Like Tree29Likes

Thread: After Hours Pubs

Forum Member

Jori care to share what happened at work? If not I'll keep you in my prayers that it isn't to bad.

WE WANT PIC'S DEMS!

Hey Sky that was an awesome post. Here's a toast to your dad and all his crownies. Awesome to meet one.

Dad has no hope of making it. I fly up and stay for 2weeks. Hubby and kids will come up in a few weeks and will decide if I will stay or come home with them.

Did have some fun today though. Had to get some pics of me with a fire engine. So called the fire chief to ask if I could borrow one of his engines. Said I wasn't asking for the keys this time. Well before he could get back to me one of the trucks shows up at the gym. So I'm playing racquetball when I see them come in. I grab a friend and my camera out of the car and get my pics. Then I get caught by the fireman while I'm hanging on their truck. They got called out. Well by the time they got to the truck they were told to stand down. So after they had some fun with my being caught they got into the pics.

Shortly after (before I got out of the lot) the chief show up and wants to know what do I want with an engine. I can truely embarrasse myself, don't need the kids to help me.

Forum Member

Am having trouble concentrating today. Anyone around to join me in a beer? Especially after watching the first game of the sox's. So how about a pitcher of some good strong beer (never light) so I can share with my friends.

Where's Rookie and Weruji?

Well maybe Dems or Sky will drop by?

Forum Member

where is everyone, I baked 6 batches of cookies and there is noone here to help eat them. I'm doing pies tomorrow. Well, better poor me some more beer. Come on folks, I'm lonely.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JoJobrat
    Jori care to share what happened at work? If not I'll keep you in my prayers that it isn't to bad.

WE WANT PIC'S DEMS!

Yes we want to see pictures!

What happened at work:
    Oooooo....stupid nurse!
    I had a call for possible CVA(house call). On arrival pt responsive to pain, bp 112/60 p40&ir r20. We but the pt on O2 @ 15L x NR. I call MC(we're BLS and MC was our desired location 15-20min eta) We had 3 ERs within 5 min, I wanted to either have approval to go to desired or/mainly diverted to another er(order of direction). MC nurse tells me I have to wait there is a call ahead of me; fine I take that time to get a new set of vs. bp 110/50 p36ir r20. She comes back to me and I give her the report, she responds "I can't handle this right now, call 911." I tell her what our closest is and she makes a remark that that Hops won't be able to provide proper care for my pt. I ask for her name and log #(protocol) she tells me her name but says "There is no log number. I don't have time to right this down." Yes she was busy, BUT IT IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT AT THAT HOSPITAL, IT'S A TRAUMA CENTER AND MEDICAL CONTROL FOR A GOOD PORTION OF THE AREA! Well we did what MC told us to do and WAITED over 10 minutes for ALS(municipal and my co.) Municipal arrived first, shortly the co. and our co. took over. The family was hysterical and didn't understand what was happening. If she had just directed me to a specific hosp the pt would have already began treatment(life stabilizing treatment) prior to either ALS crew. Though I'm glad that I explained to the family that if the valid DNR was not present on the pt it doesn't count(pt supposedly had one at the desired hosp), that would have been a bigger issue. The rest of the day was "stupid nurse." She had no reason to freak out on me, I was calm, I even got a complement on my report when going to a diffrent ER for a later call that day.
    Last edited by JorieH; 10-05-2005 at 12:30 AM.
    An education is only wasted when the taught individual chooses not to recognize the value of the lesson.

MembersZone Subscriber

ROOK pops in and looks for "Lou's" pix of him in a tux...

Weruj1- has left the building for a few more days.

**going back to bed...working 2 more 12 hr nights**
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Ok Jorie, justifiable tantrum time! To many in this world don't realise that everyone counts. It amazes me how when there is a simple solution to things the more intelligent people are the less likely they are to use it.

