Veteran Member

Question Vindicator Nozzle

For those that remember there was a long debate over the vindicator nozzles. Has anyone had much success or failures with them. Have the just dropped off the face of the earth? I just haven't seen much of them for awhile. Look like a good idea. But would like to know how they work in the field.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Vindicator Nozzles!

I have to say up front that I sell all types of nozzles (Vindicator, Elkhart, Akron, and TFT).

We use them on my department and are very happy with them. We have both Vindicators and combation nozzles. When you have heavy fire and need high flow you pull the Vindicator. We use the Heavy Attack on our 1 3/4" line, the Blitz Attack on our 2 1/2" line, and the Master Attack on our deck gun. For our foam line we have a 125-gpm eductor so on that line we use the Light Attack.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions please e-mail them to me as I don't want this to sound like a sales pitch.

P.P.

MembersZone Subscriber

We use vindicator nozzles and are very happy with them. They arent replacements for smooth bores or fog nozzles, just another great tool!

MembersZone Subscriber

Lewisville, Texas uses them, and they seem to be happy with them.A good friend of mine is an officer there and when I asked about them he really likes the volumn they can get from smaller lines at a fairly low pressure. My department is right down the road and we use ATF's, PPV, and utilize direct and indirect attacks, LFD uses Vindicators, verticle ventilation, and go for the seat of the fire with high gpm's, yet both departments are very good firefighting departments. In my opinion, chooosing between Vindicators or ATF's is like choosing between the Run and Shoot or the Wishbone, nearly totally opposite philosophies, but they will both put you in the end zone if you run them right.
    Make your weaknesses your strengths

MembersZone Subscriber

Both my career and volunteer departments use them. In my volunteer department they are 1st line off the rig for a structure. In my career department, they are pulled if you have heavy fire showing and/or you know its rocking. Personally, I like the volume of water it puts out and is as simple as they get in terms of reliability and ability to take abuse. No matter wht type of ventialtion you do, it still takes GPM to put out a fire. I have seen the Vindicator work with PPV, Vertical, Horizontal and hell, no ventilation (Neighboring departments fire). We are currently working with them on a version for our monitors on our Tower.
    Last edited by STATION2; 06-29-2002 at 12:30 PM.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

The vindicator nozzle is the nozzle of choice for me. When I was first introduced with it I was very leary of the nozzle. My then Lt loved it, and in turn I saw what it could do. Hands down the best nozzle for a fire thats rocken..
    This is My Opinion and not of anyone elses!!

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

We used to use the vindicator nozzle, but lost it 9-11-01 Boy do we miss it.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm a Lt on the department that PP is on and I like the Vindicator, I have no problems with it being pulled.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Absolutely! We replaced our smooth bores with it a few years ago. My crew pulls it when heavy smoke or fire is showing. It's connected to 2" attack line and gives us around 300 GPM. Due to inadequate staffing, I have used it alone severval times and the nozzle reaction is half that of a fog nozzle. Class A foam is also automatic, and the Vindicator (in my opinion) is the best A foam nozzle we used.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did anyone see the August issue of Fire Rescue Magazine and the article by Paul Shapario on the Vindicator? What were your thoughts?

P.P.

MembersZone Subscriber

We use the Heavy Attack Vindicator on 1-3/4" at about 250 gpm.

Default Vindicator Nozzle

I haven't had the chance to play with these nozzles. Our Dept. is currently looking at nozzles for 2 1/2 for high rise. Do these operate at 50 psi.? Is it a fog nozzle,Smooth bore, or combinational?

MembersZone Subscriber

mole,
    visit their web site. www.1ststriketech.com, will answer you questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation DEMONSTRATION

First Strike Technologies will demonstrate Vindicator Nozzles at Tri-Township Fire Department on Sunday October 27, 2002 at 14:00 hrs. EST. Our department is about 2 miles north of exit #121 off the Indiana Toll Road. All are welcome to attend. Let me know if you would like directions to our Station.

Forum Member

I work in Vegas downtown. Had a good constuction fire last night. A fully frame only structure about 75x75 fully involved upon our arrival. Captain ordered a blitz attack with the 200' 2-1/2" blitz line flowing 500 gpm with a Vindicator Blitz attack nozzle. We initiated the attack from our 500 gallon booster tank and had a knockdown in about 45 seconds. Oh yea we used class A foam at .5%through a foam pro system. The Vindicator is one hell of a nozzle.

Forum Member

Question Vindicator and Foam

So has anyone done any real testing of the Vindicator and class A foam? I see several posts here mentioning they use it, how does it stack up to a conventional foam playpipe or CAFS? I've heard someone describe it as "poor man's CAFS" any truth to this?

FIREMAN 1st GRADE

I have use the Vindicator in battle on a 2 1/2 in a High rise multiple dwelling. It is a great tool. I was at the Rock when First Strike Technologies demonstrated the nozzle with foam. It worked better then the nozzle we use today.
    We lost it at 9-11-01 and as of yet replaced it...
    Last edited by E40FDNYL35; 10-20-2002 at 10:08 AM.
    ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
    NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
    CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
    LT. John Ginley Engine 40
    FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
    FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
    FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
    FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
    FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
    FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *
    FF. Michael Lynch Engine 40
    FF. Michael Dauria Engine 40

Charleston 9
    "If my job was easy a cop would be doing it."
    *******************CLICK HERE*****************

MembersZone Subscriber

I did not see Big Paulie's Vindicator article that was in the Fire Rescue Magazine. Is it available to access or download from the net or from Paul?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up I like it!

We had our demonstration yesterday. I was impressed with the Vindicator. It's simple, it's rugged, and it flows.

I have never used a nozzle that can provide large flow with so little kick back. Using 1-3/4 hose, with flows over 200 gpm, one person can advance the line with ease. The Blitz Nozzle flowed in excess of 500 gpm on 2-1/2 hose. It will be the nozzle on our blitz line.

Foam production is excellent. Using Class A foam at 0.1% mix, the nozzle was throwing a stream of foam without any sacrifice in reach. If you are looking for an aspirated nozzle, check out the Vindicator.

The representative used a calibrated flow meter and gages to document everything. After several comparisons we learned a little about our equipment as well. The hose we are using causes major friction loss. By changing brand of hose we increased flow 40 gpm at the same pump pressure.

As First Strike says, the Vindicator is not a replacement for all your nozzles. It cannot produce a fog stream. Have a demonstration at your department. Feel the difference yourself.

MembersZone Subscriber

bump for more info from vindicator users, especially people using them with class A foam.

Thread Information