Thread: World Of Fire Report: 06-13-02
06-14-2002, 11:14 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 06-13-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Thursday, June 13, 2002
· CENTRAL ISLIP (SUFFOLK Co.), NY: Working fire in the area of Lowell Ave & Cherry Street. Unknown type building. NFI. [MNS270]. 1:10a.m.
· MVA MIDDLEBORO, MA: RT.495 Southbound, south of Route-44 AMR/Middleboro A1-reports 1-10-45-C1 at scene. *470.700/155.355* [TAC9-C20]. 4:56a.m.
· MFN: PRINCE GEORGES Co., MD: High Angle Rescue at 2500 Enterprise Rd. (Baptist Church). Command reports 2 workers trapped 85 in the air. Crews should handle with assignment. [MFN56/MFN-1]. 8:03a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE Co., MD: Industrial Accident with Medevac at 17432 Wesley Chapel Rd. Construction worker injured. M/A from Harford Co. MSPT-1 en-route. NFI-ATT. [MFN-39]. 8:14a.m.
· OLHMAN (MONTGOMERY Co.), IL: (delayed) Water Rescue Female on top of her car due to Rt.16 flooded. Nokomis Engine 701 advised water 2ft deep across road. Female was rescued by boat. [CIFN*1]. 8:33a.m.
· TAYLORVILLE (CHRISTIAN Co.), IL: (delayed) 410 Springfield Rd. Smoke in a basement. [CIFN*1]. 8:40a.m.
· NEW TOWN (BUCKS Co.), PA: *2nd Alarm* 18 State St. Fire in a 1 & 2 story building. Heavy fire. NFI. [EAN118 &699]. 8:47a.m.
· HENDRICK Co., IN: Overnight 4th Alarm at 9200 Thoroughbred Dr. Large brick horse stable fully involved on arrival. M/A Brownsburg, Zionsville, Perry Twp. Total loss. [INDY-12]. 9:04a.m.
· Working fire SOUTHINGTON, CT: Mountain View and Hobart. Fully involved 1-story wood frame - exterior operations with Deck Guns. Request EMS for burn victim. CT2581 [TAC9-C32]. 10:35a.m.
· General Alarm SOUTHINGTON, CT: Mountain View and Hobart Streets. 1-story wood frame - fully involved. Exterior operations. Deck Guns operating. EMS for a civilian burn victim. CT80 CT1062 [TAC9-C32]. 10:54a.m.
· LIBERTY TWP. (DELAWARE Co.), OH: 2nd Alarm at 4565 Columbus Pike @ Delaware JVS. Fire in a School building. Bulk of fire in rear. Tankers en-route. [FPO/212/D703] (C). 1:57p.m.
· Working fire - NORTH PROVIDENCE, RI: 7 Lees Farm Common Rd. 1-story Townhouse - well involved on arrival. An additional Engine/Truck to scene from Providence. *154.25* [TAC9-C304]. 1:57p.m.
· Working fire GLOCESTER, RI: 53 Second Rd. Structure fire - smoke showing from floor #2. Request M/A Tankers. *154.07* [TAC9-C32]. 1:58p.m.
· 2nd Alarm GLOCESTER, RI: (West Dist.) 53 Second Rd. Structure fire. M/A to work and cover. *154.07* C304 C319 [TAC9-C32]. 2:01p.m.
· Haz/Mat - GORHAM, ME: 192 Narragansett St. Unknown type spill. M/A from Westbrook with a Haz/Mat Team. *154.400* C32 [TAC9-C101]. 2:11p.m.
· Update - 2nd Alarm GLOCESTER, RI: 53 Second Rd. Fire knocked down. Companies opening up now. PWH *154.07* C319/C32 [TAC9-C304]. 2:19p.m.
· Working fire - AUBURN, NH: 220 Rockingham Road. A house fire. OIC reports heavy smoke showing. M/A Engine & Ladder from Manchester. *154.130* [TAC9-C101]. 3:17p.m.