I was heading for the Oregon Coast for a few weeks or more to help take care of my dad who was diagnosed with lung cancer 9 days before he died of brain cancer. I have to wander at the doctors being so far off on his dimise. They told us 6-8 weeks without treatment and 6 months with. Well fact is I am very at peace with the whole thing. I didn't get to see him as I was to fly there on Sat., but then he didn't suffer at all. God does grant your prayers. Sometimes it's even no. I have always dwelt good with death as it is a part of living. I quess I may not get the chance to throw sandballs at my brothers now. (probably won't snow there yet)Oh Darn! Of course as daddy's only little girl I am always an angle.

BTW anyone going to serve up some cognac?

Forum Member

Default I'm So Sorry, Jojo.

JoJo...I couldn't believe my eyes when I read what you wrote. I send a big hug to you. My most sincere sympathies to you and your family. Just don't know what else to say. You've been in my prayers and will be. Love to you.

Forum Member

thanks Sky, I just figure you guys should know why I'm being such a dip head. Wouldn't want people thinking that of me even though I am, but just most the time. lol

MembersZone Subscriber

Cognac and sympathy for JoJo. (BIG HUG)
    I am glad your father didn't suffer...at least a person can take comfort in that.
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Barkeep, can I get an icepack and a selzer, PLEASE!!! Oh, and ssshhhh!!!! You're talking too loud!

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm back. Been busy with work and the no comp thing sucks balls.

We picked a manufacturer for our new tanker. We chose Rosenbauer. We've got the contract signed, and we have a meeting with the dealer to finalize the details. Seems like a pretty good truck so far.

Anyway, I'm free tonight, so perhaps I will have a few adult beverages.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, I was just thinking of 1219last night...Figured he would be in computer withdrawl by now.
    Let me buy you a few beverages 1219...so you can start saving up for a 'puter :lol.

Weruj1: Are you home yet?

Jo and Sky...as soon as I get my SCBA course done we will need to go out and get crazy. How about it?
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Hi all.......................back from pediatric pandemonium.....................GIMMIE A DRINK !!!!!!!! .............more later ............
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

What'll it be Weuj1...Sam or Guinness?

And a little dancing on the bar while no one is looking...

Whatsa matta "Lou"...tux pictures too incriminating?
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Rookie ..................I would love that .......lets go QUICK ! I will get a Killians in a minute.........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Sorry gals, I'm waiting on my cousin to email the pics from the wedding still...I know you are all anxiously waiting to see the pics
    As for drinks...line'm up...been running water/service calls all day (just got back from one) thanks to the 7 or so inches of rain we've gotten so far today.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

Someone pour me a stiff one... a day with the family can drive you spare...

Give me the cameraderie with the brothers anyday...

(If I had any... not got a station yet)

Forum Member

Welcome proby, sit down and have a drink or 2 or....welcome to the dysfunctional brotherhood.
    The comments made by me are my opinions only, not of the Fire and EMS services I am affiliated with.

I have lost my mind..has anyone seen it? it's not worth much..but it's mine

Forum Member

Thanks a bunch...

JD & coke for me, please...

Does firefiftyfive come in here a lot? i just sent him an email, wanted to keep in touch.

Nice joint you got here...

Cpt. Common Sents

ahhh,...TO....MUCH.....BEEEER must stop drinkinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggg

Forum Member

Pass me a cool one.. if you have any left... LOL

What are you drinking... Coors... Miller...?

Cpt. Common Sents

Noooo not that camel ****.........Labatts Blue and Molson Canadian

Forum Member

Gimme a Molson then...

Goes well with the Jack n coke..

MembersZone Subscriber

Captain Morgan is my friend.
    Quick Weruj1, grab my hand and lets go dance before these young'uns take over the joint.

Glad to see that there are a few that can handle CANADIAN beer; there's no beer like it (if you like beer, that is...)

Rock and Roll.........
    IACOJ
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

Cheers Rookie... *chink!*

Hey, how do you get above being classed as a 'guest' on here anyways?

Thread Information