Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 113
  1. #61
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    I ask the cheif if i go in or not, then i go in with the first 2 Adult's to go in.
    So your Chief must be some sort of god I guess if he knows that everythings good to go and you can go in..Which you shouldn't I don't care how crappy of a response your dept gets....I've been on a line with one other guy before and we made out just fine...No need to put you in harms way


    In my mind your chief should be charged for it
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan


  2. #62
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Criminal neglegence? Risk of injury to a minor? Blatant violation of even the simplest OSHA and NFPA? You're chief isn't exactly the best rolemodel in the world... I suppose you don't wear an air pack either, right? Because god knows you're too badass for that... this is lunacy.

  3. #63
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BPFire1618
    Criminal neglegence? Risk of injury to a minor? Blatant violation of even the simplest OSHA and NFPA? You're chief isn't exactly the best rolemodel in the world... I suppose you don't wear an air pack either, right? Because god knows you're too badass for that... this is lunacy.
    AGREED!!!!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  4. #64
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BPFire1618
    Criminal neglegence? Risk of injury to a minor? Blatant violation of even the simplest OSHA and NFPA? You're chief isn't exactly the best rolemodel in the world... I suppose you don't wear an air pack either, right? Because god knows you're too badass for that... this is lunacy.

    Takes a real badass to start cutting some one down over a computer too....

  5. #65
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    Takes a real badass to start cutting some one down over a computer too....
    He's not trying to be a "badass" man. He's stating fact. Your breaking so many laws by doing what you do and the worst is you don't even give a s**t. Depts like yours put a bad name on the fire service by allowing crap like this to happen. But I'd guess you'd have to open your eyes and get your head out of your butt to realize this
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  6. #66
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33
    the worst is you don't even give a s**t.
    When did i say that *******?

  7. #67
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Let's all just drop it, he's never going to understand no matter how many times we try to pry it into his head with the business end of a halligan. Let people like this dig their own graves (metaphorically I hope.)

  8. #68
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I personaly think that until you have fully understand all of the circumstances i wouldn't look down on another depratment, or the personal in it.

  9. #69
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    I personaly think that until you have fully understand all of the circumstances i wouldn't look down on another depratment, or the personal in it.
    First of all its personel...And secondly...Regardless of the "circumstances" its still friggin illegal...Get that much in your head..If your dept is letting this happen then yeah I can look down on your dept if I feel like it..

    And no you may not have said you don't give a s**t, but its obvious by the way you talk about this...If you did give a s**t then you wouldn't be doing this because you'd know the punishments that come along with what your doing..Plain and simple
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  10. #70
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Put this in your pipe and smoke it ******* i have been doing this since i was 14, i turned 18 on the third, do you not think that if it was in conflict with a law that it would have been noticed and taken care of or just maybe we found a soultion to get around it legally. hummm bet you didn't think that far smartass.

  11. #71
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    152

    Default

    *Tones* 589 on the air, fire department is requested for an investigation. Report of a fully involved FLAME WAR....

    Just let it go... he doesn't understand so just forget it. No use getting tied up in a flame war which will probably end up getting us in trouble. Just to all senior FFs reading this post, the actions of Hartse DO NOT represent the attitudes/actions of all juniors/cadets/explorers, so please do not have your opinions tainted. Most of us follow the rules just like everyone else.

  12. #72
    Forum Member HeavyRescueTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    Put this in your pipe and smoke it ******* i have been doing this since i was 14, i turned 18 on the third, do you not think that if it was in conflict with a law that it would have been noticed and taken care of or just maybe we found a soultion to get around it legally. hummm bet you didn't think that far smartass.
    wow, you turned 18 on the 3rd. I'm guessing of may? listen guys, this young buck has been 18 for a whole 20 days. He definately knows everything, we should all just stay quiet, because this guy who has been an adult for a wopping 20 days knows it all.

    Hartse, in response to your comment, I think your department may be ignorant to the actuall law, or they know that the law exists, but are chosing to ignore it. Do I think it is legal is any state for an under 18 year old person to enter an IDLH or structure fire on the first in hose line? absolutely not. not only is it illegal, it is dangerious, and if something would happen to you, OSHA, NIOSH, and every other government agency involved would fry your department and your department's leadership like an egg on a hot summer day.

    As I told you before, contact your state's department of labor. you ask the question. You want to show me up, good, but don't think I, or anyone else here, is just going to take your word for it, especially when it involves something like this. back up yoru "claims" with solid faces. give your state's Department of Labor a call, their number is (701) 328-2660. you can even call their toll free number, it's 1-800-582-8032. or even better, e-mail them, saying your a 14 year old boy who is on a fire department (be sure to give the name of the department) and you just wanted to make sure it was legal for you to be entering a buring structure with the first hose line in. let me know what they say.

    oh, btw, from the North Dakota (I believe that you are from ND) Child Labor Laws, Chapter 34-07-16 Prohibited employments and occupations of minors:

    Section 13
    "Any other employment not herein specifically enumerated that may be considered dangerous to life or limb or in which health may be injured or morals depraved."

    http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t34c07.pdf

    and I believe entering a working house fire may be considered dangerous to life or limb. and that's the last I will say in this thread, now you know, what you do with it is your bussiness, but at least you can't plead ignorance or "that isn't the law here" anymore. and before you say it doesn't apply to volunteers, volunteer fire departments are considered employers under the child labor laws.
    Last edited by DrParasite; 05-23-2006 at 10:02 AM.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

    FF/EMT/DBP

  13. #73
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    Put this in your pipe and smoke it ******* i have been doing this since i was 14, i turned 18 on the third, do you not think that if it was in conflict with a law that it would have been noticed and taken care of or just maybe we found a soultion to get around it legally. hummm bet you didn't think that far smartass.

