Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quick question

Default quick question

I missed the story about stayback and the sign can someone plese fill me in? Im sure I'd love to hear it
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I am not sure of the exact details but apparently while on a MVA call, he had an up close and personal experience with a stop sign. Somehow he got clocked in the head with it, or something like that. FF26 was the one who passed the story to me, so I know he has more detail on it.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thanks Malahat.....ff26 can you give me more details on the situation???
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

Sure could Matt.

As a well-trained, dedicated, and decorated officer that StayBack is, he is sometimes forced to make difficult decisions that sometimes place personnel in dangerous settings. He has always said that he'd never ask a firefighter to do something he wouldn't do myself... so as a display of heroic bravery he took it upon himselfself to step forth from his lofty officer's seat on his engine and tread perilously into the dark unknown to upright a STOP sign. He did this so that motorists would have something to run through as they rubbernecked at all the fallen trees and structural damage. After carefully bending the sign to 3/4 upright, his wet gloves failed to hold their grip and TWWWWAAAAAANNNGGGGG!!!! the savvy old veteran took one for the team!! From 0 to 60 in less than a minute, he had a face full of sign.
    Incident critique???--- Stayback learned NOT TO punch the sign if when this happens, it only hurts your hand!

Rock and Roll Stayback, I'd follow you into a fire... or at least use you as a shield during traffic control
    Last edited by firefighter26; 06-01-2002 at 02:13 AM.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

yall are right that is hilarious!!!
    LADIES LOVE ME.
    FLAMES FEAR ME.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Talking The moral of the story...

Even when life deals you a lousy hand...let it leave a lasting impression on you!

(Staybacks got an octagon shaped one on his forehead!)
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Stayback is dyslexic.

Someone told him to "Face the sign."

so he "sign's the face"

Thread Information