M G
    Temporarily/No Longer Active

Default This system sucks

I just spent 30 minutes writing a post after logging in and this site told me I wasnt logged in when I pressed the button to post it. The whole thing is GONE. What a joke.

looks like you got it working now!

i hate it when that happens.

I type in notepad, try to remember to spell czech it in Word and then cut and paste it. That way when it does that I haven't wasted it all.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

MembersZone Subscriber

Mongo:
    I have been lurking around in these forums too proud to ask "how do you do it?" And I finally found out. So you hit "post reply"; then, open a new document; cut and paste your quotes; cut and paste your document into the thread? Is that it?
    MG: It's happened to me; once, it happened three times on the same post. But I pressed on.
    Man, I learn something new everyday. Life is great!
    IMACOJ Board member and proud of it.

Forum Member

anytime you think you can do better, im sure the folks in college park would be happy for your help...

Chief Reason

For the long ones I open notepad and type the reply before I even log in. That way I can scroll through and get what I want from all the messages and not just a few that come up from the reply window.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Administrator

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, at least be polite about it. It can't suck that bad if you've posted over 200 times

Yes, if you are 'inactive' for some time writing a long post make sure you type it elsewhere and paste it here because you may time out. Some reasons you may time out, like resets of your own network, having to re dial-up (like getting booted on AOL) also are out of our control.

The timeouts prevent say, you going on a fire call, half done your post, then have someone else post it as you with comments you wouldnt want. Thats just one of many reasons it times out your login.

Or, just to be sure, before you hit the 'submit reply' button, just copy what you just did. That way, if you are timed out, you can just log back in and paste it all. Only takes a few seconds.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

Webbies:
    You're doing a great job. No complaints here. How's the website coming for the IACOJ? I can hardly wait.
    Keep up the good work.
    You know, with over 1300 posts, we might just have an associate membership available in the IACOJ! Let me ask President Gonzo.
    Gonzo?
    IMACOJ and proud of it.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Webteam position in the IACOJ

Chief Reason...excellent idea!

The Firehouse.com Webteam was, is and will always be an integral part of the IACOJ.

By the power invested in me as "el Presdidente", I hereby appoint the Firehouse.com Webteam as the IACOJ Communications Commission!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks, Gonzo:
    Every now and then I can come up with one. In no way was I making an attempt to brown nose or suck up to the WebTeam for an IACOJ website.
    You know, I have been thinking about the logistical issues for our organization. Here's what I suggest:
    1)Hold a scheduled monthly meeting on the last Sunday of the month at 8:00pm. I will, in the absence of JTL take agenda items from the members during the month. I will email the agenda to you for your approval. After that, I will post the agenda here prior to the meeting start time. Discussion will take place on each item by keystroking them to the IACOJ thread. Should an item require a vote, it will be done for one hour after the conclusion of the meeting. The meeting will last one hour, so votes, should there be any, will take place between 9:00 to 10;00pm.
    2)Committees should hold their meetings in the same fashion; their report will be in addition to the minutes to the meetings.
    3)It is a primitive way to do it, but we don't have the means yet to conference.
    4)Suggestions to improve this system are welcomed.

Thread Information