Post MSA Clear Command communications modules

I am looking for information from departments that use the MSA Clear Command facepieces communications modules. This includes the Radio Interface modules as well as the voice amp. I am only looking for information specific to these modules.

What is the failure rate on the equipment?

How long has your department been using it?

Does it improve fireground communicatons?

Thanks you,

Capt SCBA

MembersZone Subscriber

We used to have MSA's with the voice box that connected right into the front and the breathing hose screwed into the box. We have recently switched to Scott now.

When we had MSA, we had the voice amplifying boxes for approx. 4-5 years. During this time we had no problems at all with them. I dropped mine in water several times and it still worked. The only problem I noticed was that they go through a lot of batteries. Ours had a 9 volt battery in them that I seemed to have to replace it about once a month or so.

The boxes worked great to improve fireground communications. Everyone could understand clearly what you were saying. I loved it because I teach a lot for the local college as well as in my own dept. and it saved me from a lot of yelling. One thing I noticed is that sometimes you tend to over modulate when your talking on the radio. I had to hold my radio about 6 inches or so away from my mask to prevent feedback and so everyone could understand me. Then again, that could just be me.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Thread Information