Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY101TRUCK
    Ok so do you have your FF1 cert.? If not then you still cant go in that building....

As to Bushwhacker's example I just did a quick look up and there seem to be plenty of trauma centers in Montana. And another thing couldnt find any information about Dr. Hammer the medical director. Well you know what the law is the law and I would take the patient to the closest hospital in the correct state according to law which exceptions can be made I'm sure but if they cant then they are going to the one that is 35 minutes away(according to your example) why because if I know I have done everything I possible could do to try and save their life and they die, god forbid then I feel fine because I tried everything possible to save them,. Another thing is you said your willing to lose your license to save someone, ok so what if they dont survive? Well their dead and now you have no license hey great choice. If you tried everything to save them and they died well you know what thats how it is, its called life. I hate to be the one to break the bad news to you but everyone dies at one point. Whether its in their bed at 88 years old or in the back of an ambulance at 25.
    To sum up 101Truck's thoughts........YOU AREN'T GOD! Do everything in your power to help the person and if they die...it was their time, and there is nothing that you can do about it.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer
    To sum up 101Truck's thoughts........YOU AREN'T GOD! Do everything in your power to help the person and if they die...it was their time, and there is nothing that you can do about it.
    I am trying not to take offenise to this but you are coming off as a smartass.

Yes there are some excellent tramu centers in MT but the state of ND will not recognize them.Well then I guess that we will disagree, if I know that a Pt. won't make it I will do all in my power to save them if I don't, then I don't, but I can live with the fact that I know that I tried EVERYTHING that I could to save that person. Do you honestly think that you would be able to just shrug someones life off like that? If you can I personally don't belive that you should have any buissness in EMS with that lack of compassion.

But hey that is just my thoughts.

And if you want a Phone number for hammer, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
    I am trying not to take offenise to this but you are coming off as a smartass.

Yes there are some excellent tramu centers in MT but the state of ND will not recognize them.Well then I guess that we will disagree, if I know that a Pt. won't make it I will do all in my power to save them if I don't, then I don't, but I can live with the fact that I know that I tried EVERYTHING that I could to save that person. Do you honestly think that you would be able to just shrug someones life off like that? If you can I personally don't belive that you should have any buissness in EMS with that lack of compassion.

But hey that is just my thoughts.

And if you want a Phone number for hammer, let me know.
    Don't mean to offend you, I am not trying to be a smartass, and I am definatly not a heartless b@stard. Sure it will affect you, but at least knowing that you did all that you could to help the person might help......I have a strong faith and I believe that if it's time for that person, there isn't much I can do about it, I will do pretty much everything humanly possible to keep that person alive, but if thats how its supposed to be, it's how it's supposed to be.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Its not about shrugging that person off, its the fact that I know I did everything within my training that I could then I know I have done the right thing. I never said I wouldnt feel bad they died because I mean yeah its sucks for someone to die. BUT I'm not going to let that stop me from living my life or performing my job anywhere. There is a thread in the EMS forum and its about 'why save a 100 year old patient'? If you think well morally I should save this because that is my job and on the other hand you might think well they are going to die soon anyways so why bother...
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Well put 101Truck, well put.

Like I said I can agree with that. Just kind of a personally feeling.

Like I said I can agree with that. Just kind of a personally feeling.
    Sounds fair enough....cue the music.....

THREAD CLOSED
    lol
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Rember I was not the One that started it. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hartse
    Closet mutial aid is over 35+ mintues away. And how in the hell are we going to call more than 1 dept if they are more than a hour away. But we are big enough to have hydrants And the answer to some of the eariler posts, There is a singial FF trained on my dept for structrue the rest, all wildlands.

2 people would be more than enough for a shuttle missisons with a dump tank.
    okay then, that means that the 4 total people that respond, 2 would running water when needed and the other 2 would running the pumper and entering the house. Not too safe in my book or anyone elses. Sounds like you need to have mutual aide paged the same time you do when there is a structure fire.

Quote Originally Posted by 36Vollie
    okay then, that means that the 4 total people that respond, 2 would running water when needed and the other 2 would running the pumper and entering the house. Not too safe in my book or anyone elses. Sounds like you need to have mutual aide paged the same time you do when there is a structure fire.
    Com'on man, its done with, over, FINISHED. Don't start another war.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhacker
    Com'on man, its done with, over, FINISHED. Don't start another war.

You're right Bushwhacker. Sorry man. Have a good one.

Ya don't need to apoligize, man. Take er easy man.

Glad we all can get along!

Thread Information