Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ambulance

Forum Member

Last year we bought a brand new Braun. We bought it with an E-450 Chasis. Its the top of the line Braun, cost us I think right around 130,000. Somewhere between 120,000 and 130,000, but you wouldn't have to go all out like we did. Its a nice rig let me tell ya though. It came with some stuff. Full Code 3 Lighting system, um and Sirens. Thats about it. We had to install all radios, and all supplies, which were just moved from the old rig to the new one, and stuff like that. Its nice. We got the hydraulic lift of oxygen bottle, you don't need that really. But nice stuff to have sometimes.

If you were really interested we just sold our 1993 Ford E-350 for 7500 bucks I do belive, somewhere in that ballpark, I don't watch the money, lol not my job, bad in math, but anyways it was a nice rig. Had about 87000 miles on it. Sold it to Jamestown a paid department nearby.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Forum Member

If you will consider a used truck. Affordable Fire Equipment in Oklahoma can put you in a really nice truck for just a little $$$
    Call them at 1-800-947-9503.
    Brian Cook
    Asst. Chief

Question

The $100,000.00 number is in the right ball park. You also need to consider the cost if training your EMT's. In Ohio the National Registery course will run you around $300 to $400.00 a head and 4 to 6 months to complete. The advanced course is more and takes longer to do. I don't know where you are in Ill. but Horton in Columbus Ohio has a superior product. We have 2 4x4 type 1's ((box with pick-up front)1 Ford,1 GMC) and have had very little trouble with them. You can get less expensive units but the quality is not there. Our dept has 38 members, all volunteer. Of the 38, 16 are also EMT's and 7 new EMT students who just tested. We run in the neighborhood of 375 ems runs a year and 110 fire related runs.
    Lt. Homer

Code blue hit it right on the head. But to answer your ? our 2000 full mod w/ extin. cab came in at around 82,000

Forum Member

thanx for all the replies. this post came from a discussion we had at one of our fire meetings. our depts doesnt have a ambulance but there is a bigger town that has a few paid guys and a couple busses. last year they lost like 400,000+ dollars running calls for other depts and stuff. well now they want to raise there charges for running calls for these smaller depts. well for how much money they lost and how much they are complaining i was mad when they just bought a 90+ thousand dollar ambulance. now before u jump down my throught for being mad they bought something to help peeps u should know that there other 2 busses are like 98 or 99's i dont think they would be that bad after only 3 or 4 years. but if we have an accident in our district the county 911 dispatches them and they roll 1 bus, 1 pumper, 1 heavy rescue, and a cop. if they would dispatch us they could let the other fd roll the cop and bus and rescue along with us we could be at the accident by the time there equipment was just getting to the edge of town and let them know if they even needed the bus or rescue because in illinois( as in all the other states) u have to report accidents to the cops for insurance purposes. yes this is the county dispatch screwup but the chief of this dept. is the E911 chairman for the county and hasnt done nothing about it yet. we had a trustees meeting with him last week and i havent found out how that turned out yet.
    Last edited by firefighterox; 07-11-2002 at 01:57 PM.
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

if buying an used ambulance, need to contact the state health department and find out if that is fessible. here in texas if an ambulance is older then 10 years it must be inspected every year. if it fails or misses a year then the ambulance can not be certified to transport patients.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Thread Information