Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default May-Military Appreciation Month

As the wife of an active-duty service member I would like to ask my brothers and sisters of the fire service for a moment of their time.

May is Military Appreciation Month and the Defend America website is offering the chance for you to thank a military member for bravely serving our country.

Please take a moment to go to this site, send a note and let the men and women of the military know we all appreciate what they are doing for us.The link for the thank you note can be found in the upper- right hand corner of the page.

http://www.defendamerica.gov/

Thank you so much.

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

lady, I think it is YOU who needs to get thanked. The spouses of servicemen and women go through alot of S**T, but the support they show their military partners lets them do their job that much better.
    Thank you drkblram. I am just doing what a good spouse is supposed to be doing--supporting their mate, through good times and bad

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

Thumbs up

When duty calls, our members of the Military, the National Guard and Reserves give up a lot of their freedoms to defend ours.

One of our firefighters was activated just after 9/11 and has been on active duty since...Jeff Kasaras, USAF, thank you!

To Mike Quinn, Massachusetts Air National Guard and Dave Logan, Massachusetts Army National Guard, thank you!

To my cousin, CPO Brenda Wood, USN, thank you!

Thank you to all who serve and have served to defend our freedom!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thumbs up Military Spouse Appreciation Day

As a soldier that was mobilized in support of Operation Enduring Freedom/Noble Eagle, I could not do this without the unwavering support of my dear wife and family. I received this message about Military Spouse Appreciation Day being celebrated on the Friday before Mothers Day, that being May 10 2002, therfore I share it with you all:

FYI.

In 1984, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed that the Friday before
    Mother's Day each year would be known as Military Spouse Appreciation
    Day -- Friday,10 May 2002. Military spouses are a uniquely adaptable group of talented men and women who are required to be ambassadors to the world in the truest sense of the word, and they do represent our country well. The husbands and wives of airmen, soldiers, and sailors worldwide deserve recognition and sincerest appreciation for their strength, unity, patriotism and support.

Two requests:

Please take a moment to say thanks to your military spouse.

Please pass this message on to all of our soldiers and remind them
    to say thanks to.

Our families are The Best!!

To my wife and family:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

To all military spouses everywhere:
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dmsmith; 05-09-2002 at 09:37 PM.
    Guinness....a meal in a can!
    IACOJ, Flatlander Division

As a Navy Brat I know life is hard during peacetime conditions but I will never forget those 24 hour alerts that turned into a deployment within four hours not knowing where my dad was going or when he would be back. It was my dad that woke me and told me what was happening on 9/11 from his office on Norfolk NAS (he works for a company on base now) and as we talked about the unfolding events we anguished over not just my brothers that were dead/dying/missing but his friends and brothers that were immediately deploying into harms way.

To you and all of them I say THANK YOU FOR MY FREEDOM! GOD BLESS YOU AND THEN GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    I would...but no!

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Lady, I would like to thank you for your post. I am a Canadian Serviceman who just returned home at the end March after 5 months at sea, being deployed on OPERATION APOLLO aboard HMCS VANCOUVER. We were deployed with the Aircraft Carrier Battle Group USS JOHN C. STENNIS, in support of OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM and OPERATION NOBLE EAGLE.

The support that I saw both from Canadians everywhere and from the USA was overwhelming, espeically during the Christmas season. On that vein I wish to thank everyone who showed their support for all the troops who deployed and who continue to be deployed for overseas operations of all types.

THANK YOU TO Y0U ALL!!!
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Malahat, glad to hear you made it home safe and sound from your deployment.

My husband is US Navy,been in 14 yrs, and we have friends that were on the Stennis and other boats part of that battlegroup and we heard some great things about the Vancouver. I had the pleasure of emailing with a few Vancouver wives also.

Once again, glad you made it home safely, and THANK YOU, and your fellow Canadians, for your part in the fight against terrorism.

Lady.

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

You know what, the military is appriciative of you guys. My 4 year hiatus from firefighting to be an "Army Officer" (God someone should have told me the word Officer has the word Office in it) is half way through an I can't wait to get back to it. But there are pictures of the 3 firemen raiseing the flag at ground zero all over the place here. People ask me all the time, "where can I get some FD tee shirts?" or saying "I sure am glad those guys are out there, they do their job so we can do ours." and stuff like that. The soldiers of my unit are appriciative of you guys... there should be a FF appritiation month.
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

I'm really elated to see the responses to this post and find it quite heart warming that the military is finally being appreciated. I for one have always stood by and respected the military and it's members, I always have and always will.

I wish that I had this type of appreciation while in the military instead of being demonized by a whole lot of people while serving in Nam and especially upon my return home. I hope every military member will recieve the respect they so deserve and never suffer the disappointment and mindnumbing insults that a lot of us suffered upon our return to the land of the great PX.

KUDOS to each and everyone of you and your families. Stand proud and tall.

FireLt1951, I know this cannot make up for the awful treatment Vietnam vets have suffered, but there are many out there who appreciate all you and your fellow vets did. My father was a Marine during Vietnam, and his best friend from high school was a chopper pilot shot down numerous times in Nam.Luckily they both came home alive.I personally salute you, both as a military vet myself, and as a military spouse. The time you gave our country meant quite a lot.Thank you.

Take care, and stay safe,

Lady.

Thumbs up Welcome Home

FireLt1951 -

Welcome Home!!!!

Lady in Turnouts -

To your father, I say.......Welcome Home!!!!

To all Vietnam Veterans.....Welcome Home!!!!
    Guinness....a meal in a can!
    IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Lady, thanks for the link, I sent mine off right away. If there is anything else I can do for our Service men/women just let me know. Kudos to you for being a good military wife!

FireLt1951 glad to hear you made it home alive. I give you all the respect in the world for defending our country. I only wish you could have had the outpouring of support then, as they do now.

Comming from a military family- I believe all of our men and women fighting for this great nation deserve and have earned every ounce of respect. They are putting their lives on the line to protect our freedom. There is nothing more precious than that. They are fighting for the 343 Brothers we have lost, and all of the civilians who perished when evil came to the United States that fateful day.

A tip of the leather to all of them.

FDNY we will never forget 9-11

"If you love your freedom, thank a military person"

Thank you!!!
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Thread Information