Default Hello to all my fellow Firefighters and Officers

Just wanted to drop a line and say hi to everybody that uses the firehouse forum. I plan on being a permanent fixture to this forum so thought I would share alittle bit about myself. I am Chief Ken Smith of the Rock Hall Volunteer Fire Department in Kent County Maryland. My fire department covers 100 square miles of rural farm land, the Chesapeake Bay and the Chester River which consist of small fishing and farming towns, a federal wildlife refuge and old nike missile base. We serve a population of 2500 people and during the summer from May to September our population doubles with the deluge of boaters, fisherman and hunters from the Md., Pa. and NJ areas. My fire department consist of 70 active members of which 30 ride and provide fire and ems services. We have 12 pieces of fire apparatus which consist of 2 ambulances, 1 command unit, 2 engine, 1 rescue, 1 truck, 1 brush unit, 1 air cascade unit, 1 water tanker, 1 boat and a 1 hazmat trailer. Our closest mutual aid company is 15 miles away so with the comliment of equipment we have we are able to handle most types of calls with great success.

Chief Ken Smith
    Chief 7 Ken Smith

widbey island wa from cobb island maryland

Thumbs up hi

Hello Chief,

Welcome to the FireHouse Fourms. I am a fellow Marylander. Was a vollie in Charles County. Belive Iv been thru your county several times on my way to Ocean City. Very pretty there as I recall. Have a good one and ride safe.
    The words on my post are my thoughts, my thoughts have nothing to do with the department in which I volunteer, and other organizations I work

i do it all for the money, yup i make the big bucks!!!!
    cobb island VOLUNTEER fire department and ems CO 6
    whidbey island VOLUNTEER fire department and ems station 25

Thread Information