· RICHMOND, VA: Working fire at 936 Barlen Dr. Quint-23 on scene with light smoke showing from rear of a 1-story single family dwelling. Interior attack in progress. Q23, Q22, Q20, R3, BC3. (RFD-150). [VFN102]. 3:23p.m.
· RICHMOND, VA: Male jumper Southbound Lee Bridge. Hostage negotiator en-route. Divers preparing to enter water. Quint 6, Rescue 1, Dive 1, BATT-1. (RFD-150) [VFN102]. 3:26p.m.
· CHESTERFIELD Co., VA: MVA with entrapment Huguenot & Scherer. Truck on its side. Extrication completed. Units from Richmond also responded. (RFD-150) [VFN102]. 3:42p.m.
· LAFAYETTE TWP. (MEDINA Co.), OH: 2nd Alarm @ Old Chippewa Lake Amusement Park on Lake Rd. Large frame building fully involved. 2nd Alarm for Tankers. (700/FPO). 3:52p.m.
· LAFAYETTE TWP. (MEDINA Co.), OH: Update @ Chippewa Lake Amusement Park. 2nd Alarm for Tankers from 2 Counties responding defensive. Operations with Master Streams. (700/FPO). 4:00p.m.
· Update RICHMOND, VA: Male jumper on Lee Bridge. Subject talked down by negotiator. Situation under control. Units have cleared the scene. (RFD-150) [VFN102]. 4:02p.m.
· DELEON (VOLUSIA Co.), FL: Volusia County FD on scene of a 2 Alarm fire in a 1-story house at 4385 Marsh Rd. Units having access problems due to house situated in woods. Request for extra Tankers & manpower. [GCFN63/GCFN02]. 4:03p.m.
· SUFFOLK, VA: Working fire @ 111 Charlotte Ave. Ladder 3 on scene with fire in a single-family dwelling. NFI. [VFN05]. 4:47p.m.
· MVA - PEDESTRIAN HULL, MA: on Nantasket Ave at "K" Street. (1) 10-45 Code 2 (teenager). Request for Medflight. L/Z is the "L" Street Field. *154.265* [TAC9-C461]. 4:57p.m.
· VIRGINIA BEACH, VA: Working fire at 3901 West Colonial Parkway. BATT 4 on scene has fire in the attic of a single-family dwelling. 2 lines in operation. 5 Supply line charged. [VFN05]. 4:59p.m.
· Update VIRGINIA BEACH, VA: Working fire at 3901 West Colonial Parkway. BATT-4 advises fire in a 1-story single-family dwelling. Fire knocked down at this time. Holding all Units. *FINAL* (175) [VFN05]. 5:03p.m.
· MVA - FRANKLIN, CT: 357 Pond Road. Vehicle over embankment. Jaws in use. CT2709/CT19 [TAC9-C461]. 5:05p.m.
· All Companies working - LOWELL, MA: 296 West Sixth Street. Structure fire. Companies report fire showing on arrival. *154.205* C15 [TAC9-C461]. 5:09p.m.
· Update - Working fire - LOWELL, MA: 296 West Sixth Street. Fire in a 3-story wood frame Commercial on floor #1 with Apartments above. DWH. *154.205* C15 [TAC9-C461]. 5:17p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - HARTFORD, CT: 20 Church Street. Fire in a High-rise building. *154.310/800* CT19/21 [TAC9-C461]. 5:25p.m.
· VIRGINIA BEACH, VA: MVA with entrapment @ I-264 WB past Independence Blvd. Engine 23 calling entrapment. Request 2 additional Rescues. 4 to 6 patients involved. Ladder 9, Tech 2 and BATT-4 responding. [VFN05]. 5:27p.m.
· MVA STAMFORD, CT: RTE.95 North at Exit 7. Jaws in use. CT3390 CT19 [TAC9-C32]. 6:24p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Moline FPD has a 1st Alarm house fire at 10061 Earl x Chambers. Engine 4610 on the scene with smoke showing. ENGS: 4610, 4910, 4920. [STL810]. 8:35p.m.
· Working fire - HARTFORD, CT: 303 Wethersfield Ave. Vacant building with a small fire in the front of the building. PWH CT80 [TAC9-C422]. 8:38p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Update on Moline FPDs 1st Alarm house fire at 10061 Earl: Quick knock down with one line off. Fire is under control. [STL810]. 8:38a.m.
