Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Cool Puget Sound Federal Fire

Anyone have any info on Fed Fire in Puget Sound? Looking to transfer. Do they run alot, any mutual aid, are they short on man power like the rest of us? any info would help thanks
    Never pet a burning dog, that would be stupid!

Heres a link to there web page . Hope it helps.

http://www.iafflocalf282.org/firemain.htm

We are stationed in Bremerton and are served by Puget Sound Fed.Fire.

The station here in Jackson Park is pretty slow, mainly good for mutual aid and EMS calls. A couple of weeks ago they did mutual aid for 2 structures in 2 days--one was a house that was a complete loss, and another was a pizza joint.

Bangor is a good station to get. Great folks there, great apparatus(Jackson Park only has an engine).Fair amount of calls.

Keyport and Indian Island are pretty slow in terms of calls from what I've heard.

I'm not familiar with Battalion 3, since those bases are on the other side of the sound.

If you'd like to hook up with one of the firefighters from Puget Sound and get some more info let me know and I'll pass on your email if you'd like.

Take care,

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

Forum Member

Lady
    If you could pass it on the more info the better, thanks

kphiggins@yahoo.com
    Never pet a burning dog, that would be stupid!

widbey island wa from cobb island maryland

Default puget

darnet. you don't take pm's umm well as i was going to tell you. im stationed at nas whidbey island. several memebers of district 2 souths vollie departments run with puget. i can get you the info you want but send me a list of all you want to know eith via pm or e-mail carpet_6@yahoo.com. it may take me till monday to get it cus that is our meeting but i will do my best to get it to you. on a lighter note, intrested in joining a find vollie department??? district 2 south is i nice place to try

me
    The words on my post are my thoughts, my thoughts have nothing to do with the department in which I volunteer, and other organizations I work

i do it all for the money, yup i make the big bucks!!!!
    cobb island VOLUNTEER fire department and ems CO 6
    whidbey island VOLUNTEER fire department and ems station 25

Forum Member

Default Hey Lady_in_turnouts...

Isn't Bangor manned by contract FF's? I thought a few years back a guy I know went to Bangor as a contract FF and worked for Ratheon...but then again I heard yesterday that they are losing the contract a hiring DOD Federal FF's?...

Devildog, I *believe* they are federal also but dont know for sure. Savingyou, could you verify for us??

Lady.
    "Let every nation know..that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty"---JFK, Jan.1961

widbey island wa from cobb island maryland

Exclamation ok

im still working on tring to get the web site but i talked to one of the guys from base he told me try usajobs.com and search it he said that there is alot of the fedral jobs listed and just because it doesn't say puget sound washington doesn't mean that yakima aint it he said that it could be the "main office" for washington. he doesn't remeber. but there is a ton of listings according to him i haven't been there myself he is sending me more info asap, but he is working today sooo.......
    The words on my post are my thoughts, my thoughts have nothing to do with the department in which I volunteer, and other organizations I work

i do it all for the money, yup i make the big bucks!!!!
    cobb island VOLUNTEER fire department and ems CO 6
    whidbey island VOLUNTEER fire department and ems station 25

Thread Information