Forum Member

Lightbulb Firematic racing

I'm an explorer in Buffalo New York and I was wondering if there are any explorer posts out there that particiapte in firematic racing. Thank you very much.

Default Ahh....

As in racing equipment, I dont think so...
    ***The opinions above belong to me. They do not represent my affiliation***
    (Visit us at www.randolphfire.org)

Forum Member

This doesn't have racing equpitment. This is racing some of the races we do is the buckeg brigade, 3 man ladder, effiency, and some others. You just need hose to start this.

Forum Member

Default YES WE DO!!

Im in the Central NY Region, bout 10 minutes north of Syracuse. We do all sorts of races, 5 man wye race, bucket brigade, equipment race, midnight alarm, and a few others. Email me for more info. nsfd321@hotmail.com

Brendan
    -Stay Safe

Forum Member

We do competitions. Thats when we do that sort of stuff. Infact last year we held a competition but we were new to it, and we only had three things. Bucket Brigade, Hose Roll and a race to connect a hose to the pumper and knock down a wooden flame we had on a barrel. We are looking into doing another one this year, but I would like to know of some more events we could do to make it a "bigger deal" and hopefully draw in some more departments. Thanks, Brendan, when I get back online at home I will talk to ya about some more events if ya know of some.

later
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTFD174 View Post
    I'm an explorer in Buffalo New York and I was wondering if there are any explorer posts out there that particiapte in firematic racing. Thank you very much.

i'm from copenhagen new york and we have something similar to the explorer program but it's called the ram (restricted active member) but we could participate in the firematics at 16 and my cousin brother and i have all done it since we've been 16, we were just never able to get off the trucks.

Forum Member

we do individual, 3 man ladder, efficency, motor pump, buckets, motor hook and ladder class b and c and motor hose class b and c and motor hose replacement as well as buckets. i think it would be interesting to hear about how differently we all run the races.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfcmitch View Post
    We do competitions. Thats when we do that sort of stuff. Infact last year we held a competition but we were new to it, and we only had three things. Bucket Brigade, Hose Roll and a race to connect a hose to the pumper and knock down a wooden flame we had on a barrel. We are looking into doing another one this year, but I would like to know of some more events we could do to make it a "bigger deal" and hopefully draw in some more departments. Thanks, Brendan, when I get back online at home I will talk to ya about some more events if ya know of some.

later

there are some races we use to do back in the day that are quite interesting to watch

Do a water battle! Almost all of the fire departments in my county participate in a water battle at our county fair! We get a large audience, and everyone loves to see that the fire department does more than just serious business. If you want to know more about what a water battle is, the rules, the "court", just email me at alisha.fern@firehousemail.com

It's a great way to get your community involved (and you can also do it as a fundraiser!!!!)
    Explorer Assistant Chief Alisha Fern

Leadership: The ability to guide, direct, and influence others.

Leadership can be thought of as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and expands a vision of the future.

alisha.fern@firehousemail.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer Asst Chief Fern View Post
    Do a water battle! Almost all of the fire departments in my county participate in a water battle at our county fair! We get a large audience, and everyone loves to see that the fire department does more than just serious business. If you want to know more about what a water battle is, the rules, the "court", just email me at alisha.fern@firehousemail.com

It's a great way to get your community involved (and you can also do it as a fundraiser!!!!)
    you ever used the deck gun during a water battle?
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RS1606 View Post
    you ever used the deck gun during a water battle?
    Why would you want to do that???

You can hurt someone very badly with a deck pipe. They should never be used like that.

I can make you wish you hadn't come out on the yard with a 2-1/2" line using a 1-1/8" solid tip as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    Why would you want to do that???

You can hurt someone very badly with a deck pipe. They should never be used like that.

I can make you wish you hadn't come out on the yard with a 2-1/2" line using a 1-1/8" solid tip as well.
    you dont spray it right at them, you aim it above them so it all rains down. ya get soaked.
    Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Thread Information