· Working fire - WINDSOR, CT: 65 Sunny Field Dr. A garage attached to a wood frame dwelling. Co.'s opening roof. CT80 [TAC9-C422]. 8:46p.m.
· 2nd Alarm BUFFALO, NY: 109 Oxford. Large 2.5-story frame with heavy fire conditions 2nd floor and attic. S/C extra engine above 2nd as Fast Team TFN300. [TORONTO FIRE NET]. 9:17p.m.
· MVA - NEW GLOUCESTER, ME: Intervale Rd (Rt.231) Car vs. Moose. M/A Jaws from Poland to work. *153.920/154.055* C32 [TAC9-C101]. 9:24p.m.
· MVA with entrapment: MANCHESTER, CT: I-384 Westbound to 84 Westbound. CSP Trooper hit head-on by wrong way driver. Trooper pinned. CT123 [TAC9-C422]. 10:01p.m.
· Update - MVA with entrapment: MANCHESTER, CT: I-384 Westbound to 84 Westbound. CSP Trooper hit head-on by wrong way driver. Two 10-45C2 (serious). An additional Engine Co. & Life Star on scene. 1 victim pinned. CT123 [TAC9-C422]. 10:10p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Still Alarm basement structure fire at 5366 Claxton. Pumper-12 reports a 4-family flat with smoke showing - 1 line off. PUMPERS: 12, 27, 24 & BC806. [STL819]. 10:43p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's Still Alarm for a fire in the basement of a 4-family flat at 5366 Claxton. BC8806 reports the fire is under control. [STL819]. 11:02p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: 2nd Alarm dwelling fire (Box 57-4) ops C-1 at 4000 block Pennington Ave. Command reporting heavy smoke condition on 2nd floor with extension. [MFN-8]. 11:34p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for June 13, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. Beginning in early 2002, we will be sending all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an email address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information, you can contact us at our office, (937) 399-4197, email us at email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. House fire. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Cos: Eng 101, 19 (Columbus), Lad 27, Med 101, Res111cuE (Westerville), BN 101, 111. Eng 101 stretching a line. Numerous other Columbus companies enroute. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Eng 19 assisting Eng 101. BN 101 calling for ventilation. Hydrant in front. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Eng 11 & 27 cancelled on scene by BN 7. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Fire thru the roof. Comapnies hitting with deck guns, FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Eng 19 working in rear. Eng 11 remained on scene for relief. BN 101 reports roof opened in rear. Med 19 on scene. Utilities S/c'd. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Rear sector reports 1 victim removed from bldg, medic needed ASAP. Heavy fire in attic. Lad 24 on scene, pulling ceilings. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike @ Delaware JVS. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Chief 101 requesting add'l engine for relief. Columbus cos O/S are: Eng 11, 19, 24, Lad 24, 27, Res11cuE, Med 19, BN 7, EMS 17. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike. Fire in a school bldg. Chief 321 has command. Eng 341 reports bulk of fire in rear of bldg. Tankers enroute for water supply. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Eng 6 enroute for relief. Companies making slow progress. FPO/D212 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. NAS*T Has been S/c'd for investigation. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike. Partial rundown: Eng 321, 442 (Genoa Twp), 361 (Orange Twp), 93 (Washington Twp), Lad 91, 321, 361. Command unable to do a PAR at this time. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike. Building Department S/C'd. Companies opening roof & removing materials for access. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike. L/Ps up & flowing. Porta-tanks set up & working. FPO/246*/212/240/D703 ©
