Default What is your response time?

I was just wondering what yall's departments response time was from the time the page goes out to the tome the engine pulls onto the pad. And what eould u say your avgerage response time is to the scene? Our response time to the engine is between 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. our usual arrival time is usually around 5 minutes to a 10 mile radius.

Last edited by upinflames60; 06-04-2002 at 10:29 PM.
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Well,sine my department is paid,depending on traffic and the time of day,and distance the response time varies between 1-3 min. Since we have 8 stations through out the city,we always have a short response time.

Forum Member

on the average we have an engine rollin within 3 minutes of the page.

Also upinflames60 you have only posted 20 times and just signed in on may 29 2002. Hum? That makes you a rookie here so hush your trap. you asked What eveyones response time was so anyone can say what they wish.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

We have paid drivers, so we usually have a rig out the door within a minute or less, especially if we get a pre-alert. Most of our road times are anywhere from 2-3 minutes in district, if we`re doing mutual aid it`ll obviously be a little longer. We can usually have a second rig out driven by a volunteer within 2-3 minutes depending on the call, and who`s around.

Arrow depends

Depends on the time. if its one of those odd 1 pm times, then we can get the rescue or and engine rollin in like 4 or 5 minutes, but when we get a call at a out of work time for ppl, we can get one out in 2-3 minutes, plus it depends on the call, some ppl dont like some types of calls, so they dont go, i dont know why, they just dont, i dont have a problam with any of them. so i go to all i can Have a good day Everyone!
    IACOJ

Angry oh yeah

I know im not out of the rookie stage i think, but if you want to gain any credibility, upinflames60, dont go around badmouthing people. Even if you do get out of the "rookie" status, badmouthing someone only gets you no were, this was a question that anyone can answer. So dont say anything mean, it isnt polite, as well as it will make everybody not want to read your posts. Have a good day
    IACOJ

the kids not even in a fire department so he really cant post anything anyway. Sorry if i come off badmouthing but i mean i don't have any respect for a kid who gets on a firefighters webpage with a **** load of "the south will rise again" Sayings on his signature. i mean im a redneck and all but if you want to post that kinda of stuff then go somewhere else. but i dont want to come off as a number one ahole so i apologize and im taking the statement off.
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Forum Member

Talking

No problem upinflames60. Just as MFDjrfireman51 said the badmouthing will get you no respect here or anyone want to care what you have to post.
    "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

accully our responces run btwn 3-10 min
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

HNFC FF/President

It takes about 3-4 minutes for an engine to sign on radio responding from 3PM-midnight. Once the juniors and other guys are working, about 5 minutes. Takes about 4 minutes to arrive on location.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

Usually for a structure fire, our tanker is out in about 4 minutes and on its way. our engine will be out about the same time along with the heavy rescue. However is can take us up to aout 15 minutes to get on scene because we are in farm country man. It takes a long time with some of these gigantic hills around to get anywhere. Plus now there is road construction rigght on the bridge infront of the hall. So its down to one lane. I plan for this to add on anywhere from 2-5 minutes depending how the lights are working at the moment.
    Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
    Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
    Randolph Fire Co. Inc

we had an average response time last year of 2.7 min. this includes our automatic aid calls and when we were delayed in responding becouse of mutiple calls.
    I PROVIDE A NAMELESS FACELESS SERVICE TO A COMMUNITY THAT RARELY KNOWS HOW MUCH THEY NEED ME IF I AM CALLED FROM A SOUND SLEEP TO SACRIFICE MY LIFE TRYING TO SAVE THE PROPERTY OR LIFE OF SOMEONE I DO NOT KNOW I WILL DO SO WITHOUT REGRET
    From the book "The Heart Behind The Hero" from Jon Mc Duffie in memory of Joe Dupee LAFD

Thread Information