    Wow...I'm sorry I ever doubted you, your holiness...


    Friggin joke you are....The way you talk about your dept I don't think they would do anything about it..Second off I seriously doubt the govt. is going to bend rules just for your dept man,no matter what your depts situation is..That why they call it laws...Thumbs Up to you though...You know all

    DrParasite...Well said chap...as usual
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 05-23-2006 at 04:34 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  14. #74
    Forum Member KTorak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lambertville, MI
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Our post doesn't respond with our department to calls or participate in regular department training/drills. The only time we're really functioning directly with the department is at community events when we assist them (tours, smokehouse, demonstrations,etc). We also help them around the station with clean up after calls and the like. Normally, we just do our drills at meetings.

    However, I wish we were able to respond to calls and assist at the scene in ways that weren't hazardous.

  15. #75
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concordfire
    just wondering but shouldn't your bottles always be full??? and shouldnt they always be checked often to make sure they are full?? what good is a half full air bottle???

    Yes.......Yes......and worthless.......

    Our SOP/SOG's clearly state that unless directed to do so by an officer, an SCBA tank that is not 100% full is not to be placed in service.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  16. #76
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    Default

    on my dept jrs can do anything and everything on a call xcept drive a rig or go interior but we are allowed to go interior for salvage and overhaul. We are allowed to fight a fire 24-7/365. And any FF is capable of making the first out truck. only our chief has red blue and so does our asst chiefs....in my opion i think that it is wrong to underestimate the jr FFs! jf FF should be greatly respected..im not saying that they arent but sitting here reading these forums that some FF think that we jrs useless...how many time have you used the jr ff to help you in any way possible and gladly done it for you...ALMOST all the time(saying almost bcuz there might b 1 or 2 cases)

  17. #77
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WFDdonk
    on my dept jrs can do anything and everything on a call xcept drive a rig or go interior but we are allowed to go interior for salvage and overhaul. We are allowed to fight a fire 24-7/365. And any FF is capable of making the first out truck. only our chief has red blue and so does our asst chiefs....in my opion i think that it is wrong to underestimate the jr FFs! jf FF should be greatly respected..im not saying that they arent but sitting here reading these forums that some FF think that we jrs useless...how many time have you used the jr ff to help you in any way possible and gladly done it for you...ALMOST all the time(saying almost bcuz there might b 1 or 2 cases)

    First of all, welcome to the forums WFDdonk. Secondly, please take this as a friendly piece of advice before you start to get cracked on, by using proper english grammar and punctuation you will be taken seriously and respected on these forums.

    Like has been said numerous times before, each FD has their own way of doing things that works for them. In some departments obviously, the jrs/explorers are used more in a tactical sense than in other departments. If I did not mention this above, I am an explorer and I consider our post very lucky to have the relationship that we do with our department.

    Some examples:
    - Just a few weeks ago our Asst. Chief came in and taught the explorers an Incident Command class
    - Just yesterday we rode in our city's memorial day parade
    - This past weekend a truck was taken out of service for us to use at a training day
    - We help out at most dept. functions (pancake breakfast, car show, open house)
    - We do fireworks standby with the dept.
    - And one of the most important, at least I think, is that the firefighters don't think that they are too good to talk to us explorers. There is not a firefighter on our dept. that wouldn't take the time to stop and talk to an explorer of help teach them something. And as a matter of fact, quite a few of the FF's are good friends of a few explorers.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  18. #78
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    First of all, welcome to the forums WFDdonk. Secondly, please take this as a friendly piece of advice before you start to get cracked on, by using proper english grammar and punctuation you will be taken seriously and respected on these forums.
    Amen to that!
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  19. #79
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BPFire1618
    *Tones* 589 on the air, fire department is requested for an investigation. Report of a fully involved FLAME WAR....

    Just let it go... he doesn't understand so just forget it. No use getting tied up in a flame war which will probably end up getting us in trouble. Just to all senior FFs reading this post, the actions of Hartse DO NOT represent the attitudes/actions of all juniors/cadets/explorers, so please do not have your opinions tainted. Most of us follow the rules just like everyone else.
    Ya i am sorry to say that i do not want to be a little pussy that stays back at the hall or watchs something happening from the sidelines. Until you come to my side of the woods keep your traps shut about something you know nothing about, hey here is a news flash for your east coast ***'s my dept is not the only place where age is not a factor. Get this Much through YOUR heads i have done this since i was old enough to swing a pulaski and probly have more experince than most of the other exploers on this site, so i higly doubt that the law is going to affect me this far into the ball game. Get over it.



    Later Alex

  20. #80
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    Ya i am sorry to say that i do not want to be a little pussy that stays back at the hall or watchs something happening from the sidelines. Until you come to my side of the woods keep your traps shut about something you know nothing about, hey here is a news flash for your east coast ***'s my dept is not the only place where age is not a factor. Get this Much through YOUR heads i have done this since i was old enough to swing a pulaski and probly have more experince than most of the other exploers on this site, so i higly doubt that the law is going to affect me this far into the ball game. Get over it.



    Later Alex
    You honestly don't get it..The law...Is Law..Your not invisible..It will catch up to you (hopefully) and when it does we'll all be sitting here laughing our "east coast a**es" off at you and your silly little dept..Its a federal law so therefore GUESS WHAT it doesn't vary from one coast to the other..Theres plenty of other jobs on a fire ground you can do man without doing interior and risking getting injured and your dept getting and s**t pretty much probably leaving your town without a fire dept to protect them..But then again your a god in the world of firefighting at the infinate age of 17 and that would never happen.

    P.S. BWAHAHAHAHAA..Thank you I haven't laughed like I did the whole time I read this post in a long time...Your sad attempts at being the big bad ***** explorer who does it all was rather amuzing
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts