Thread: how many FDNY?

Arrow how many FDNY?

if heard that there are around 11,000(correct me if im wrong) active FDNY fireman. I want to know, how many FDNY fireman are there looking at these forums?
    IACOJ

I was for one Josh.......and if your truly a Capt of Jr FF, and intend to make this a career..the word is Firefighters. Your probably correct count wise..it varies from 11-12,000 members....minus the 343 who should be resting in peace by now! I do so admire your Avatar by the way, though it does state clearly FDNY?
    "All gave some...Some gave all!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

Exclamation im sorry

im sorry for not saying firefighters, i wasnt im my right mind when i wrote that, i was tired, sorry, and i wish i could make a career out of this, but the dept. im with is volunteer. Although i do intend to stay in this field and become an arson investigator. Anyway thanks for your reply FDNYRR
    Last edited by MFDExplorer51; 05-14-2002 at 04:09 PM.
    IACOJ

Wink

Hey Josh the apology isn't needed for me.....just giving you a heads-up, someday some lady may walk up to you and clock you for not realizing she broke her buns to get where she is............and probably still breaking them to show she belongs!

Good Luck!
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah Josh,

You wouldn't last in the ring with Rocky, would ya?

For crying out loud, FDNYRR... the kid was looking for a simple answer to a simple question, not a lesson in political correctness.

BTW kid, "fireman" is not a dirty word in my firehouse. As I recall, there was a forum topic awhile back about this subject.
    "Go ugly early."

Default Hey Squadie.........

Hey Squadie (of which I was one-#4) I wasn't lecturing the kid, or giving him lessons. There are "Women" on the FD was all I was pointing out to him and besides "fireman" deplicts someone on fire anyway.......

Lt..........Rocky ain't that tough, unfortunately, she has rank..reminds me of Viet Nam
    Last edited by FDNYRR; 05-15-2002 at 07:06 PM.
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

FDNYRR:
    Squad 4? That would put you in East NY during the war years, right? It's an honor and a privilege to be in such good company.
    But hey, if you've got that kind of seniority, you must remember having been issued a helmet front that said PROB FIREMAN when you came on the job right?
    Last edited by SquadHog; 05-15-2002 at 09:04 PM.
    "Go ugly early."

Thumbs up

Yes Sir, 1965 Bristol St. between Sutter and Blake...first due to the most pulled box in the World..1663 Blake and Amboy, and sharing quarters with E 283.

Your right, my frontpiece did say Prob Fireman in 1965...in 1982 they were changed to Prob Firefighter......but please, I really wasn't looking to make a deal of it. I wanted the kid to start off right, as right as "today" urges us to be.

Remember this: "Yellow is always Mellow!"
    9/11/01 Lest we forget!
    FDNYRR

41Truck
    Firehouse.com Guest

The probie shields still read "PROB FIREMAN". There is nothing wrong with using the term fireman. As one other said it is used all the time both in and out of the firehouse (not fire station)!

Back to the topic; There are around 11,300 uniformed members. Total personnel is at about 12,000.

Thread Information