Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default youngstownfire.com is back!

Just a quick email to let everyone know that youngstownfire.com, the firehouse magazine site of the month for June 2002, is back up and running (for the most part). My hosting company had equipment failure and we were down while they set a new server up. We should be available again. There are a few sections not up yet like the youngstownfire.com message boards and the Youngstown Firefighter Database but those will be brought back online as soon as possible. Thanks and please check out the site!
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA
    Webmaster, youngstownfire.com
    youngstownfire.com forums @ www.yngfire.com

Unhappy YFD O.O.S.

For those of you that may have checked recently, the server for this board went down again. It really is an outstanding site, so check back again when you have the opportunity. Right Greg?

Talking Youngstownfire.com

The web site is back!

Forum Member

Default Yea but who knows how long?

It's back but who knows for how long. It came back up at 1:00pm this afternoon and it's now 5:15pm. Maybe it will stay up for good this time!
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Default youngstownfire.com is back up (again)(again)

youngstownfire.com is ready to move ahead again. We switched to a new hosting company last week and upgraded our message board forums which means you can actually see the photos in the fire apparatus dictionary area or the fire apparatus color dictionary! Yahoo!

What do we offer @ youngstownfire.com?
    - The latest news, information and photos from the Youngstown, Ohio Fire Department
    (http://www.youngstownfire.com)

- Free Youngstown Fire Incident Pages (http://www.youngstownfire.com/ymfpa)

- Live Youngstown Fire Department Scanner Feed (http://www.youngstownfire.com/live)

- Weekly chat every Tuesday evening at 9:00 P.M. EST (21:00 hours) (http://www.youngstownfire.com/chat)

- The only fire apparatus logo database (http://www.youngstownfire.com/fmlogo/fmlogo.html)

- We were the exclusive forum for the Cincinnati, OH Fire Auction March 7th and 8th. We also have several great discussion forums where you can talk about anything fire related! We have a thorough worldwide events calendar on the message boards as well!

and much much more. You have to stop in and check out the message boards and drop in for a chat on Tuesday nights @ 9pm EST!!
    --
    Greg
    Webmaster, www.youngstownfire.com

After some updates the Youngstown Fire Forums are back - but under a new address. Have a look here for more than 40,000 apparatus, firehouse, fire scene, and other fire service related posts: http://yngfire.com/index.php

Forum Member

When are you going to change the magazine clipping firetec logo to the picture of the real one I sent you ? (on your apparatus logos)
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    When are you going to change the magazine clipping firetec logo to the picture of the real one I sent you ? (on your apparatus logos)
    Yeah, I know. I'm sorry slackjawedyokel! I keep putting off the updates to the logos site. I have your photos and a bunch of other people's in a folder in my email. I just haven't been able to devote any time to updating it. I'll make that my new years resolution!

P.S. Thanks for your contribution to the logos site! I really do appreciate it even though I can't seem to get time to update it.

Greg
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Forum Member

Im not complaining - just giving you a hard time. - I enjoy the site and refer folks to it often. Espically the apparatus listings.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Im not complaining - just giving you a hard time. - I enjoy the site and refer folks to it often. Espically the apparatus listings.
    Thanks! Just what I need more people giving me a hard time No actually, I'm glad you enjoy the site (I enjoy it too for the most part and when I have time to work on it). The forums were in major need of some TLC. There are still a few attachment issues with that but I'll work on them over the holidays.

I'd ultimately like to change the apparatus logos page slightly and make it easier to update. It's a pain in the butt in it's current state.

Then there is trashmacks.com that I'm working on and the main youngstownfire.com site renovations. And then there is the site I want to create for fire news in the Youngstown and Mahoning Valley area. And somewhere along the way I have to work my 40 hour a week job so I can have money to afford all of the hosting and parts for my fire truck and candy for parades in the summer And doggie playtime! Can't forget doggie playtime with my border collie on Wed and Sundays! (She gets unbearable when she doesn't get out to playtime and then I can't get ANYTHING done!)
    Greg Ricker
    Youngstown, Ohio, USA

Thread Information