some Jimmy Buffett???

Forum Member

they are very good !!!!! ah Sky it is ok..............you will get it, especially when you are SUPPOSED to.
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Sky, everyone referrs to the wire as the leads, so it's not just you...
    Jimmy Buffett comming up!...what're you having to drink? This Sam Adams tastes great....

Forum Member

"Havana Daydreaming..."

Speaking of a foreign land....mom wants to take a New Year's Eve trip to Peru!! Get that! Interesting... I don't even know what people do in Peru, except maybe use llamas to carry their goods from one place to another! How is that for ignorance!

Once I finish this Select, I'll try a Sam Adams...the Oozo went to my head.

Forum Member

Need to get some sleep....let ya'll know how it went tomorrow.

Forum Member

Good luck Sky! Josh and I will be here cheering you on!

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm going out of town tomorrow for a job interview in another state. The idea of moving is overwhelming, but it's a great opportunity. I'm just sooo nervous! Slide a beer this way, I need to relax!
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Thread Information