Thread: Hi!

As soon as I find myself, I'll let you know

Default Hi!

Just wanted to say hello to all. Not really new to the site, just new to posting *smiles*. I work in South Florida for a Fire District. We have fifteen stations, around 325 personnel at last count. We just got a new rescue copter. Now all we have to do is keep it in the air! It's come down twice in a week.

Well, that's all for now.

Talking

Welcome! I'm new myself.. but figured I'd extend the welcome anyway. I'm actually a new volunteer firefighter.. just started this past March.. I'm lovin it!
    Some people call me crazy for firefighting...I never have anything to say.

Default We've Already Met but Hi

Well since we've already met I'll just say hello and welcome. My chief and one of my firefighters are from South Florida. Chief came from Bradenton Fire and I think my firefighter came from Oak Terrace or Oakview Terrace, something like that. As a matter of fact, we just got back from Ocala. E-One is pretty big around the midwest. Anyway, it is nice to meet you. Capt. John King, L3112
    celer et audax

Default Hello!

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome! *s*

I work for the St. Lucie County Fire District, in Fort Pierce. It's about four hours south of Ocala. Right now I'm a lowly little firefighter one, but I'm taking the engineer's test in September...(crossing my fingers and saying a Hail Mary). I also hope to eventually finish medic school somewhere in the future.

It's nice to meet you both, hope to run into you in the forums again!

Ember

Anything worth doing is worth doing well

Forum Member

Hello,

And cher up, everyone starts at the bottom, if it was for the Indians there wouldn't be a need for the chiefs... before you know it you will be chief

Good luck on your quest and advancement.

I grew up as a volunteer Firefighter/EMT and now still volunteer with the fire department and paid Paramedic.

I lived in Louisiana, volunteer as a firefighter/Paramedic for a small department and work as a paramedic on an offshore oil drilling platform...

Default Good Luck

Good luck on the engineers test.
    celer et audax

Awww shucks,

You guys really know how to give a girl some confidence! Thanks for all the support. First off, Louisiana medic, WOW! On offshore oil rig? I've always wondered what it was like to live on one of those. To be perfectly honest, and having lost everything I owned to Hurricane Andrew once upon a time, I would be scared *&^%less!

Secondly, it's killing me. I've looked everywhere, and I can't find the meaning. Celea et Audax? "and bold???" *grinz*

Ember

"Knowledge, like religion, must be "experienced" in order to be known" E.P. Whipple

Forum Member

Anytime, everyone needs a boost of confidence.

As far as being scare, usually for hurricanes you are evacuated in plenty of time before it hits... You get used to it.. Bad part away from family 14 days at a time, good part home for 14 days... I have seen many water spouts since I been offshore, during just regular thunderstorms or fronts passing down...

Take care of yourself and family...

God Bless...

Thread Information