Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chat rooms

Default chat rooms

Does anybody know of a good chat room for firefighters?

Administrator

Depends on what you want...

The Firehouse.com one is excellent. Don't go to Yahoo - it's a bunch of badge-bunnies trying to hook a firefighter (unless you're into that sort of thing )
    Spec. Krista M. Aukeman, United States Army

Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process.
    - Phillips Brooks

some of those in FH.com too crash. Just gotta be careful when you're chatting.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

I to would suggest firehoues.com chat. I know from experience that I have met some great people and become great friends with many of them. I even found someone who has become very special to me. Usually the conversation is good, and we have actually held a few "online classes" where we all agree to get together and discuss a certain topic.

I must point out that it does get a little sideways sometimes, but it is all in harmess fun.

However, I have to admit that since it was shut down for a couple of weeks about a month or two ago it has never returned to be the same place. I once spent 2-3 hours a day talking online with many friends, often having to wait 10-15 minutes for a spot to free up just so I could login. Since it has come back I don't even spend 30 mintues a week in there. A good portion of the good ol' regulars have yet to return. It is still worth a visit, but it isn't what it used to be, and I fear that it may never be that way again, which is bad because I eventually wanted to announce our wedding in the same place where we met... to bad there will only be one or two still around from those days
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Default Hey

I'm still there!!!!, sometimes
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Default A 2nd FH.com chat wedding??

FF26: Did you know that yours will be the 2nd FH.com chat wedding??

An FF from New Jersey met and married someone from Australia a year or so ago and got married!! I am racking my brains to think of the names!!

I, too, used to go there, but recently it has been all Jr.s. Maybe the webteam can set up a separate Jr.s chat room.??
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Chief Hank and =^.^= or as I like to call her, MEOW (tigey to everyone else).

I know them fairly well (hank thinks I am crazy and me and Tigey like to give him a hard time). They are also some of the regulars that are rare to show up anymore.

And yes, a wedding is in the future. It sorta would have been nice to include fh.com, but like I said, the chat has never been the same.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

THAT'S the names!!!!
    9/11/01 Never forget Never forgive

Dusty, working on Crusty IACOJ

Thread Information