Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Looking for a Department that is hiring

I live in St louis county but i'm willing to travel so i'm looking for a good department that is hiring. Can anyone help?

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue.

There was post earlier on the requirements needed.

Not sure how long you are willing to wait but West Metro Fire-Rescue just outside of Denver, CO will start the hiring process in Jan 2003. Great department in a beautiful part of the country.
    If a fire is an emergency to the fire dept., who do they call?

Rodchester, MN is supposed to hire this fall. You need to have a National EMT-b. Thats the only requirement that I'm sure of. Good luck in your search.

The Davenport Fire Department of Davenport Iowa will be testing this summer, check out the city of Davenport website for more information, let me know if your interested cuz I can give you a coupon which will entitel; me to 12 hours of paid time off if you make the list, here is my email address

Thanks

Kelly Johnson

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

FDNY has an application filing going on now.

www.fdny.org
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

FDNY has an application filing going on now.
    Yeah. You, me, and 50,000 of our closest friends and associates will be there. I figure it's teh coup de gras of the fire service.

The New Hampshire Fire Academy is running their statewide exam in September. The application deadline is in early August so you will need to contact them as soon as possible. National Registry EMT certifications are required by many of the departments and prior certification and training as well. Reciprocity for firefighter I or II certs are extremely easy to obtain so long as you have state certifications. Well worth the try. The physical agility portion of the test is TOUGH! You need to be in good shape and you can't just walk in to take it or you'll be in deep trouble.

Also. Departments ALL over Florida are hiring. Most want Medics and you need to be a Florida certified firefighter, which I understand is no walk in the park to get either, from within the state or from outside of the state.

Check in the classified section at the top of the page here. There are a fair amount of postings nationally there. I hear Texas is hiring like crazy too. That's just too damned hot though.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Baltimore city, MD is accepting applications till July 26th with the test being given in November. Contact the HR dept of Baltimore City for further info. http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/govern...nel/index.html
    When Life Is On The Line. We Are Never Off Duty.

Lightbulb Corpus Christi Texas

The City of Corpus Christi, Texas, will be conducting a firefighter examination on Friday, August 30th at 9:00 a.m.

How to file for the exam: The completed application, including all documentation, must be postmarked and/or received by the Human Relations Department by 5:00 p.m. on July 26, 2002. Applications period is from July17th, to July 26th.

Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 1201 Leopard St., Human Resources (2nd floor) or mailed to: The City of Corpus Christi, Human Resources Department, Fire Recruiter, P.O. Box 9277, Corpus Christi, Tx 78469
    You may also download an application at www.ci.corpus-christi.tx.us

Questions concerning the exam can be directed to Sylvia Garcia, at 361-880-3323 or Joann Espinosa, 361-880-3326

Arrow Louisville, Ky

One more!

The City of Louisville, Kentucky will conducting a firefighter examination on, Saturday, August 24, 2002.

How to file for the exam: Applications may be obtained from the Civil Service Board, 1st floor, city hall, 609 W. Jefferson St. Applications can be mailed to you if you live more than 35 miles from Louisville by calling 502-574-3601. Applications may also be downloaded at www.louky.org

Filing dates: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m, July 1 - 26, 2002

If you have any questions concerning the exam they may be directed to, 1-800-264-6029 or 502-574-3854

The Springfield Missouri F.D. is hiring

www.springfieldmogov.org

Then click on city job openings
    Steve
    Proud member of the IACOJ
    SUA SPONTE
    "I've got no respect for any young man who won't join the colors."
    ~Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Yeah. You, me, and 50,000 of our closest friends and associates will be there
    50,000, this is the first online application the FDNY ever ran. I think you better add a zero to that 50,000

BTW, here's the link to the best job in the world:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/co...refighter.html

Capital City Fire/Rescue in Juneau, Alaska. www.juneau.lib.ak.us, click on "jobs"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Date extended

As I stated earlier:

Baltimore city, MD is accepting applications till July 26th with the test being given in November. Contact the HR dept of Baltimore City for further info. http://www.ci.baltimore.md.us/gover...nnel/index.html

But with an update. The filling date has been extended to either Aug. 2nd or the 30th. An internal bulletin said Aug 2nd but the announcemnt says the 30th, gotta love city gov't. You want the job, you can do the calling to find out. Good luck.
    When Life Is On The Line. We Are Never Off Duty.

Thread Information