Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minitor III (3)

Thumbs down minitor 3's

i can tell u first hand that the minitor 3 is no good we just spent 1,ooo.oo's of dollars on them and u can not hear a thing on them so i would stay with minitor 1 or 2 thank you
    sean noonan
    west clinton co # 1
    statsburgh new york
    sean

Forum Member

1 & 2 parts are becoming scarce. The 3 has been replaced by the 4, which changed the knobs to prevent accidental movement. I have been trying to maintain a fleet of 2's, and they are not much better than what I have heard about the 3's. Must have got a Friday after lunch batch of 'em.

Dave

Default Minitor IV Order

A follow-Up --- Just found out that my company ordered 6 of the Minitor IV Units. So in the next 4-6 weeks we'll find out how well they work I suppose

I had a III...i dont like it for the most part because on A i am supposed to get just fire calls...I get both fire and EMS...B is supposed to be where I get both fire and EMS...I like the vibrate option I can turn on in class...but the reception has problems sometimes...overall I think its ok as long as the settings are alright...but Motorola came out with IV and I assume they fixed the gripes on the III on these...I might check those out
    Firefighter, Gettysburg Fire Department
    Adams County Pennsylvania Company 1

My wife and I have one each of the III's. Mine doesn't pick up radio traffic very well and the buttons have come off twice.

I do like the vibrate feature.

I also miss my Minitor 2.
    Another lifetime volunteer proud to serve my community.

Default BD032

I happen to have one of those great Minitor I's (in my opinion they are more like a brick. garage door openers ted to be smaller and lighter) but I am looking to upgrade to a II or III. Of those of you with the III's, how many of you have low band and get good reception?

Thread Information