Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: What do you think about the April Issue?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree with possum.

0 0%
  • I disagree with possum.

1 33.33%
  • Who really cares?

1 33.33%
  • I haven't seen the April Issue.

1 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Default Disappointed with April Issue

The fire department I work for has a subscription to firehouse. I really like the magazine and it always has good information. When I saw that the April Issue "An Entire Issue Dedicated to the 343 Fallen FDNY Bravest!"...I just had to have it. I was glad to see that firehouse would let us buy single copies...so I ordered two and they came in the mail today. I must say...I am disappointed and a little disgusted on what I got...I am almost to the point of where I want my money back. I just flipped through it and saw maybe three stories..give or take..about NY and the rest was ads and other stories. The receipt I have and the way they promoted it was the entire issue would be to our brothers...stories of the ones there, dedications, etc. I would have thought that firehouse along with the companies that support by ads would have went front cover to back cover with stories, dedications, etc and left the ads and other stuff out kind of in respect for the brothers that died. I just expected more from you guys and felt I needed to speak my two cents.
    Nick Herrington
    smkdvr42@mssmokediver.com
    Ridgeland Fire Department
    Ridgeland, Mississippi
    Though you are gone brother....you are not forgotten. Support your local EMS and Military! God Bless America!

Read it, don't flip through it. There are stories all through from people who were there.

well...i had some time tonight...so i started reading through the stories... still disappointed...would have like to seen the companies pay for their ads but keep them out of this issue...just my opinion.. one article that made me like that i got this issue was Chief Mark L. Haraway...from Elizabethtown, NC on page 17 and 18...if you read this...thank you for that article...i believe they got it from the forums...anyway..just thought i would add that....
    Though you are gone brother....you are not forgotten. Support your local EMS and Military! God Bless America!

Thread Information