Worthington (Franklin): W/F 584 Fox Ln. Fire K/D. Holding all companies. Investigators on scene. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike. Box 15 Canteen enroute. Command starting to release some tankers. FPO/D212 ©
Liberty Twp (Delaware): *2nd Alarm* 4565 Columbus Pike. Command reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. FPO/D212 ©
Norwich Twp (Franklin): MVA/MCI I-70 WB @ 89 MM. Cos: Med 80, 81, 243 (Prairie Twp), Res81enG, BN 80. 5 cars involved, 6 injuries. FPO/249/D223 ©
Norwich Twp (Franklin): MVA/MCI I-70 WB @ 89 MM. Med 80 & 243 enroute to Doctors West, Med 81 to Grant. Freeway closed. FPO/249/D223 ©
Pleasant Twp (Franklin): FATAL MVA Harrisburg-Georgesville North of Gay Rd. Sta 231 with M/A Jackson Twp Sta 203, Med 401 (Scioto Twp), Res202cuE, Car 233. Eng 231 reports code 1 (DOA), rollover, person UNDER car. FPO/D223 ©
Lafayette Twp (Medina): *2nd Alarm* Old Chippewa Lake Park on Lake Rd. Large bldg fully involved. 2nd Alarm for tankers. FPO/D700 ©
Lafayette Twp (Medina): *2nd Alarm* Old Chippewa Lake Park on Lake Rd. Tankers from Medina, Wayne counties enroute. Defensive mode. FPO/D700 ©
Streetsboro (Portage): W/F MABAS Box # 123 @ 1780 Miller Parkway. Fire in comm'l bldg. FPO/701/D700 ©
Streetsboro (Portage): W/F MABAS Box # 123 @ 1780 Miller Parkway. Fire K/D. Holding all incoming units. FPO/701/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 25
--- Pages YTD: 2118
BALTIMORE Co., MD: PIA/PIN on Belair Rd & Open Bible Way (Co.#48 Kingsville). Have a working rescue. Mutual Aid Harford Co. [DC/BMD/E*23-1-42]. 12:57p.m.
FREDERICK Co., MD: *Fatal* PIA/PIN / EB I-70, W of Ridge Rd (MD RT27). (Co.#1 Mt. Airy). Tractor-trailer & (5) cars involved. *All EB lanes CLOSED. [DC/BMD/E*23-1-56]. 1:12p.m.
***BALTIMORE, MARYLAND FIRE HISTORY***
for June 13th:
1930: Washington,DC: 4 Alarms - Box#163 - 1332 New York Ave, N.W. - Acting Deputy Chief Peter R. Davis, was killed @ the Rudolph & West fire when a ladder broke & he fell to the ground. (CO)
1951: 5 Alarms - Box#197 - 1726 E Pratt St - East Of Downtown - Fire involved the Meadow Gold Ice Cream Company. (CHM1)
1963: 6 Alarms - Box#754 - 2636 W North Ave - Walbrook (Northwest Of Downtown) - Fire involved the Walbrook Mill & Lumber Company - (6) alarms were sounded as (4) railroad carloads of plywood stacked in a (4) building complex was destroyed - Firefighter Irvin Kingsbury, T-10, fell from a high pile of lumber & was injured. (CHM1*TUH)
George T. Ehrman
Check out Riverview Fire & Rescue's Website
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada
TAC9 is very pleased to announce the rebirth of "Toronto Firenet".
Many of the old timers will remember the group from the past. I have worked very hard with Keith Hanley to get this rolling and the group should be up and running in the next 30 days.
Toronto Firenet, "A division of TAC9 Paging", will function in a similar fashion as does Virginia Firenet (VFN) under the TAC9 organization.
Best wishes to all !
BRUCE R HICKOX [TAC9-C339]
National Affiliates Coordinator
TAC9 PAGING (Boston/Providence)
" A Proud Member of the IFBA "
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
C A R O L I N A S F I R E P A G E
The Carolinas Emergency Network Notification Network
CFP provides coverage to our members based in North and South Carolina and the Savannah, GA area. We page: working fires and multiple alarms, haz-mat incidents, mass casualty incidents, and other disaster information. Our members also maintain a very active email list for follow-ups on jobs, fire buff info, etc. Our web site has apparatus pics and fire station location information. CFP multiple alarm fires appear on WOF, but there is a whole lot more you may be missing!
Call 1-888-491-5201 for information, or visit us at http://www.carolinasfirepage.com
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
Box 8 Club of St. Louis Inc.
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)