Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation A Chaplain Count

Dear Fellow Chaplains,

I wanted to find out how many of you exist on this board. I am pretty new here. I have been lurking on the boards for quite a while, so I finally decided to go ahead and join in.

Can you introduce yourself, and tell a little bit about your ministry?

My name is Wendy Norris. I am president of Firefighter Ministries and I am also a chaplain. I was a firefighter for several years until I was injured when I roof collapsed on me. Because of that experience I started Firefighter Ministries. We do a lot of spiritual and emotional care through the site, on the phone, by email, and in person. It's been really fullfilling to have changed to the other side of the fence.

Now it is your turn!
    Wendy Norris
    Fire Chaplain
    President, Firefighter Ministries
    www.theultimatefirehouse.com

Hi, Wendy!
    Does an old gray bearded retired chaplain count?
    I was with The Plains FD back in Athens County and fought fire for 21 years. Along with everything else I did while young, skinny and out to save the world: EMS, deputy marshal, etc.

Left the fire service to move to northern Ohio in search of employment. Nowadays I do the occasional wedding or funeral and mostly use my skills as calligrapher to fill out certificates for the local police department.

Linn Keller
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares, often end up plowing for those who did not." -- Ben Franklin

Hi, Wendy!
    Does an old gray bearded retired chaplain count?
    I was with The Plains FD back in Athens County and fought fire for 21 years. Along with everything else I did while young, skinny and out to save the world: EMS, deputy marshal, etc.

Left the fire service to move to northern Ohio in search of employment. Nowadays I do the occasional wedding or funeral and mostly use my skills as calligrapher to fill out certificates for the local police department.

Linn Keller
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares, often end up plowing for those who did not." -- Ben Franklin

Talking Thanks!

Thanks for your reply!! I was hoping we would get more replies! I guess it's just us two! LOL
    Wendy Norris
    Fire Chaplain

Permanently Removed PrivateJoker's Avatar

Post I HAVE THE UTTERMOST RESPECT FOR YOU

I'm not a chaplain but I appreciate your hard work and dedication! Thank you for looking after the spirits of those that risk their lives. Take care and God bless!

Default Thank You

Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate hearing that kind of feedback.
    Wendy Norris
    Fire Chaplain

Thread Information