Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default 9/11 special on HBO, 05/26?

Afternoon everyone. I had heard from one of the guys here in the station that HBO has a special on 9/11 this Sunday, May 26 at 9:00 PM. It's been advertised on the local media as "controversial" because of it's graphic nature (I understand that it shows victims jumping from the Towers) and the fact that it might be too soon to be airing such images. OTOH, it might be argued that in order to keep 9/11 in the minds of Americans, that it's not too early at all. HBO website lists it as new footage following Mayor Guiliani during the crisis. Any comments-is it indeed too early to be showing this?
    Lt. David Walters
    Station 10-A
    MFD

Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

It's on HBO, so it's not like "everyone" will see it, such as the CBS footage.

It's in TV Guide with an interview with Rudy.

That's part of the problem, subscription TV has the ability to show more then regular broadcast television. I've seen two or so ads for it and at least one review stated "for the first time, you'll be able to see 7 victims jumping from the Towers". Just seems a bit too insensitive for me, I don't need that kind of reality.
    God Bless all the men and women murdered on 9/11.
    Lt. David Walters
    Sta. 10-A
    MFD

i think the broadcast of the show is good for everyone that has forgot about 9-11 and even though it is controversial it should still be played. if u dont wanna watch it then dont watch it.

god bless everyone

Thread Information