Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R & K Aerials

Question R & K Aerials

I would like to know more about R & K Aerials. I saw one at the Harrisburg Expo and would like to know more. I would also like to know where they are located and if they have a website.
    Fyrtrks

Rk ladders are made by Rosenbauer and are marketed by Ferrara, General, Central Fire and other compagnies that don't make their own aerials.

Go see http://www.rosenbauer.com/, in the compagny section select locations and click on america. It will give you their US address.

i hope this helps

I believe the company that builds them is a small operation that is run by a former employee of Smeal. They build a good quality product as I don't ever recall hearing a complaint about an R-K aerial. The company may also be located in, or near, Snyder, Nebraska.

MembersZone Subscriber

RK Aerials
    870 S. Broad Street
    Fremont, Nebraska 68025
    402-721-7622
    email = rkaerials@hotmail.com

The previous post is correct. RK is about half owned by the Rosenbauer group. RK builds aerial devices for several apparatus manufacturers that do not build their own aerial devices at their own plants.

Our department has an RK Aerial (105' tower) on an aerial truck built by Luverne that will be delivered in the near future. Please email me at harold.thiele@miamitwp.org if you would like to discuss further. (I can forward my phone number to you by email).

It is by far NOT a Smeal ladder. Missing all the quality components and the testing to be called that.

Who is this Fyrtrks guy anyway. If he thinks the Ahrens Fox is good truck and likes the RK?

Enough said.

Unhappy Come on be nice.

LadderManiac

Brother Hagy did not say that the RK Areial is a Smeal he said the RK is being built by a former Smeal employee. Please read more carefully.

I did not say that I liked RK areials, I was asking for feed back about these units so I might make an informed decision.

I do like the Ahrens Fox by HME just as you may like Pierce or KME. I try not to "abuse" others opinions of there preference in apparatus. I feel if you like one manufacturer and you neighbor likes another that is fine.

If I like brand ABC or brand XYZ I am not going to waste the time of another manufacturer to bid on my units, just for him to be cast out in the bid evaluation process.

Comming from a sales standpoint if a department tells me no thanks I will not waste their time by speaking to deaf ears.

If you would like to know more about by all means please ask an I will be happy to talk to you.

Thanks

Dan Jenkins
    Fyrtrks Firetrucks

Thread Information