Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Question Leather Bunker Boots: Best Ones?

I am currently looking to buy a pair of leather bunker boots. Any opinions out there on which ones are the best and why you think so? My main criteria is quality/comfort and not cost... Any input would be greatly appreciated...

-Brian

Default Best boots

I love my Warrington pro‘s. 5 years No leaks!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pro Warringtion

I have two pairs of the Pro Warringtons. I would recommend them to everyone. Once you wear leather you'll never wear rubber.

P.P.

Warringtons- They are a little more expensive then others, but you get what you pay for!(check www.thefirestore.com)Warringtons are the best for quality. comfort, and durability. They are the most comfortable pair of boots I have ever owned! I have both 14" bunker and 10" zip, never had a problem with them.
    G
    Firefighter / Paramedic / EMS Coordinator

"poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine"

my opinions only- not those of my agency or local.

i really like my FireWalkers. I have had no problems yet and other members havent either.
    Jeff Gurski

Default Best ones would have to be.....

The ones that prevent you from burning your feet the most.
    Doc DC3<br />ex FDNY (E74)

We switched over from Rangers to Warringtons...the kevlar toes on the Rangers got torn up too easily. I love the Warringtons, fit wonderfully, and protect your feet really well. Only complaint about the Warrington (if you can call this a complaint...) - they fit so well, you have to sit down and pull hard to get 'em off, or use the heel puller, until they break in...but that doesn't take too long.
    My views are, of course, mine alone, and do not necessarily represent the opinion of my station

"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. " ~ Robert Ingersoll

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Leather bunker boots

I just purchased a pair of Pros, and actually used them for the first time last night on duty. I had a pair of Lees prior and they gave me good service. Remember that Gortex is only good for about 10,000 flexs, (ie. walking), and you still need to waterproof them occasionally, though I have not experienced any leaks in my old boot. Another posting stated you get what you pay for. FDNY issues them, and the Brothers rave about them, so something must be right!

been wearing the warrington pro's for about 3 years and LOVE them.. so much that about every other month another member of our FD has been going over to them... one by one... they are the greatest firefighting boot made
    Shevais M. Shrum
    Western Wake Fire Rescue

Thumbs up

WARRINGTON PRO ALL THE WAY NO QUESTION..YOU WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE
    HOWEVER THEY FIT BETTER, WEAR BETTER AND LAST LONGER AND WELL WORTH IT

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Warrington PRO all the way. Had Black Diamonds, those were good but they were a little tight in the foot. Plenty of room in the PRO's. Really comfortable.
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Thread Information