Arrow all the silence, for how long though....

I read all the threads and posts about all the calls that go on, just to mix things up, whats the longest other dept./companies/etc. have gone without a call?
    IACOJ

Post UMM

I think my husbands dept went 2 days with out a call. The next day 880 acres burned and I didnt see him for bout 3 days...i think thats the longest call ive ever seen. Wow them brush fires sure spread FAST!
    I don't know nothin' bout nothin' so dont mind me!

the longest time we went without a call this year was 5 days. but we also get days were we get 7 in one day.
    Jeff Gurski

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

Talking

We've gone days without fire calls, how many I don't know, but days (we don't have an ambulance)....Our biggest stretch without an actual structure fire was just shy of two years. The Chief at the time almost did his entire 2-year term without one and he got teased for it, of course. Then we went 11 months (June 01 - May 02) and had two last weekend. So, now we're good for another year or so.

Forum Member

Just spent the first week I can recall in almost 7 years without a call. Still was on nights so at least I got to sleep all day for a change. On the flip side, we have had days when you almost will the thing to stop ringing. Longest on one continuous call was 22 hrs from 0300 which was spent running to & from 3 separate fires.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

just over two weeks. we run bout half a dozen calls a month on average. at times we get two or three calls in one day, but then we don't get another call for about a month. so we're slow.
    Who cares if we are volunteer or paid? Not the fire. We fight fire not each other. Get it straight my brothers and sisters.

Forum Member
    Why? It's not like you're going to visit me! But I'm near Waco, Texas

we just went 5 days without a call. then went and had 3 calls in 2 days. i think the longest we've gone is two weeks without a call. it was a nice quiet stretch that i wouldn't mind repeating.
    NREMT-P\ Reserve Volunteer Firefighter\Reserve Police Officer
    IACOJ Attack

Experts built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark.

Default HOW LONG?

Man, it's been about 2 hours and were already getting antsy. . .

Just kidding. I think over the summer we may go 2 or 3 days but we then get nailed to the wall. Ex: Tusday night 15 in about 4 hours. But we average about 2.25 cals a day over a years time.

Keep Safe,

James

District Chief

It seems to me that the longest I ever went was 7 days in my old volunteer department.

In a career station I worked in we (the engine company) went 20 working days without a daytime run.... Of course the ALS unit went on a few...but it was a very very rual station in a bedroom community.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

My boyfriend told me that he hasn't gone to a fire in about a month. But he works at a HAZMAT station and his last call was the day before he got on his 8 days.

I thing the longest we have ever gone without a call was about 6 days, and then as usual all hell breaks loose. The most we've had in one day was aprrox. 130, memorial day storm a couple of years ago. Longest fire i can remember was about 22 hours at a junkyard fire.(pictured to the left)
    9/11/01 forever in our hearts

Thread Information