Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 251 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 5007
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

MembersZone Subscriber ffemtPAJ's Avatar

another rough day. pass the tequila and limes. you know the drill when I pass out. (but please no 14 gauge this time... an 18 will work just fine.)
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo oooooooo ...........PAJ love the avitar ! I will take good care of you
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber ffemtPAJ's Avatar

thanks Weruj1. I need some TLC.

P.S. The avatar is "pickles the fire cat," a favorite book of my childhood. Cute isn't he? Has his own little helmet and everything!
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Thumbs up

I just read it to the boys not to long ago !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?

That's nice, Josh. Good to see the boys at the station are receptive to that kind of brotherhood and bonding. Did you get to tuck 'em in too???

MembersZone Subscriber ROOKIELZ's Avatar

HELLO FOLKS!!!

Grab the stretcher and the O2: I just saw my bar tab.

What were you doing, drowning your sorrows while I was gone?

I think some of you owe me a drink and a dance...
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Default the LZ has landed !!!!!!!

well here is the lady with the Grecian Formula........... how was it ? I would like to be first for the dance and drink .......LMAO @ Sky .......... !
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Thumbs up

Greece was fabulous! I had a drink for you all and have a picture to prove it. Came home with lots of pics and memories. Saw all the major tourist attractions, made a bunch of friends, swam in the ocean, went island hopping. The drivers are just nuts there. Pedestrians DO NOT have the right of way. Seat belts...apparently are for decoration. Thus, the innumerable roadside shrines dedicated to people who were seriously injured or deceased.

Can I pay for my drinks in Euros? And I'll make a greek salad for anyone that wants it.
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Default WELCOME HOME, ROOKIE!!!

We're glad you had a good time! You're seat's been saved and it's happy you're back. Can't wait to see the pics. Greek salad sounds great! Heavy on the tomatoes, please!

Do you have any scars from getting run over by a moped?

Forum Member

Hey Rookie we missed you! I want details of Greece! And Pics! Best I could do while you were there was the Greek resteraunt down the road. Have a drink on me. Oh and sorry about the tab. We................ uh...got..well..you know, we missed you.

Geez I get sick for a few days and I come back to gender orientation and Dems doing confessions. The only thing I have to offer is the fun I had yesterday watching the young bison playing. They were butting heads and bucking. They are so funny this time of year. Must be careful though as the young ones will try to take on most anything. Like fense posts, cars etc....

Weruj1, I will put off the dancing until you are feeling better, then look out, fella!

For those of you who want pics, pm me your email addy.

I have made a HUGE greek salad but I need help getting it into the pub. The tables are already set with forks, olive oil and ouzo. OPA!

Sky: I rather suspect you know all about the streets of Greece. I found out I can run like (you know what!) and jump like a deer if need be. Let's just say that the taxis we took operate only at speeds of 160 km/hr. I kid you not. I just looked out the window and made sure my seatbelt was securely fastened. It is crystal clear why there are so many roadside shrines...
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

160 km/hr
    That's it? 160 kilometer/hour = 99.4193908 mile/hour (mph) Not all that fast...

You have my address, send me the pictures please.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

1219: the population of Greece is ~6 million. Athens has ~4 million. The cars in Athens are small by U S standards. The driving regulations are steadfastly ignored. Basically, anything goes. At 160km/hr I think you can understand why it is often deadly. I'm talking 160 in the CITY!!! This is not on the Autobahn like in Germany. The motorbikes ride where ever they please and will pass on the centre line with traffic in both directions or on the right between the slower vehicle and the curb which may have pedestrians walking on the sidewalk (aka an extra lane.) Add in innumerable scooters which cruise along considerably slower than the other vehicles. You may not think that that speed is fast but it is when given the total driving conditions.

Having said that, here's an ouzo.
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Wow! Thanks Rookie, I knew you would bring us home something great! I'm hungry and thirsty. So let's get this show on the road. Will pm you for pics. do details come with it?

Hey what's up with weruj? Not feeling well? Hope I didn't give him anything last time we danced. I've been sick for a week. Just working and sleeping.

My local fire chief (as I refere to him around here)was in a bad mood today and he kinda took it out on me on the racquetball court. He felt really bad about it. (hadn't bothered me)Poor guy appoligized 3 different times. So while doing errands today I stopped by with a vase of flowers for him. I figured as scraggley as they looked he may get a laugh out of them. He left work early so he'll get them tomorrow. Oh well, hope they cheer him up. He's a great guy most of the time. Though a bit hard on himself.

Hey Dems you done with #2 of your 16 hour runs?

Sky have you collected any more critters? I find that most of the critters don't bite at least.

Naw..........I got it from one of the boys who shared with me, his brother now the wife ..........you are clean Jojo
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607

Forum Member

Shew! I really do not like it when people share their germs with me. So I always try hard not to share mine. Hope you're feeling better though? Want a drink? I could use something warm and creamie about now. Like another Irish coffee.

Forum Member

I take off work early just to come home and visit with you guys and noone seems to be around. Ok, so you ween't the real reason I took off at lunch. But it sounds good.

So where is everyone? What are you up to? I think Dems should be on run #3 by now. Where's Weruj? Sky? Rookie? 1219? PAJ? Haven't seen 172 around for a long time. Well I'll be back and forth most of the evening so hope to say hi to some of you. In the meantime I'll have something tall and cold like maybe a Hieniken!

JoJo

Just remember.....if you are going to be the designated drunk.....you got to have a designated driver....! Cheers!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Forum Member

Hey Captstanm1, you are one of the few regulars I forgot. Sorry about that. However I only asked for a beer, not a 6pk. What have you been up to? Never see you around any more. Hope that is about to change. Life treating you ok?

Well, I nominate myself for the position of designated drunk...screw the driver...I'll just sleep(pass out) at the bar...
    Well, this weekends ride time shifts were fun...Got a tube (4 total...definately can't tell my classmates that...) and electricity...paced a guy with unkown downtime in asystole...I asked my medic if it was alright to do so, just so I could get my electrcity....not thinking it would actually work...sure as *****, we get to the ER and I feel a carotid pulse....Last I knew, he was up in ICU still unresponsive and in repiratory arrest on a vent..but had a pulse...At my weekday job, my boss/fire captain is visitng his mother down in sunny Florida, while I'm stuck up here in rainy Mass...Supposed to rain all week, so doesn't look like I'll be able to get much mowing done...so, I'll drink instead!
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Thread Information