Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Talking San Antonio Bound!

Hi Guys-

Well, I'm heading off to the Army in 10 days and shutting down the computer...won't have access until at least September. Just wanted to say "Thanks" for a great time on these forums...I've learned a lot about the biz and about how a lot of you tick (MONGO )

By the way, Mongo, be ready...Army chicks will be on their way for that steak dinner!

Drop me a note if any of you are from the San Antonio area! I'm gonna need a margarita as soon as I can get some leave, so lets all get together!

Stay low and safe!

Krista
    Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
    - Phillips Brooks

MembersZone Subscriber
    No. Providence R.I. : Land of the "How ya doins"

Good Luck!! Hope it isn't too hot down there for you!!
    "I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling."

Edward F. Croker
    Chief 1899-1911
    Fire Dept. City of New York

HOOK N' CAN of the I.A.C.O.J.

Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

have a safe trip. come back soon.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Cool Good Luck

Good Luck, what are you going down there for? AIT? Well your comming in the absolute most hot time. Enjoy. Try to get to the river walk and stay away from the Air Force pukes!!! (know someone will take offense to that) Be Safe...
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Find the Irish Pub on the Riverwalk. Yes, Irish Pub in Texas! Piano player is great and gets the place jumpin'. Plenty of Killian's and Guiness on tap and peanuts on the floor.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Talking Tip for San Antonio

Good advice from a native of San Antonio who tells me:

Don't squat while wearing spurs.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thats right, Drewbo - AIT for Nursing (91WM6) I'll be there for 18 months, and graduating 2 days after my 30th BDay (Hence, I'm having the biggest birthday bash SA has ever seen! ;D )
    Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
    - Phillips Brooks

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Good luck Krista, and enjoy your time doin' that grunt stuff. Take care and we will talk to ya when your done.

Keep your butt down and your eyes up! Stay Safe.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Have fun! SA is one of the best towns around so enjoy. Dirty Nellies is the pub but dont miss Dicks last Resort, the Moon and other local favs. If you run in to a Bar keep that gos by the name of "The Bird" stay clear he has been causing trouble for a few years. Ft. Sam is a good Posting with plenty to do on post. There is more to do then the River Walk so explore the city. Hey Drewbo well as Ft.Hood Iwas there as well and it does get hot. Why domt you come in from the feild and see what livin is like in the Air Force. Trust me an AF FF is better the life as a 12 bravo at FT. Hood.
    SRA Matt Reichle
    Driver/operator
    USAF Fire Protection

Looking for the Penguin that stole my beer.

Talking Texas Heat Sucks

Hey, Knew I'd stir the pot with the Air Force crack... Your right USAF FF, if I was in a air conditioned job, I'd probably not mind Texas as much. But... I like being the leader of dirt eating, pic the sand out of your teeth, going for a week without showering, driving the HMMWV's like you stole them grunts. Well at least that is my story I'm telling ya. And once I'm back to FF'ing I'll have great tales to tell...

The place is not bad though, went to a water park north of San Antonio (Shlutterbond- I can't spell it, but that is how it sounds, it is the world's #1 waterpark) and made the mistake of taking my shirt off. Well my white Pennsylvania skin was extra crispy and now I'm paying for it. Little lesson to ya', the Texas sun is no joke, even on a 80 degree, partly cloudy day. San Antonio does have a lot of neat things, it was only in the past few months that I finnaly got away from the Riverwalk/ Alamo area. Hopefully your AIT lets you have weekend passes so you can see it all.

Well good luck again to ya Crash. Later
    ---NO RETREAT... NO SURRENDER---

______Look Ma'... No Hands______

Drew and Chic,
    Yall drop over to Llano and eat some good barbque at Coopers in town and come up and play in the Highland Lakes. The temp today is 105 in the shade. I think you will be busy at BAMC. A good hospital.
    Yall have a good time here. Larry

Thread Information