under the covers...ignoring the alarm clock!

Default Okay, I have a really dumb question!

Hey all,
    I just wanted to know where you guys all get those things that appear under your name every time you post something...I think they are called 'avtars"?? Not sure. Some are animated, some aren't. I was just curious; I am internet-ically challenged!
    Jen, EMT-B
    "I got lost in thought...it was unfamiliar territory."
    "I love mankind--it's people I can't stand" --Linus

Sr. Information Officer

Default Avatars

No such thing as a dumb question!

Go into your profile by clicking on "edit profile" in the left hand column of the page. Then find "edit options" in the top portion of the page and click on that.
    Go to the bottom of the page, where you will find info on avatars. They need to be no more than 50 x 50 pixels. If you want a custom avatar, you'll need to find clip art or an animated GIF file that meets the size criteria. Then, you would click on the box that prompts "change avatar" and then indicate yes for the choice "use custom avatar."

You'll need to provide the url for the image, or download the file from your hard drive.

Good luck! Remember...keep it no more than 50 X 50 pixels. (To see the dimensions of an image, right click on it and look at the "properties."
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

under the covers...ignoring the alarm clock!

Cool Beans! Thanks!
    Jen, EMT-B
    "I got lost in thought...it was unfamiliar territory."
    "I love mankind--it's people I can't stand" --Linus

JVB

Cool Cool!

I was going to ask the same thing about avtars! Good thing I opened my eyes and read a bit first!
    Guess it will take a bit before I find one I like!
    Hope you have a nice day!
    Jennifer
    (avtar? where does that word generate from???)

Hi,

I am a hungarian firefighter. I would like to correck the information about the hungarian bus crash from Reuters. The CNN was wrong too. So, they sad: a woman was in the wreck at least seven hours, but it is not correct. The truth is: the hole rescue last four hours, and nobody was longer than one hour in the wreck. So We are not worse than any other european fire-fighter team. I wish you less and less rescue!
    Konkrétcsávó

JVB

Smile Greetings

Thank you for the update! I am not a firefighter but I am a member of this Forum to obtain a better understanding. I saw the report on CNN and am really happy that you have set things straight. If you had not then I would, most likely, have believed what they said and that would have made the Hungarian Fire Department look bad. It makes me angry that these News Agencies can't get their facts straight. Good for us that people like you are around to tell us what really happened! I hope you have a very nice day and wish you the very best.
    Kind Regards
    Jennifer

Thread Information