Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gym Equipment

Default Gym Equipment

My department is getting ready to move into a new station, & we have a fitness room that we need to equip. We'll probably have a few treadmills and maybe an elyptical machine, but we need to find a good universal work station. Any suggestions?

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Just a suggestion, flat bench with olympic barbells, dumbell rack that is stocked, (the range of weight to be determined by you). As far as a universal machine, something versatile, something you can do a myriad of exercises with. A gym equipment store could probably assist you with this.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Default Gym equipment.

I have recently joined Tyne and Wear Metropolitan Fire Brigade in the U.K. Before this I was a Fitness Instructor. Equipment you need. Swiss Balls for stability and balance training, using weights on an unstable base increases functional strength and recreates lifting at work. Free Weights. Fixed Flat Olympic bench set. Adjustable Bench and mats. Cybex manufacture plate loading dual axis stations which are expensive but v. good. If this info is no good then fair enough, but I would advise you to buy the swiss balls and a manual on their correct use as they are only £10 over here so maybe $12- 15 dollars for you guys. They have unlimited possibilities for use and you can only be limited by your balance (which will improve) and your imagination.

Thread Information