Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Federal Firefighter/Paramedics

I am a Firefighter/EMT at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Barstow CA. There are five of us here getting ready to attend Paramedic School starting this month. The department is giving us the time to go, paying the tuition and books. I am trying to find out which DOD facilities already have the Medic program in place. I have some questions such as resupply, how they keep their skills up to snuff, etc etc. Maybe I could get some feedback about any of that. It would be much appreciated. Stay Safe

Where I came from, keeping up skills was your problem. Finally, after 12 years with the DOD, I left and got on with a civilian dept that runs ALS. We tried to get cooperation from the hospital, and we received crap. As far as I know, the Navy is the big leader with fire/medics.

Default FF/PM in VA

I am a FF/PM here in VA. I work for the Navy Regional Fire-Rescue Hampton Roads, VA. Fancy name for the same thing as Federal Fire San Diego. We are modeled after them except we are larger apporx 400-500 people. They took 6 bases and put us into one Dept. We have had an ALS program for 6 years now. We are GS-7's here althouh they are GS-8's in SD. we are hoping to get upgraded soon though. We have gotten pretty good support for our program the bases depend on us and we have a staffing contract that we will have ALS on duty 24 hours a day (at least one) All of our equipment we had to buy such as defibs, suction, etc but all soft goods we get replaced one for one just like any city here. Umm dont know whet else. I would be glad to help and talk more if you like. My email is vbbikerbums@aol.com.

Thread Information