Default Property or asset stickers

Does anyone know where "Property Of______ Fire Department" stickers can be purchased ??These may be known as asset tags.
    We are wanting to label our equipment and color code by truck.

Forum Member

Any good printer or sign maker should be able to do them for you.

Or you can do it yourself by purchasing a label maker (the new type with a keyboard, not the old dial type) and use different color tape.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Forum Member

Just about any print shop should be able to do them or order them. We use a water resistant 1" x 2" label with red lettering on a white background. You can also stencil equipment that a label such as hose will not work on. Shop around for the labels. We found a fair price difference from different shops on the labels.

We also use color coded painted bands on handles of hand tools. Each department has their own code so it is easy to sort out tools when the incident is over.

Forum Member

lustre-cal is the brand we have. they are not like typical paper stickers. they are very durable! my sticker has been on my pager for over a year and a half, and is still readable and is not even beginning to come off! it is almost like a metal sticker. this is the second brand of stickers we have had. our dept and also the county and the school system uses them to label stuff. i cant remeber prices. their website is www.lustre-cal.com
    Last edited by HF&R_H28; 05-19-2002 at 02:28 PM.

Forum Member

We use colored electrical tape to color code our tools. Anything with blue on it belongs to station 1 then has another color for individual companies, for instance our new engine's tools are coded red,white,and blue. Which is engien 5 a 2002 Seagrave. Then engine 3 is yellow on blue, and Rescue 1 is white on blue. Then the ladder Truck 3 at station 2 is marked yellow on orange. And their engine ,engine 4 is still marked red n blue because it just went from here to there. On the tape we usually write LFD on it so other departments know it is ours.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Sr. Information Officer

Post Asset Labels

I'm sure there are thousands of vendors to choose from. Examples with names and barcodes can be found at:

http://www.mavericklabel.com/asset.html

They tell you where to "stick it."
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

If you're looking for those that can be made for you, I had some made out of the "Our Designs" catalogs that get mailed to fire departments. If you don't get those magazines, you can go to ourdesigns.com.
    J. Adam Berry
    Deputy Chief
    Griffith Fire Department

Forum Member

We get ours from Custom Advertising in Berwick, PA...

www.customad.com

I order ours from www.thefirestore.com
    as for color coating, I use 3M reflective tape. You can get it at just about any place that makes signs. The good thing about it is that it is tough to get off so tools don't grow legs as fast, also it's pretty durable.

Thread Information